Cleveland CBX Wedges

12 bounce on the 56 I believe

Squared up pitch open face flop full shots 3/4 shots 1/2 shots chips good variety of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks quite good. Id love to try one as i use both my md3's for full and part shots. Cleveland done a great job in keeping that step hidden at address.

The 50* is in my bag for a round this coming weekend with ddec for some content filming in CA.
I am sure this thread will be getting a lot of action next week at the THP Event as participants get a full bag of new gear including these wedges.

Thinking ahead but the 50* is going to be a targeted club for my reviews. Current gap wedge is a 50 degree cavity back club. Perfect setup for head-to-head testing.

Yeah, I stared thinking about that exact thing over the weekend. I got in my first 2 rounds with my Big Bertha OS irons and I love the AW for it so far because it was very consistent and forgiving. I started thinking about just adding on the matching SW that Callaway makes but was wondering what I would give up if I did. The Rotex face is the answer. On top of it, the announcement of this wedge today seems to have pretty much answered my questions and gave me a solution.

I think the only remaining question is if I get the same Recoil 760 shaft to match or just get the stock rotex graphite shaft that Cleveland offers that is actually made by UST Mamiya.

I play the BB OS irons. The SW is very forgiving like the rest of the set; good spin, accurate, great distance. It will not be as versatile as the CBX. I don't need the SW for even the sand as I have a 58 and 64 degree Sure Out. The sure outs are fabulous around the greens and from the sand and are good full shot wedges. I would , however, replace the 58 with a 56 CBX if they turn out to be as easy to use. If Callaway made a 54 or 56 Sure Out, I would buy it. By the way, the stock Rotex graphite is a good shaft, but no stock graphite shaft will equal a recoil. I would go with the Rotex.

I play the BB OS irons. The SW is very forgiving like the rest of the set; good spin, accurate, great distance. It will not be as versatile as the CBX. I don't need the SW for even the sand as I have a 58 and 64 degree Sure Out. The sure outs are fabulous around the greens and from the sand and are good full shot wedges. I would , however, replace the 58 with a 56 CBX if they turn out to be as easy to use. If Callaway made a 54 or 56 Sure Out, I would buy it. By the way, the stock Rotex graphite is a good shaft, but no stock graphite shaft will equal a recoil. I would go with the Rotex.

I have the stock rotex in my current RTX 3. I don't use my 54 much for full shots so a 54 CBX would probably be better with the wedge shaft versus the recoil in my AW that I do tend to use more often for full shots inside around 80 yards or so. I'm more likely to just use half swing on my AW from shorter distances. I definitely have a huge forgiveness change between my AW and the previous 50* RTX 3.

Finally get around to looking at the pictures a little closer,

Man from the top down view, I have a hard time telling the difference between the RTX3 vs the CBX.

Love the stout look of the wedges when looking at the backside, they just scream forgiveness.
Top down? Just a sexy wedge.

Really looking forward to see how these perform. Hopefully the Shootout guys can throw a ton of feedback in here..... assuming the CBX will be part of the bag setups.

Finally get around to looking at the pictures a little closer,

Man from the top down view, I have a hard time telling the difference between the RTX3 vs the CBX.

Love the stout look of the wedges when looking at the backside, they just scream forgiveness.
Top down? Just a sexy wedge.

Really looking forward to see how these perform. Hopefully the Shootout guys can throw a ton of feedback in here..... assuming the CBX will be part of the bag setups.

I will put them to the test Brad, they do look amazing much like the RTX 3 from the top

Thinking ahead but the 50* is going to be a targeted club for my reviews. Current gap wedge is a 50 degree cavity back club. Perfect setup for head-to-head testing.

Out of the three lofts I selected my 50 & 58 will get the most use. 50 & 54 are full swing clubs and the 58 is usually a 3/4 swing and below. I am very curious to see how these wedges stack up in forgiveness, launch and distance.

They look really clean. I typically play blade wedges but I'd love to test these out for sure whenever I can find a fitting near me

Jealous at all the people who already have these in their bags. The rest of us need to wait until what ... September? In the meantime I'll have to live vicariously through the rest of you.

