Cleveland CBX 2 Wedges

Been using Ben Hogan Equalizer wedges, 48*, 52* & 56*. Recently saw that Cleveland released their new CBX 2 wedges. I bought a 56* to try out and compare to the Hogan 56* wedge. 3 round and 9-10 shots with the CBX 2 56* wedge and I ordered the 48* & 52* matching CBX 2 wedges. Hogan wedges are in stand by mode. The CBX 2"s are simply outstanding. Looks, feel, they produce any type shot I want and they're just great overall wedges.

Totally agree with you on this. The CBX 2’s are an outstanding release by Cleveland. They are firmly entrenched in my bag and I have no desire for anything else now.

Did a wedge fitting last night at CC. A 52° will be joining my 56° in the bag. Really hit them well. I get mine Custom with KBS HI-REV 2.0 Regular Flex and GP MCC Plus 4 Midsized Grips.

Did a wedge fitting last night at CC. A 52° will be joining my 56° in the bag. Really hit them well. I get mine Custom with KBS HI-REV 2.0 Regular Flex and GP MCC Plus 4 Midsized Grips.
I have the exact set up with stiff flex. Feels great ?.

$105 at Dicks Sporting Goods today and tomorrow.

CBX 2 wedge and UHX heads seen in a different light. Ready for shafts!

20191128_111653.jpg

I got these out today for a bonus Golf day. They are just so easy to use. I absolutely love these.

Question about the shafts. Are the stock graphite Rotex shafts OK or would I be better off upgrading to the Smacwrap as I play Recoils in my irons?

Question about the shafts. Are the stock graphite Rotex shafts OK or would I be better off upgrading to the Smacwrap as I play Recoils in my irons?
I’ve hit the stock rotex graphite a few times and thought it was fine. Only think in could see is if you really full swing them a lot, then maybe making that move for continuity from your set.

I’ve hit the stock rotex graphite a few times and thought it was fine. Only think in could see is if you really full swing them a lot, then maybe making that move for continuity from your set.

Thank you mate. I do like laying up around 120, so the wedges would get full swings. I'm a bit of a tight arse, but the extra $30 a club would be money well spent.

Thank you mate. I do like laying up around 120, so the wedges would get full swings. I'm a bit of a tight arse, but the extra $30 a club would be money well spent.
30 bucks for personal peace of mind isn’t all that much when you think about it from that perspective, ya know?

I ended up in a few green side bunkers in today’s round. The 60 just does not fail me. I had a beautiful bunker shot sunk for the birdie on a par 3!!

Anyone buy the 60 or 56 and have them adjusted 2* strong to 58 and 54? Would reduce the bounce by 2* and might quell some fears regarding the high bounce?

The 56 & 60 are also easier to find used.

I am still loving my 54/60! I have spent a lot of time with them learning what they will do for me. These wedges changed my chipping and pitching and give me much more consistent results. I wonder if I should left the set GW off and added another CBX2.

Anyone buy the 60 or 56 and have them adjusted 2* strong to 58 and 54? Would reduce the bounce by 2* and might quell some fears regarding the high bounce?

The 56 & 60 are also easier to find used.

I still think I'm going to strengthen my 50 a degree or two. I hit some damn darts with it but it's shorter than what I would expect and hard to make consistent great contact on full swings for me to this point.

I am still loving my 54/60! I have spent a lot of time with them learning what they will do for me. These wedges changed my chipping and pitching and give me much more consistent results. I wonder if I should left the set GW off and added another CBX2.
I am glad I got the 50 instead of a set GW, just feels more consistent.

I am glad I got the 50 instead of a set GW, just feels more consistent.

I don’t hate my GW but the CBX2 is just so good it might of made sense to get three of them.

When I switched over to the original CBXs it was done in large part to ditch my set GW. I went all in CBX at GW, SW, & LW. I'll do the same when I upgrade to the CBX2 later this winter.

Been working on my short game at the dome with these wedges and I’ve really happy with the results I’ve been seeing. Really liking the 52°.

These do blend with the UHX irons very well.

I don’t hate my GW but the CBX2 is just so good it might of made sense to get three of them.
I've been pondering this as well. Though in my case I'm not sure it would be worth it. I only use my set GW for full swings and the ball is always close to the pitch mark. On the other hand league is just starting... :unsure:

Finally caved as I had some eBay bucks burning a hole in my account and some Nippon NS Pro Modus3 105 Wedge shafts in the basement.

Picked up a 54 and 58 CBX 2.

How is adjusting lie angle on these? I play to 62* lie angle so should be 2* Flat from standard.

I still think I'm going to strengthen my 50 a degree or two. I hit some damn darts with it but it's shorter than what I would expect and hard to make consistent great contact on full swings for me to this point.

I think I'm going top pull the trigger and strengthen it a bit. It just goes sooo high right now. It's not gapping out more than 5 to 8 yards farther than my 56.

these are just stupid good. 52 is now in the bag.

Just received an email from Cleveland which looks like a new wedge - 56 / 10 to be anounced tomorrow, but only has CBX written on it. Wonder what this could be?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 23
Just received an email from Cleveland which looks like a new wedge - 56 / 10 to be anounced tomorrow, but only has CBX written on it. Wonder what this could be?

Custom stamping, colors, etc that you can select, I am guessing.

Back