Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Got my first tee time of the year at Ravisloe on Saturday.. Saw 60 & sunny on the forecast this morning and texted some buddies right away. Hoping that forecast holds up! Even if not, I'm just excited to get outside again.

Got my first tee time of the year at Ravisloe on Saturday.. Saw 60 & sunny on the forecast this morning and texted some buddies right away. Hoping that forecast holds up! Even if not, I'm just excited to get outside again.
That's awesome! I'm hoping the spots that the doctor removed last week will be healed enough to get out and play this weekend!

The warmer weather is coming for sure!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Courses are opening up Wednesday. I plan to play 9 Thursday before the league meeting and then 18 on Sat and Sunday!

Bushwood is open for walking tomorrow I just may get a round in before Charleston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard Evergreen CC in Elkhorn is opening too. It's happening.
68ed766434c9206c7a811005bd0fa2e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Anyone golfing today? SmartSelect_20190323-091937_GolfNow.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Anyone golfing today? View attachment 38342

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I hit balls yesterday, but didn't play. We did play on Saturday and it was great to get out. It's amazing that courses can get away with charging $45+ for rounds when the conditions are as they are.

I hit balls yesterday, but didn't play. We did play on Saturday and it was great to get out. It's amazing that courses can get away with charging $45+ for rounds when the conditions are as they are.

I was pretty surprised at the rates I saw too. Courses usually have spring rates around here but that pricing is not in effect yet apparently. I am playing Wednesday. Wahoo!!

Going to play in Naperville shortly. 40deg and breezy. Call me crazy? But for $10 to walk 18 I'll give it a go.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Going to play in Naperville shortly. 40deg and breezy. Call me crazy? But for $10 to walk 18 I'll give it a go.

Yeah you are crazy That wind is brutal here. But maybe you can get in 9 for $10.

Yeah you are crazy That wind is brutal here. But maybe you can get in 9 for $10.

Wind seemed to pick up on the back 9. Made it through all 18 ,but the last 6 or so holes were tough.
Just nice to get out and it was my first time in a while walking 18.

FYI. Played Tamarack in Naperville.

Played Ravisloe on Saturday. When we showed up they told us there was about an hour frost delay but we got off only 25-30 min after our scheduled tee time. Conditions were as to be expected. No idea which way the ball would bounce coming off the putter face and you had to absolutely hammer it to get to the hole. Still had a great time, enjoyed the walk outside for the first time in far too long.

Wind seemed to pick up on the back 9. Made it through all 18 ,but the last 6 or so holes were tough.
Just nice to get out and it was my first time in a while walking 18.

FYI. Played Tamarack in Naperville.

That’s a fun track. Had intentions of playing on Saturday but they didn’t pan out. I’m shocked at some rates and also courses that haven’t opened yet. Fox Bend in Oswego has 18 holes for $18 walking and I think $25 to ride.

Anyone interested in this event? I’ve never attended it before. It’s at Riverside Golf Club on June 17. I would love to play here, I was a caddy here before they did the course renovations. Let me know if it’s something you wanna do?

https://childrenscliniciws.org/tee-up-fore-kids-golf-outing

Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Anyone interested in this event? I’ve never attended it before. It’s at Riverside Golf Club on June 17. I would love to play here, I was a caddy here before they did the course renovations. Let me know if it’s something you wanna do?

https://childrenscliniciws.org/tee-up-fore-kids-golf-outing

Sounds nice but it’s on a Monday and Mondays are a workday for me

Just drove past Naperbrook CC and lots of people out there! Dr said about a month till full swings, gonna need to try new stance for less pressure/twisting of knee but I’ll take it.

Just saw Cog Hill has these now, gonna have to get some for sure!
0471db1e15d9408c5d7f6bbcc741b511.jpg

Looks like more courses are starting to open for the season. I played Whisper Creek last week and a few forest preserve courses, all in surprisingly good shape for such a cold spring.

If anyone is interested in a 2 man scramble with big cups. Should be fun! Come on out.
b2b57f0d4fcb19a28cce37b9ea7ebc01.jpg

so ya woke up to this....

6bad97c11b76ed462caa802a4eeb36bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It'll be gone tomorrow!

Any idea what the weather might look like in the first of May? MichiganGripRip and myself are flying into Chicago for the Sweep!

Last edited:
Any idea what the weather might look like in the first of May? MichiganGripRip are flying into Chicago for the Sweep!
Weather will be fine. I'd say mid 60's to mid 70's.

Back