Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Enough to overturn a call either way?

I think it's a catch

This frame and the frames before and after make me think no catch, but it's tricky.

1709387108001.png

A player makes a play like that it deserves to be a catch

It's close, but I call it a catch.

Watching it live, I thought he trapped it. Watching the replay, I go back and forth but don’t see enough to overturn the on field call.

No catch

I don't see enough to overturn whatever the on the field call was. To me it looks like a catch based on the direction his glove was pointed in the dive, but I could also see the argument it hit the ground and then caught the thumb of the glove to be contained.

Think it's hits the inside glove on the finger side then bounces into the thumb/pocket. If it hits the turf it would bounce to strong for the thumb to collapse the pocket enough. .02

Heck of a catch.

I don't see enough to overturn whatever the on the field call was. To me it looks like a catch based on the direction his glove was pointed in the dive, but I could also see the argument it hit the ground and then caught the thumb of the glove to be contained.
The on field call was a catch and it was overturned.

That's a catch. Unless it's against my team, then it's not a catch.

Wow, I really don’t see enough in that view to overturn it. They must have had a different view.

This is why replay sucks.

It’s not clear an obvious. There is no bearing to overturn. You have 100 people in the room, no way you a clear majority saying that’s not a catch.

I say a catch, but man that’s a tough tough call

Back