Love the flamingo santa!
Haha. Thanks. Wife wanted it left out last year so I said let’s put a Santa hat on it so it’s at least festive lol.

Usually get a tree from Costco. 7-8' and around $60 or so vs over 100 at the tree lots around here. They come out the day after Thanksgiving so will probably grab one after the round that day. Will report back with pics.

Yesterday we put up our first flocked fake Christmas but won’t decorate until after our three children arrive from Minnesota on Tuesday. They feel left out if they don’t decorate the tree which we normally do the day after Thanksgiving. And yes some of the lights don’t work but my wife bought it online so the easiest remedy was to have them issue a 40% refund. I’ll have to add a string of lights to fill in the dark spot.

View attachment 8975061

do y’all need a maid, or security guard or groundskeeper or something? I’ll sleep on the sand if it’s warm enough.

Here's mine. I did this by myself, and the wife did the mantle.tree.jpg

The wife had foot surgery #2 last Monday...I have been Cooking, Cleaning, Dog Wrangler-feeder, grass cutter and Chef Cook and Bottlewasher. So today, I put up the tree, new one this year and I have never put one up before Thanksgiving before, but damn it, its 2020 and my bestest half said it made her feel good....all i needed. Still gotta finish decorating it, but there she is.....30727F98-06C2-4871-9190-C70D3AB3E5EE.jpeg

My sister's birthday is Dec. 12th. We would put the tree up after her birthday, a couple times on the day. I'll never understand why Christmas begins in November for some people... Christmas is a day not a season.
Incorrect.

The wife had foot surgery #2 last Monday...I have been Cooking, Cleaning, Dog Wrangler-feeder, grass cutter and Chef Cook and Bottlewasher. So today, I put up the tree, new one this year and I have never put one up before Thanksgiving before, but damn it, its 2020 and my bestest half said it made her feel good....all i needed. Still gotta finish decorating it, but there she is.....View attachment 8975499
That looks great, brother!

I've held off as long as I can. No doubt we'll be Christmas maxed by next weekend.

Wife is determined to buy a new tree this year as our old one is... faltering. I'm trying to buy time for the sales hahaha #OneMore
Funny story, when we moved into our current home (larger than old home) we wanted a larger tree because our ceiling is much higher. I talked my wife into using the small one for 1 more year so we could get a larger one during after Christmas sales. My wife has a friend that is a total mess with money and debt. In fact we have tried unsuccessfully to help her better manage her money (talking like 6 figure credit card debt type problems). She comes to our house on Thanksgiving weekend with a 9' tree that she bought somewhere. We were thankful and she would not take it back, but we were both like "Who the eff buys someone else a Christmas tree???" Some people you just can't help.

Every year for years i have put up a silver Christmas tree with a rotating wheel color light at my office. Started doing this years ago. I cant tell you how many people over the years have said “ my grandmother had one” or some other memory of someone having one. And then they say they wish they had one and go on the hunt for one. Always nice to know it brings back good memories for people. E0FCD1E1-55FC-41FE-9192-268DE1737F94.jpeg

Not until after turkey day.

Then I've got to put up the 6 trees my wife requires.... living room, den, over the front door, dining room, office, and loft.:rolleyes::oops::D

Yeah. 6 trees. My wife is really into Christmas:ROFLMAO:

Finished decorating my last tree for the season. Got my church tree complete!
12D424A3-0C52-4650-B459-A1B078A17052.jpeg

Back