Cleveland CBX 2 Wedges

Going to pick up a 48deg to go with the the UHX set PW which is 44.

Question is wedge gapping after that... hmm..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love these wedges more and more every time out. I stuck 3 partial wedges pin high within 7 feet from 40-75 yards today. They just absolutely stick and inspire a ton of confidence. I have the 50* and 54*. Full shots with the 50* are quickly becoming my favorite shot. It is SO consistent. They have truly transformed my short game.

Continue to have good results with the 54°. But with the 58° out of the rough I seem to go right under the ball. Right now the rough is dry fluffy dormant grass. So I don't know if that is part of it. I don't have that problem off of the tight fairway grass. The 58° out of the bunkers however is fantastic.

I actually played a course this week that has bright white, dry, fluffy sand in all the bunkers (really rare around here). Hit my 56* CBX2 out of one of them, worked perfectly! Also had some full shots and chips with the 50*, works so well, and I was a bit concerned, as it is replacing a club that I have relied heavily on for several years. So far I couldn't be happier with the CBX2 wedges.

I'm currently trying to replace my old Vokey's and seeing everyone talk about the CBX2's and their forgiveness I decided to make the leap and purchase a 58* from a THP member. I tried to use it as much as possible and maybe it was because I was using it incorrectly but I ddin't really love it. Hoping a few more rounds will change my mind and get me to fill the other slots in my wedge game but as of right now I don't seem to really feel the forgiveness factor.

Did some paint filling on the CBX's.

IMG_1227.jpg

Finished the ferrule, shaft & grip updates. CBX2 next to matching UHX. Come on, lets open courses Please!

Attachments

• 20200404_091028.jpg
    20200404_091028.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200404_091054.jpg
    20200404_091054.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200404_091722.jpg
    20200404_091722.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 35
Glad I bought the cbx 2 wedge loved the first one didn’t know about the second one but love it more I have the 54 I decided last fall to take out the lob wedge didn’t use it much anyway and just use 54 and so far I can do everything I need To with the 54 low or high shots but If still if it’s real bad lie or dirt lie I use the GAp wedge just more comfortable not that the 54 couldn’t I just feel safer that way thanks

I've gotten a lot more time in with my CBX2 wedges, 50* and 55*. Both are great on full swings, both longer than my old RTX 2.0 50 * and 56*, but really consistent and accurate. I'm still getting the feel for chipping with them, with the old wedges I used the 50* almost exclusively, but the CBX2 50* produces a bit higher, softer landing shot, unlike the bump and run that was my go to with the old 50*, even with the same setup and technique (likely somewhat due to the considerably wider sole?). Because of this I am using the 55* more around the greens than ever before, getting to be a pretty even split between the two, so maybe when I can get out for more short game practice I'll get them figured out.

Easily the wedges more golfers SHOULD be playing. If I could put them into the bags of all my young golfers, I would.

I really need to get a 56 CBX2.

I'll add in the 2 rounds I've been able to play these CBX2 they are the correct wedges for me, no question.
If I don't blade it, I can put the ball in the close with a chance is a 1 putt.
Really happy with them.

I'll add in the 2 rounds I've been able to play these CBX2 they are the correct wedges for me, no question.
If I don't blade it, I can put the ball in the close with a chance is a 1 putt.
Really happy with them.
And contrary to initial beliefs of many, they SPIN.

Easily the wedges more golfers SHOULD be playing. If I could put them into the bags of all my young golfers, I would.
Zero bites trying to sell mine though

Did some skimming and couldn't find the info I was looking for. So, who makes the Rotax wedge shaft, and for those who have it, opinions! I usually custom spec the i95 Aerotech, but also looking to save a few bucks if I can. I know the compatibly between the two is great, but just being curious.

These are awesome. After two rounds and a 4-5 chipping and range sessions I would recommend these to everyone.

These wedges and the Full Face may be the best wedges I have EVER bagged.
Never been so "Automatic"
My Up & Down make percentages are up already after only 1 month of play over last year.
100 yards and in, I'm just so confident
Couldn't recommend them enough

I currently have a 58* CBX2 that I think is fine. I have heard that the Full Face is more versatile in the higher lofts. I currently have the opportunity to pick up a FF 60* for $100 and I'm wondering if I should. I struggle with my wedge game around the green. Should I pick up the full face in hopes that it helps me around the green and try to trade or sell my CBX2 58* and pick up a CBX2 in a 52*?

I currently have a 58* CBX2 that I think is fine. I have heard that the Full Face is more versatile in the higher lofts. I currently have the opportunity to pick up a FF 60* for $100 and I'm wondering if I should. I struggle with my wedge game around the green. Should I pick up the full face in hopes that it helps me around the green and try to trade or sell my CBX2 58* and pick up a CBX2 in a 52*?

i was not crazy about the FullFace for full swings and it was a bit bulky for touch or finesse type shots.

Had 54/58 CBX2 but got sucked in by the Full Face and the S grind on the 54 did not work for what I used the wedge primarily for (full swings and chipping). Was great off the mats when the courses were still closed but different story on the course.

I am really liking my 52 bent to 53 as a full swing/chipping club. I wanted the V-Sole rather than the S grind based on what I wanted to use it for. My Wedge is 48 and LW 58 so the 53 fits in well for how I use it.

Have to give it a few more rounds before I keep it in the bag over the Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 SS.

Market for the CBX2 is not great for used wedges. I took a beating on my CBX2 54/58 that I had previously. Ended up pulling the shafts on the 54/58 and selling them as heads only for $102.95 - 10% eBay + 3% PayPal fees + shipping so about $80 for the pair.

Everyone wants Vokey’s even if the CBX2 would be a better wedge for their game.

Last edited:
I have like new (6 rounds) CBX 52/56/60 will ship to OK for $150 if you got a player needing them!

Back