Change ball? Ball-fitting? And some random shaft mumbojumbo..

flix

banter Viking!
Reaction score
Handicap
EGA 14.6
Ok, i have been playing the Callaway Tour-I:s and Titleist NXT Tour for the last season but after reading about ball-fitting here on the forums i am starting to think that i can actually gain a few yards by just changing ball.

I have tried some "ball-fitting" on diffrent producers homepages but it's not like hitting them in real life. I have looked around here in Stockholm for a place to help me with a ball fitting but havn't found one...

I like the balls i use, but i think i can probably find something better for me.

So my question to you is with my swing speed at around 100mph (± 5mph), what ball would you recommend me to try (since i cant find someone to help me with a proper ball fitting in my area).

And also i've been thinking that i've bought a to soft shaft with my superfast driver. This summer i did a customfit for my new set of clubs and the guy helping me told me that i should have a Regular flex (stock shaft) with my superfast driver, but i am starting to feel that it might be too soft for me since i have to really slow down my swing to get a good and clean hit. It feels like i'm loosing a lot of power (lol) by doing that. What's your thoughts? Is it me that does something "wrong" or should i look for a stiffer shaft? I know there are alot of you with an enourmus amount of knowledge in here :)

I would recommend clicking the link above you to speak with a Bridgestone rep. There is nothing else on the web that comes close to that type of info.

I second what Hawk is saying. It is not just some survey, but an actual person that will spend time answering questions and giving you advice.

flix, let us know how it goes once you are done with the Bridgestone fitting.

I'm gonna try to catch one of these ball fitting clinics in Atlanta when we move there in a couple weeks.
Kinda excited to see what all the rave is about these 'stone golf balls.

Got recommended the :bridgestone: Tour B330-RX ball, going to give it a try.

So they should be good for something since JB use it ;)

Got recommended the :bridgestone: Tour B330-RX ball, going to give it a try.

So they should be good for something since JB use it ;)

I would never pick stuff based solely off what I use. I can hack my way around with the best of them.

hehe, was meant as a joke.

Do the online ball fit , or talk to Bridgestone rep..

The RX is a great ball. I switch between it and the e6 depending on course conditions and my abilities for the day. I've found the RX to be really nice off the tee with the benefit of being soft around the greens. Let us know what you think after you try it out !

The RX is a great ball. I switch between it and the e6 depending on course conditions and my abilities for the day. I've found the RX to be really nice off the tee with the benefit of being soft around the greens. Let us know what you think after you try it out !

that is the effects i look for. will give them a try on thursday when i head out to the course.

Back