I don't have an issue with it really. Many of us use carts, so I'm not seeing the big deal. JD has to carry around that cheeseburger locker of a belly somehow!
:beat-up:

I bet they can already drink beer if they want to.

Rocco admitted until he quit this past year or so that he drank on the PGA Tour in events as well as PGA Tour Champions

If this gets Daly playing out there I am fine with it, crowds love him and it will be a good thing. However if we have a real contender for the title that would get this exemption I start to get more iffy. Let's say Rory, J.Day (who has back issues), or Tiger (back issues...) rolls up in a cart to the first tee I think the discussion gets a lot more complicated.

PGA Championship isn't run by the PGA tour so you could see it just not more then once a year or whatever. All is good his caddie will still walk and carry the bag.

I’m fine with it. I don’t think its going to give him any advantage. No more advantage than someone drinking water vs Gatorade, or playing one ball brand vs another. So many variables.

I kinda want a regular tour stop to use carts for one tournament to see if they play any faster.

Golfer and caddy in a cart. No sharing carts.

Rounds better be short.

Carts??? Next thing you know they will allow someone else to carry the objects you need to use to play the game!! :laugh:

Seriously though I have no problem with them all walking, riding, wearing shorts, using pushcarts, riding scooters, etc.

I'm okay with it. However, I don't know that we can say it isn't an advantage. As someone who rides a cart and walks, I can definitely say that walking takes more endurance/energy for me. And that can have an effect on my game for the last 4 holes or so. However, I always feel like I play better in general when I walk as opposed to riding.

I'm okay with it. However, I don't know that we can say it isn't an advantage. As someone who rides a cart and walks, I can definitely say that walking takes more endurance/energy for me. And that can have an effect on my game for the last 4 holes or so. However, I always feel like I play better in general when I walk as opposed to riding.

When you walk do you carry your own bag or use a push/pull cart? Either way I think that is different than walking while having a caddie carry for you and attend to all the other possibly energy sapping duties like raking traps, etc. Champions tour players have the option I believe. I would love to see if it didn’t speed up play at a normal tour stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you walk do you carry your own bag or use a push/pull cart? Either way I think that is different than walking while having a caddie carry for you and attend to all the other possibly energy sapping duties like raking traps, etc. Champions tour players have the option I believe. I would love to see if it didn’t speed up play at a normal tour stop.

That's a fair point. These days I have a push cart, but I carried my bag when I was younger. Even with the push cart it's still more labor intensive than riding. With that said, Daly doesn't appear to be in the kind of shape to walk regardless of caddie assistance.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I kinda want a regular tour stop to use carts for one tournament to see if they play any faster.

Golfer and caddy in a cart. No sharing carts.

Rounds better be short.

I bet a lot of guys would walk even if they were allowed a cart. With Tiger's back he would not want to sit down over and over imo. He would rather walk.

Let them pick either cart or caddie. Lol

May be a fun experiment.

He won't make it past Friday, so it doesn't matter.

Daly is just an exhibition player, so I have no issue with this, but generally I don't ever want to see Pro players ride, they should walk the course.

And walking is an advantage IMO, keeps the legs moving and the back upright, I don't see fatigue as a big issue unless the course is very hilly and/or the player is way out of shape.

I think they should all ride carts so they can get these rounds in under the 5 hour mark.

Carts don't make slow golfers quicker. Slow golfers will still be slow.

Carts don't make slow golfers quicker. Slow golfers will still be slow.

Yup. It ain't walkers at any of the courses I play stretching rounds out 5+ hours.

Back