Choose Your Cleveland Setup

What have you played in the past that you liked?
So far, the NV has been the best for me. I have a Tour AD DI-6 that is in my XR, I'm heavily leaning towards the Oban Kiyoshi Black 75 (X) or Project X Black 75 (6.5)

On the wedges, are you a sweeper or digger, and are your normal course conditions soft or firm?
My course is mushy in the spring and rock hard in the summer. I'm more of a digger with my wedges.

What flex do you play?
Most usually X-Flex

I played x100's for a while and I actually preferred the kbs tour 130x. Little more feel for me.

I think the hzrdus black 65 would be fantastic.
I looked at your setup, and obviously I've never seen you play but looking at what's in your bag we're both in the X-Flex range, but you're a far better player. I'll take your word on the KBS Tour 130-X!

12* launcher hb with aldila tour blue 65 s tipped an inch, playing to 44.5"

18* launcher hb with aldila tour blue 75 s straight in 1/4" over standard

22* launcher hb with aldila tour green 85 s

cbx 5-pw nippon modus3 tour 105 s

50* rtx3 cb v-mg nippon modus3 tour 105s
54* rtx3 mb black satin v-fg nippon modus3 115 w
58* rtx3 mb black satin v-fg nippon modus3 115 w

tfi 2135 satin elevado 33.5" iomic black pistol grip

srixon z-star xv white

navy stand bag

lamkin utx red grips on woods and irons with one extra wrap
lamkin utx blue grips on wedges with one extra wrap

would be a helluva fun bag to play out of!

This is always a fun hypothetical. For the guys in the event I bet it's *really* starting to sink in getting to ponder all of these options.

Here's what I think I'd go with...

Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB 9 HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
FW Wood: Launcher HB 15 GD Tour AD BB-7
Hybrid: Launcher HB 19 HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Irons: CBX 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5 1* Up
Wedges: RTX-3 Satin 48MG, 54MG, 60MG Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: HB 8
Golf Ball: Z Star XV
Golf Bag: Black/Blue/White

This is pretty fun to think about. I'll give it a whirl:

Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5 degrees with Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver Tini 60 in Stiff

FW Wood: Launcher HB 15 degrees with Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver Tini 60 in Stiff

Hybrid: Launcher HB 19 degrees with Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 70 in Stiff

Irons: CBX 4-PW with Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 in stiff. Lamkin UTX red grips.

Wedges: RTX-3, Tour Raw finish. 48*, 52* and 56* V-MG with Nippon Pro Modus 3 115 Wedge shafts.

Putter: TFi 2135 Satin Rho and 34 inches. Iomic Midsized blue grip.

Golf Ball: Srixon Z Star

Golf Bag: Cleveland Stand Bag - Navy

It's crazy the amount of aftermarket shafts they have available.

I'm really surprised heavier Recoils weren't an option.

For the guys in the event I bet it's *really* starting to sink in getting to ponder all of these options.
It's starting to, but when April hits it's really going to hit hard! Those first couple of weeks are going to drag on forever...

This is a lot less stressful for non-participants :D

I'd go-

Driver: Launcher HB - 10.5 Kaula Kori 6S
Fairway: Launcher HB 15 & 18, Kaula Mizu 6S
Irons: Launcher HB 4-PW, Recoil 670 R
Wedges: 50 & 56 CBX, 60 RTX-3 Modus 105
Putter: HB # 8 O/S Grip
Grip: Lamkin Z5s Black on irons, Blue on woods, red on wedges

Ball: Z-Star Yellow

Bag: Navy/Red/White

This is a lot less stressful for non-participants :D

Its def a good problem to have lol I was thinking the same thing then I go....dude you get to pick whatever the F you want...shut up lol

Im going to have to do some research on shafts and ect before I make my final call.

On a side note, I was day dreaming coming into work this morning and go.....Hey, maybe I could try the dual driver combo instead of a FW but rules are driver & FW.

wow this is awesome. I'm going to have to think about the setup I would want. One thing I would say to those who are worried about shafts is that the stock Miyazaki shaft in these woods is really good.

wow this is awesome. I'm going to have to think about the setup I would want. One thing I would say to those who are worried about shafts is that the stock Miyazaki shaft in these woods is really good.

I'm sure it is great, but where is the fun in that?

Its def a good problem to have lol I was thinking the same thing then I go....dude you get to pick whatever the F you want...shut up lol

Im going to have to do some research on shafts and ect before I make my final call.

On a side note, I was day dreaming coming into work this morning and go.....Hey, maybe I could try the dual driver combo instead of a FW but rules are driver & FW.

Lol yeah when you put it that way haha it pretty much is a dream scenario

I'm sure it is great, but where is the fun in that?

Finding equipment that works well is pretty fun. If guessing on a more exotic setup that doesn't work well is fun, then man I'm way off. Not telling people what to do, just stating that the Miyazaki stuff they have in there is a high quality shaft, as is the Miyazaki shafts from the Srixon line that are included in the catalog.

