Cleveland Classic Driver anybody?

6foot9_41

Reaction score
Handicap
Well, my R1 is not behaving nicely (obviously it is the arrow and not the Indian) so I looked in the corner and saw my Cleveland Classic and decided to put it into play for a while. When I first started hanging out at THP it was THE driver. Anybody still playing theirs? From what I remember at least half of you had one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Classic 270. It was my first club/Driver I bought after my starter club set. I like the 270 a lot as it's the lightest in the PGA Tour according to 2013 specs with the shaft but I'm more consistent with my Covert with hitting the ball straight. I bought my Cleveland for $39. Love the Vintage look of it and the sound is nice as well when the ball is hit. The club takes time getting used to since it's so light weight but when you hit the ball good with it then sayonara! Glad I bought the club. It's one I'll always go back to. Here's the 290 but it's identical to the 270.

Loved the OG Classic. I bring it out every now and then.

I alternate this and a TL 310. Both are very similar to me so I'm not sure why I don't stick to just one of them. Wait, I love the Classic so much I don't want to scuff it (OCD?). Plus this was the first club I re-shafted by myself so it's "special" to me. Mating it to an Indigo 61s was the best thing I ever did.

My classic 310 has earned it's place in my bag many times. I am needing a higher launching combo than my classic / Kusala Black combo, but I still haven't found a more consistent driver.

Absolutely loved my Classic 290, and it has seemed to have treated quite a few THPers well.

Still have 2 (a 10.5* and a 12*) that I will probably bust out again.

Thinking about reshafting the 10.5* with something low launching to have as a wind driver next time I go to Bandon Dunes or something similar, but not sure.

I still have my 310 and 290 and I put them in the bag every now and then. The 290 would be need to be reshafted.

It's funny this came up. I was rooting around in my bag full of extra clubs and parts and re-found my 290. I actually hit it pretty well...why did I change out? Oh, because that's what we do here at THP.

I should at least take it to the range.

Love it. I bought a 270 great looking clubs and works really well. I then bought the Classic XL custom, love that one too. Easily the longest drivers I own. I love the deep face, I love the forgiveness, and the balance is also great.

Have been gaming my 290 10.5 degree with Kusala White for the last 3 weeks and hitting it pretty well. If the Classic Custom XL does not do the job this coming weekend, the 290 will be back in and probably for a good while.

I have the 290 and still play it. If it's not BROKE don't FIX it!!!

I've not pulled out my 290 for a while. It is probably my favorite sounding driver I've ever owned.

I have a fitting tomorrow and I currently have three heads I like a 290, an Amp Cell and a custom Classic XL. I think with a beefier shaft than the ckua in stiff it may win. I love the feel but I just can't get the head to square up consistently.

290 is one of the drivers I wish I had never sold. Such a cool looking club and a bomber. May grab another one for nostalgia's sake down the road.

I switched to the classic custom this year (with a black tie shaft) and I love it.

Great bang for the buck, especially with the upgraded shafts.

Back