CG13's swing - summer project

cg13

Addict
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 13.3
I thought about starting this awihle ago - as a way of getting second eyes looking at it.

Ive made significant changes since my trip to the TaylorMade Performance Labs- I wasnt striking the ball well at all- now im making great contact - i can tell its centerface - bc i barely feel it leave. My problem is accuracy. I NEED to hit GIR.

I feel its holding me back - as i know im striking the ball well.

So - am i not aimed up right? am i clearing too late? transition poor?

Any ideas are MORE than welcome they are greatly appreciated.

I have 3 videos today uploading to youtube. Im going to split them down -so i can upload to swing academy too.

For now - this is the 6 iron. I hit it multiple times. My aim point is the right edge of the flag green 180 yards out. My natural path is a slight draw - so i am 5 yards left and on my good hits - its tracking pins.

[frame width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dvN5IgtXlus?rel=0&hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>[/iframe]

will upload rest after dinner!

Last edited:
Tried any alignment sticks yet?

yea i had them out - but it started to rain - i packed up - and forgot i needed video yet - so i threw these up pretty quickly during the sprinkle.

i hit a few 6 irons here - 2 were on the green, 1 was 10 yard right, 1 was 15 yards left. To me: felt like i hit them all pretty good - not perfectly dead center - but really good. Am I just not closing the face, or getting it back to square. the face slightly open - on the one that went right at the end. and a little too closed on the one that went left at the end?

Im the last person that can give advice....so I wont

Swing looks good man, looks like you were making solid contact, the GIR's will come!

2 things....you are not stable on the right foot ...your right heel moves inward on the backswing...you need to get the weight on the inside of the right foot and keep it there thru the downswing...Take a club grip and put it under the outside of the right foot and hit balls and you will feel what it is like to get your weight on the "whole inside of the right foot from the ball of the foot to the heel"

You need to leave your "back to the target longer" when you start your downswing...Go to the top and feel your arms drop first...You are turning your upper body a little to soon ....If you do the above you will start hitting from the inside to the ball...Jim

Back