Carpet Putting Habits

Tedfroop

One eyed and left handed
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 10.8
When you are carpet putting, do you wear shoes or slippers that put you at about the same height as you would be with golf shoes on?

How would you rate your distance control?

I usually do so barefoot, leaving me on an improper level when putting.

My distance control is usually brutal on transition from indoor to outdoor. What it does do is help groove the stroke for me.

When you are carpet putting, do you wear shoes or slippers that put you at about the same height as you would be with golf shoes on?

carpet putt with shoes to make me about the same height.

Don't worry about distance control. The only thing I practice indoors is hitting intended line.

I usually wear sandals when I put indoors. I work on distance control most when indoors, the carpet in my son's room is probably an eight which is about what the public courses around me are. It takes a bit of an adjustment when I get outside, but the greens aren't terribly fast or smooth early in the season.

I wear shoes, but that's because it's in my workshop and there are sharp things down there sometimes.

Distance control is a non-issue to me inside. I mainly roll putts out of sheer boredom or to work on my stroke.

I wear shoes, but that's because it's in my workshop and there are sharp things down there sometimes.

Distance control is a non-issue to me inside. I mainly roll putts out of sheer boredom or to work on my stroke.

same here for the distance control part. I'm not really looking at that at all. I do it mostly when I am watching tv or just trying to kill some time.

I wear my golf shoes, my wife thinks I'm nuts. I actually practice putting on a 1 metre steel ruler on the carpet to try and groove my stroke - its a pretty cheap putting aid.

usually barefoot. I'm not worried about distance control. I am more focused on stroke repeatability and contact.

I just don't do it. It is like hitting off of mats on the range. I know many like to stay sharp over the winter and all, but I take the downtime and do other hobbies. My season is done now and all the clubs are put away until April.

I found out long ago that I'm better off just waiting until spring comes and then working on the game under real conditions. Never seems to take me long to get back in the groove.

Just wondering as since reading Putter Perfection I started putting only while wearing shoes that approximate the height of my golf shoes so that I am gripping and swinging the club from the same place as on the course. My putting definitely improved this year and my distance control has been impeccable all year.

Back