How do these play out of bunkers? Any problem getting them sufficiently open to make that work?

I would've so waited for this in the 50

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Really looking forward to thoughts on a the 50 degree or even 46/48. I'm more likely to take full shots with those and this club sounds like the exact thing I need to fill that gap in my bag. The feel balancing technology and V-sole are game changers in my currently RTX3's....I can only imagine what the CBX tech could add as well.

I admittedly haven't paid much attention to the RTX-3 (other than knowing people swear by them). I had just moved to the W/S PMP's and they were working pretty well, so my eye didn't stray. Guess Cleveland just hit the right chord with their promotions of this wedge that it caught my eye enough to pique my interest. They've about done sold me on this wedge. May very likely pre-order when they open it up.

I think these wedges would be the cat's Jammie's in your bag. They would flow well with the 200s

Cleveland CBX Wedges

I hit this next to the set A wedges in both the 565 and 765 irons and forgiveness and performance improvement was there for my #internetgolfer swing - i would do 46/50/54/58 and it would be GLORIOUS go 6-9 in go 6/7 565 and 8/9 765

Well, what are you waiting for?

These could definitely turn me full #internet golfer with a four wedge setup. I might slot some V6 in the iron section, but the Srixons are definitely a solid option.

I hit this next to the set A wedges in both the 565 and 765 irons and forgiveness and performance improvement was there for my #internetgolfer swing - i would do 46/50/54/58 and it would be GLORIOUS go 6-9 in go 6/7 565 and 8/9 765

The fact that you liked these from a performance standpoint more than the 545 wedge has me really intrigued - 765 doesn't really surprise me because if I recall that's just a blade. I've been using the CF16 AW as more of a true "wedge" as of late around the green and the added versatility of these would be really nice while keeping the forgiveness on full swings.

Heck, I full swing my 54 enough where it probably makes sense to look at something like this in that spot too.

Been looking at the video posted via YouTube, this wedge may be the club I have been looking for. Checks all the boxes I am looking for in a wedge wrapped up in a stylish user friendly design. Really excited to get this one the course and see what happens.

I'm genuinely surprised with how much I like these.

I know you said you had the 50* in the bag, but have you tried the higher lofted wedges as well? The more I read about these, the more I'm intrigued. Especially since I'm almost always playing my wedge shots with a straight face.

I know you said you had the 50* in the bag, but have you tried the higher lofted wedges as well? The more I read about these, the more I'm intrigued. Especially since I'm almost always playing my wedge shots with a straight face.

The 52 is in play today for dean and I and I have tried the 56 as well.

The 52 is in play today for dean and I and I have tried the 56 as well.

Based on some of the feedback I'm reading, I'm almost certain I'll have one of these as a gap wedge at some point and I'll make sure to pepper ddec with questions next time we play. I really like how Cleveland has built an entire line of wedges for all types of players. Has to be the most complete line in terms of short game out there right now.

I'm thinking you're right.

I'm thinking a 54* will be in my bag very soon

Hmmm I love my 54 RTX 3CB for full swings and around the green, but my 48 has never felt totally right. Maybe one of these for a gap. awesome stuff from Cleveland

Well, what are you waiting for?

These could definitely turn me full #internet golfer with a four wedge setup. I might slot some V6 in the iron section, but the Srixons are definitely a solid option.

Haha well my 82 in the first day or the club championship and my j15 50 is the best club in my bag - these are fantastic didn't say they were better than that one

The fact that you liked these from a performance standpoint more than the 545 wedge has me really intrigued - 765 doesn't really surprise me because if I recall that's just a blade. I've been using the CF16 AW as more of a true "wedge" as of late around the green and the added versatility of these would be really nice while keeping the forgiveness on full swings.

Heck, I full swing my 54 enough where it probably makes sense to look at something like this in that spot too.

The look at address is fine - but it's the forgiveness and performance of these that really make them shine.

Why surprised?

Back