Mikey D

2024 Bag Boy Championship - Packing Chowdah
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In celebration of everyone's favorite Bag Boy Championship team, tell me which clam chowder chowdah you like best and why it's New England style.

Anyone who picks Manhattan or Long Island isn't getting a sticker.

clam chowder.jpg

1. New England
2. Portuguese

New England or Maine. Manhattan is just tomato soup with clams.

I mean, if California is just New England in a bread bowl, then that's gotta be it, huh? I think the celery trade-off instead of onion is worth the delicious bread bowl.

Californian - cause I like to eat the sour dough bread afterwards (y)

New England ! Because it's think and creamy; love it!

I had no clue there were options
Me neither. Not a lot of clam chowdah options here in Central Texas. Based on the photos I'd go New England, California, Delaware, and Maine.

reminds me of this video.

That's greatness. I mean I love bread but these still seem like an improvement with the right soup/stew/filling in there.

Never knew there were so many types of clam chowdah. Can't imagine eating clam chowder with pork, linguica, etc. I'm ok with bacon and salt pork as it adds a subtle smokeyness.

Any version of New England is acceptable, but I prefer a thicker chowdah as it is chowdah not soup or broth. I have relatives that prefer the opposite. Get the tomatoes the heck out of my chowdah though.

Going to put an edit in here: My in-laws live in Coastal Maine and I have never seen any deviation in their chowdah from standard New England clam chowdah.

Always get the New England chowdah!

There is only 1 correct answer, New England chowdah!
All the others are just imposters..

California because of the sourdough bowl. New England otherwise.

Maine

New England #1
California #2 I’m a sucker for a bread bowl
I have not tried a most of other North Eastern state varieties but most of them look like twists on New England so I’m down to try them.

If your clam chowder contains tomatoes you can go straight to hell.

I didn't know there were ao many different types, so I'll go withbwhat I think is the typical, New England.

Man, I only used to live by New England >>>> Manhattan.

Didn't realize there were so many other varieties. Rhode Island kinda caught my eye.

Man, I only used to live by New England >>>> Manhattan.

Didn't realize there were so many other varieties. Rhode Island kinda caught my eye.
Same. Always the white, never the red haha

New England.

I knew of New England and Manhattan clam chowders but never heard of the rest.

There is a nearby Lobster restaurant that has three kinds of chowder on the menu.
New England, Manhattan, and Rhode Island.
I live next to a bunch of really great food places that aren't that expensive for what you get.

Only had New England in New England.

Like others, didn't know there were different types.

I'm going California just for the sourdough bowl. Grabbing a bowl at Boudin's on the pier is a classic SF experience. It tasted just like the stuff in New England but had the Sourdough bowl which elevated it.

New England. I've heard of Manhattan but had no idea there were other versions.

Back