Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

This weekend is packed but I could do something next Saturday or Sunday.. I'm in toms River but able to drive somewhere middle

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hey guys, looking at memberships for next year in the Middlesex area. Anybody have any insight on any clubs that are in the $3,500 range? I'm currently an under-35 member at Glenwood CC ($1600/yr walking) and love how challenging the course is but they've struggled maintaining the greens and have way too many dirt patches/muddy fairways over the last two years.

Hey guys, looking at memberships for next year in the Middlesex area. Anybody have any insight on any clubs that are in the $3,500 range? I'm currently an under-35 member at Glenwood CC ($1600/yr walking) and love how challenging the course is but they've struggled maintaining the greens and have way too many dirt patches/muddy fairways over the last two years.

I left Shackamaxon a couple years ago so I'm not sure where their pricing is now or how the course is now, but I enjoyed my three years there as a junior/intermediate member. I think that I was around the 3,500 area + 75/mo food minimum (I live 5 minutes away so that wasn't a big deal for me).

Forsgate is probably about a similar distance from you and is owned by the same group as Shack. I will vouch for the quality of the Banks course (Golden Age architecture and always well-maintained; haven't played the Palmer in a long time, but I love Pebble Creek which is another Hal Purdy course in the area). I'm not sure about the price there since they have 36 holes and I do know a member so I could introduce you if you needed a recommendation/invite.

Watchung Valley is probably closer to you than both of those and I think it's a newly restored Raynor course, but I have no idea on pricing. I'd like to play there so you should just join there. :angel:

From a Heron Glen email today:

FRIGHT NIGHT GLOW BALL TOURNAMENT

Saturday, October 27th
3:30 PM Shotgun

Format - Four Player Scramble

Team Entry Fee: $320.00
Includes: Greens fees, cart fees, range balls, dinner served between nine hole rounds, prizes, and necessary supplies (2 glow-balls).

From a Heron Glen email today:

FRIGHT NIGHT GLOW BALL TOURNAMENT

Saturday, October 27th
3:30 PM Shotgun

Format - Four Player Scramble

Team Entry Fee: $320.00
Includes: Greens fees, cart fees, range balls, dinner served between nine hole rounds, prizes, and necessary supplies (2 glow-balls).

I'm a 23, but would be down for this. Looks like a blast.

Does anyone here belong to Oak Hill Country Club in Hunterdon County, NJ?

My fiancee and I are looking for a club and this one is close, seems friendly and relatively reasonable.

WE will be playing a test round this weekend or next, but looking for first hand experience from THP members.

Played Oak Hill this past weekend. Conditions were tough, about 50 degrees and very windy. The greens were very fast, which is fine, but the undulations were brutal. Without knowledge of the course it was all but impossible to hit a good shot onto the greens. Each green sloped and unudlated in a variety of ways. What woudl normally be a really good shot would run off, or make a 90 degree turn, or not run up. Very challenging. I am not a great golfer, but I normally take less than 30 putts a round. Took 44 yesterday.

That being said, the course was in great shape and definitely has it's quirks and challenges, beyond the greens. The practice facility is really nice. Full driving range, nice putting green and an area just for chipping.

The staff was very friendly and the members all seemed really nice. It is not a country club, it is a golf club. Exactly what I am looking for.

Group Golfer deals. https://www.groupgolfer.com/

Does anyone else get these? So far for 2019 I picked up the $20 Inniscrone Golf Club, $25 Hickory Valley Presidential Course, and $20 Linfield National Golf Club. After 11AM on weekends..

Group Golfer deals. https://www.groupgolfer.com/

Does anyone else get these? So far for 2019 I picked up the $20 Inniscrone Golf Club, $25 Hickory Valley Presidential Course, and $20 Linfield National Golf Club. After 11AM on weekends..
Never heard of this before now. You can snag deals in the off season and use them whenever you want next season? Have you used them before?

Never heard of this before now. You can snag deals in the off season and use them whenever you want next season? Have you used them before?

I thought I responded to this...

It depends on the deal, all the ones I have for 2019 are use by 7/1/2019 and valid after 11AM on the weekends.
I have used them before and no issues.

I'm going to try it out.

Anyone get out today??? 60* in South Jersey. Great day with just some wind. Played at my course White Oaks. Who would of expected to be playing on January 1st in the Northeast.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I'm going to try it out.

Anyone get out today??? 60* in South Jersey. Great day with just some wind. Played at my course White Oaks. Who would of expected to be playing on January 1st in the Northeast.

I played cream ridge.. forgot to check weather before leaving and I was stopping and wore shorts. Cool and windy in the am but then it warmed a little

Front 9 was horrendous, improved by 8 on the back. So much water all over the course

I'm going to try it out.

Took a ride out to SunEagles today and played a bit. The course was underwater with all that rain last night, so I only managed 12 holes. Cant complain, didnt expect to be able to tee up in 2019 until April in NJ.

Played Thursday, Friday, Sunday and today at Indian Spring. Looks good this weekend also! Love getting rounds in this time of year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New to the board and hopefully going to play more this year than previous years. However, I say that every year.

Anyone played or plan on playing the Rutgers RGA league? The opening scramble is this Saturday and I'm thinking of joining.

New to the board and hopefully going to play more this year than previous years. However, I say that every year.

Welcome aboard. I live in Upper Bucks County, so HMU if you ever want to play a round.

Welcome aboard. I live in Upper Bucks County, so HMU if you ever want to play a round.

I usually play Cobbs (Olde), Paxon, or Springfield. I have played other courses in the area but they are the closest.

Welcome to the forum. I live in the Trenton area.

Please email me if you want to play a round.

South jersey here, play at Rancocas Country Club in Willingboro predominantly cause it is so close, plus a nice track. Anybody else go there?

Perhaps we can meet and play at Rancocas. I'll be tied up with work until around Easter, but will have more time after that. Keep in touch.

So does someone want to put something together for a little outing for say 8 of us in the area? I'm down in Cumberland County, NJ but willing to drive anywhere to play. Let's start early with planning a round or two this year.

I play Rancocas a few times each season. If someone puts something together, I can try and adjust my schedule, usually off Sunday and Wednesday.

I used to work in Willingboro and never made it to Rancocas. How is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back