Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

Told the wife I would do first thing, so looking at around 7a. They currently have 6:30, 6:50 and 7:10 open in the time frame I am looking for. Any later than that I'll get grief from the other half.

Told the wife I would do first thing, so looking at around 7a. They currently have 6:30, 6:50 and 7:10 open in the time frame I am looking for. Any later than that I'll get grief from the other half.

Play the 6:50 or 7:10 and I will drive out there and meet up with you. (extra 20-30 minutes sleep) Let me know...

Anyone here played the course at Eagle Rock Resort? I will be heading up there to meet some friends and we will likely get out on the links. Would love to have a little G2 on the course....

Anyone here played the course at Eagle Rock Resort? I will be heading up there to meet some friends and we will likely get out on the links. Would love to have a little G2 on the course....

It’s been a few years. If memory serves me right it’s an Arnold Palmer design. Was in great shape and a challenging layout with 4 to 5 tee boxes. Elevation changes, and a few blind approaches. Can’t speak for its shape now but if it is in good shape it’s a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been a few years. If memory serves me right it’s an Arnold Palmer design. Was in great shape and a challenging layout with 4 to 5 tee boxes. Elevation changes, and a few blind approaches. Can’t speak for its shape now but if it is in good shape it’s a good one.

Appreciate the comments - i respond with how the course is currently after i play it.

Play the 6:50 or 7:10 and I will drive out there and meet up with you. (extra 20-30 minutes sleep) Let me know...

I got 7:10 for Saturday. I'll PM you.

Going to play Jeffersonville in the Am. I hear it's pretty nice for a public tract.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jeffersonville is a deceptively tough track. Hope you enjoyed it. Not the most scenic, the club house is a rat hole, but they take great care of the course and Donald Ross designed it as a true 2nd shot course. I absolutely love putting the greens there. It's my 9 hole after work go to course. Last week the punched the fairways, and I think they needle to greens in the next week so it will be a bit off it's best. Given all the rain, I would expect a very quick recovery.

My only issue with Jeffersonville is there are no second cuts from the fairways. It’s fairway and then heavy rough. The second cut is like 10 inches. But, I do like the course.

jeffersonville is a deceptively tough track. Hope you enjoyed it. Not the most scenic, the club house is a rat hole, but they take great care of the course and Donald Ross designed it as a true 2nd shot course. I absolutely love putting the greens there. It's my 9 hole after work go to course. Last week the punched the fairways, and I think they needle to greens in the next week so it will be a bit off it's best. Given all the rain, I would expect a very quick recovery.
I was out of position on the first hole. Read a yardage wrong after I laid up into the green. Doubled the first hole and never really recovered the rest of the day. If I hit a perfect drive I found a fairway bunker. Hit an ideal shot into the green to only see it roll ever so slowly to 35' from the hole. It ate my lunch and then some. I really want to play it again.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My only issue with Jeffersonville is there are no second cuts from the fairways. It’s fairway and then heavy rough. The second cut is like 10 inches. But, I do like the course.

I agree, but it is a big part of the course's defense. it puts a premium on your approach shot control distance and spin control.

I was out of position on the first hole. Read a yardage wrong after I laid up into the green. Doubled the first hole and never really recovered the rest of the day. If I hit a perfect drive I found a fairway bunker. Hit an ideal shot into the green to only see it roll ever so slowly to 35' from the hole. It ate my lunch and then some. I really want to play it again.

the opening hole is so tough - requires a good tee shot and a monster approach shot into that very tough green. If the pin is back, kiss any chance of hitting it close goodbye. #2 is no peach either. while short off the tee - if you're coming out of the rough it can be a real challenge to hold that green and get it tight

Anytime you want to play it, send me a PM and we'll have a go.

If it wasn't so damm humid in the area. It's killing my motivation to take off and play!

Anyone up for a round Sunday?

I could do Saturday; Sunday i have plans with the Fam.

I'm playing Town and Country Saturday with my buddy Will; looks like they paired us up with another 2 folks as the tee time isn't showing up on their website. If you want to give them a call and see if there is room we booked 7AM.

Where you playing Sunday? I'm open

I'm playing Town and Country Saturday with my buddy Will; looks like they paired us up with another 2 folks as the tee time isn't showing up on their website. If you want to give them a call and see if there is room we booked 7AM.

Maybe we’ll get it another time. To get over to T&C for 7am is a big push for Sat AM.

Volunteering at the BMW Championship. Should be an interesting week with our weather.

Volunteering at the BMW Championship. Should be an interesting week with our weather.

GF and I will be with the masses on Saturday, but in a VIP tent on Sunday courtesy of CDW. It will be my first PGA event. I am excited.

Hope you stayed hydrated today!

GF and I will be with the masses on Saturday, but in a VIP tent on Sunday courtesy of CDW. It will be my first PGA event. I am excited.

Have a great time! Being out there is so much fun.

Rutgers is having two more demo days in September.

Sun 9/16 from 1-3p: Srixon/Cleveland Golf/XXIO (no signup necessary)
Sat 9/29 from 1-3p: Callaway (no signup necessary, but suggested)

Anyone up for a round tomorrow Sat. 9/15?

Anyone up for a round tomorrow Sat. 9/15?
Is it finally supposed to stop raining? Lol I'm hoping so, but I can only get a quick round in first thing in am of I wake up.. house hunting at 2pm, then work at night

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Is it finally supposed to stop raining? Lol I'm hoping so, but I can only get a quick round in first thing in am of I wake up.. house hunting at 2pm, then work at night

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yep no rain tomorrow around me at least. Let me know if you want to get a round in. I'm up for traveling if need be...

Anyone looking to get together next few weeks?

Back