Steelfiber is stout at any flex and very much a love it or hate it scenario. Recoils would be a solid choice.

and I'm opposite, I much prefer Steelfiber to Recoils, and didn't find the extra stoutness until I went higher than 95.

If any of the participants live near Cleveland Golf HQ or will be in the area anytime soon, then I’d recommend a fitting session with Ruben. He’ll get you dialed in with the best equipment for your swing. This would be separate from the event but worth the effort if you’re in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go HB Driver (12*), HB FW (18*), HB Hybrids (22*), HB Irons 5-P, CB Wedges (48,54,58), RTX 3 (64*), 2130 Satin Rho Putter, Srixon Q Star Tour. I hope next year they have a 7 or 9 wood option. Too bad a smart sole option wasnt available to the guys going as well.

If any of the participants live near Cleveland Golf HQ or will be in the area anytime soon, then I’d recommend a fitting session with Ruben. He’ll get you dialed in with the best equipment for your swing. This would be separate from the event but worth the effort if you’re in the area.

Ruben is the man

You lucky dogs. This looks so freakin awesome.

Even as non-participant, this was way fun to put together a bag! I’m very envious of all you guys but I guess here’s my setup...

Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5 degrees with HZRDUS Black 75 6.5

FW Wood: Launcher HB 15 degrees with HZRDUS Black 75 6.5

Hybrid: Launcher HB 22 degrees with HZRDUS Black 75 6.5

Irons: CBX Irons with TT Dynamic Gold AMT X100 bent 2* flat

Wedges: RTX-3 with TT DG S400
Finish: Tour Chrome
Lofts: 2dot 50*, 2dot 54*, 1dot 58* and all bent 3* flat

Grips: GP Tour Velvet Midsize

Putter: Huntington Beach Collection #8 35” with O/S CG Grip

Golf Ball: Srixon Golf Ball: Z-Star XV White

Golf Bag: Cleveland Stand Bag All Blacked out!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fun fantasy build. Here’s what I would go with.

Driver:
Launcher HB 9 degree. Diamana whiteboard 70 x-stiff 45”. MCC Midsize Blue grip

FW Wood:
Launcher HB 15 degree Aldila tour Green 75 X-stiff. MCC Midsize Blue grip

Hybrid:
Launcher HB 19 degree - Aldila tour Green 85 X-stiff. MCC Midsize Blue grip

Irons:
CBX 4-PW DG X100 +1/2” 1 deg upright. MCC Midsize Blue grip

Wedges:
48 CBX DG X100 +1/2” 1 deg upright. MCC Midsize Blue grip

52 CBX DG X100 +1/2” 1 deg upright. MCC Midsize Blue grip

56 RTX 3 CB Mid Satin DG X100 +1/2” 1 deg upright. MCC Midsize Blue grip

Putter:
Huntington Beach #2 35”
WinnX 1.18 grip

Golf Ball:
Srixon Z-star XV

Golf Bag:
Cleveland Stand Bag - Navy

When are final submissions due? I'm meeting with a Pro sunday for my first lesson using Trackman, and it might get me a little more insight into what I should pick.

When are final submissions due? I'm meeting with a Pro sunday for my first lesson using Trackman, and it might get me a little more insight into what I should pick.

Next week.

So far, the NV has been the best for me. I have a Tour AD DI-6 that is in my XR, I'm heavily leaning towards the Oban Kiyoshi Black 75 (X) or Project X Black 75 (6.5)

My course is mushy in the spring and rock hard in the summer. I'm more of a digger with my wedges.

Most usually X-Flex

I looked at your setup, and obviously I've never seen you play but looking at what's in your bag we're both in the X-Flex range, but you're a far better player. I'll take your word on the KBS Tour 130-X!
Pay no attention to the hcp dude.. it's been going up every month. They go up alot slower than they go down. Lol

Pay no attention to the hcp dude.. it's been going up every month. They go up alot slower than they go down. Lol

I'd say mine is a parallel climb right beside yours. :laugh: I've had a rough couple of weeks.

In Progress Bag:

Driver
Launcher HB 10.5* (-1")
Shaft: Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 shaft (stiff)

Woods (3 & 5)
Launcher HB (-0.5" each)
Shaft: Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6 (SR)

Irons
CBX 4 - PW (2* flat)
Shaft: UST Mamiya Recoil 780ES (stiff)

Wedges
CBX 50* (2* flat, Bent to 49*)

CBX 54* (2* flat)

RTX-3 Black Satin 64*
Shaft: TT DG Spinner shaft (W+)

Putter
TFI 2135 Satin - Elevado (33" with OS grip)

All grips MCC+4 (STD) in Grey

Ball: Q-Star Tour Pure White
Bag: Navy/Red/White

Last edited:
There are an obscene amount of shaft options in this catalog... wow

Back