Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo driver

I hit this driver several times and was planning on putting it into play next season. Unfortunately, I’m shut down for the winter so I have no feedback as to how it plays.

I got the 10.5* with the Miyasaki C.Kua 5R shaft. I tested it against my M6 that I played all year and the SS, ball speed and forgiveness were all better. I really liked the M6, but with the improved numbers and the incredible feel from the shaft it was trade in time. I have played 2 rounds with it and I couldn't be happier. It is loud but, I've heard louder and after a big drive you don't notice it. It reminds me of the Launcher 400 from years ago. IMHO one of the best drivers ever.

Last edited:
Hit this driver today. Really saw some good numbers and I like the sound. Comparing today to TM's OO, the Mizuno ST190 and the Epic plash I had the best distance and dispersion with the Launcher Turbo. I have a couple of questions though I'm hoping I can get some advice on. The shaft is long! Can you cut down a counterbalanced shaft and still have the club play the way one would expect? I realize for swing weight you have to add to the clubhead when cutting a shaft, but does this type of shaft complicate things further? Finally, I have a fitting booked at TXG at the end of February. I really want to consider this club but I'm wondering if fitters nowadays do much of anything with bonded clubs? Should I save the fitting costs ($115 Can) and put that toward the purchase? Opinions are welcomed. I've never had a driver fitting before:)

I am really digging this thing.
I need to hot melt it to kill off some of the sound, but it is a very good option.

I am really digging this thing.
I need to hot melt it to kill off some of the sound, but it is a very good option.

prices seem to be dropping in them...which is good for me ;)

Just ordered a 9* for $289. Very happy with that purchase price. Looking forward to giving it a whirl!

Last edited:
I have one on the way, cant wait for it to get here!

Callaway Rogue Atmos red 6s shaft
Callaway Rogue 5w Even Flow blue 75 reg flex shaft
Ping G400 7 wood Tensei orange 50g reg flex shaft
Ping G410 2 hybrid UST Recoil F3 shaft
Ping G400 4 Crossover Alta CB Reg flex shaft
Ping G700 Red dot 5-UW Recoil Smacwrap 780 F3 shafts
Ping G700 Red dot GW,SW Recoil Smacwrap 780 F3 shafts
Ping Glide 2.0 Red dot 58* LW Steelfiber i95 reg flex shaft
Odyssey Works Versa 7H CS Putter

My fitting today...Launcher Turbo was the big and pleasant surprise:)

Well, I had the pleasure of having a driver fitting at TXG in Toronto this morning. I got to work with a young man named Cam that has been there for the last 3 years.
He played golf at the university level down in the states and played some mini-tour events. Safe to say his level of game is solid, to say the least.
After warming up with an iron he had me hit my own driver which was a Callaway Fusion. Because I flew in on business I only had the head and thus had to use an Accra shaft that he suggested rather than my own. After trying a 4 or 5 of shafts we realized we were seeing the best results from a Mitsubishi C6 Blue shaft in stiff.
We then started trying different heads. I wanted to try the new Cobra models and had the best results with the Xtreme version in 10.5*. My spin was low 2000's with 12* launch and seeing low 240's in terms of yards. My swing speed is low 90's (ugh!) but I was happy with those numbers and saw a jump of about 15 yards over the fusion. The dispersion was about the same.
Then I'm glad to say he had me try the new Cleveland Launcher Turbo. It is loud! Bordering on obnoxious, but holy smokes does it work for me:)
The standard shaft at 10.5* and I was seeing an even tighter dispersion and drives hitting the 250's. I NEVER hit the ball that far!
No hard sell from Cam. He was there to get me the best possible numbers and he was perfectly fine with the "off the rack" driver being the best fit.
I'll be ordering a new Cleveland and will definitely return to TXG someday for further fitting. The kicker is he charged me a retrofit fee which was only 56$ after spending an hour with him. My hope is that TXG eventually opens a studio in Montreal as we have nothing in comparison to their selection and professionalism. Just and Outstanding experience and I highly recommend them to all:)
Thanks, TXG, Cam and soon Cleveland!

My fitting today...Launcher Turbo was the big and pleasant surprise:)

Well, I had the pleasure of having a driver fitting at TXG in Toronto this morning. I got to work with a young man named Cam that has been there for the last 3 years.
He played golf at the university level down in the states and played some mini-tour events. Safe to say his level of game is solid, to say the least.
After warming up with an iron he had me hit my own driver which was a Callaway Fusion. Because I flew in on business I only had the head and thus had to use an Accra shaft that he suggested rather than my own. After trying a 4 or 5 of shafts we realized we were seeing the best results from a Mitsubishi C6 Blue shaft in stiff.
We then started trying different heads. I wanted to try the new Cobra models and had the best results with the Xtreme version in 10.5*. My spin was low 2000's with 12* launch and seeing low 240's in terms of yards. My swing speed is low 90's (ugh!) but I was happy with those numbers and saw a jump of about 15 yards over the fusion. The dispersion was about the same.
Then I'm glad to say he had me try the new Cleveland Launcher Turbo. It is loud! Bordering on obnoxious, but holy smokes does it work for me:)
The standard shaft at 10.5* and I was seeing an even tighter dispersion and drives hitting the 250's. I NEVER hit the ball that far!
No hard sell from Cam. He was there to get me the best possible numbers and he was perfectly fine with the "off the rack" driver being the best fit.
I'll be ordering a new Cleveland and will definitely return to TXG someday for further fitting. The kicker is he charged me a retrofit fee which was only 56$ after spending an hour with him. My hope is that TXG eventually opens a studio in Montreal as we have nothing in comparison to their selection and professionalism. Just and Outstanding experience and I highly recommend them to all:)
Thanks, TXG, Cam and soon Cleveland!

Glad you found a driver that works for you.

I hit about 30-40 balls in my backyard with this thing when I got home from work this afternoon. My neighbor has a field and a wooded area behind that so I hit balls to the wooded area and occasionally go pick them up and do it again. Im working hard to change swing pattern, I mostly swing outside in so this evening I slowed my swing down to try to work on this. Im amazed that even with a slower swing speed this thing was still sending it!!! The Miyazaki shaft is great! I cant wait to see what it can make happen on the course tomorrow.

Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 Draw Miyazaki C.kua 50 shaft
Callaway Epic Flash 5w Even Flow green 65 reg flex shaft
Ping G410 2,4-6 hybrid UST Recoil F3 shaft
Ping G710 Red dot 7-UW Recoil Smacwrap 780 F4shafts + .25”
Ping G700 Red dot GW,SW Recoil Smacwrap 780 F3 shafts
Ping Glide 3.0 Red dot 54 & 60 wedges Recoil Smacwrap 780 f4 shafts

I gave it a shot (driving range) and it just wasn’t for me unfortunately. The sound was not obnoxious but it didn’t wow me on distance, forgiveness or anything else. I think it could be a good driver for others and I can honestly say I didn’t give it enough of a trial.

Last edited:
Loooooving mine! I bought the Reg flex Miyazaki shaft but I feel that its a little whippy for a reg flex, I would almost classify it somewhere between SR and Reg. That whip has really helped me though. Ive had some great drives with it so far.

Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 Draw Miyazaki C.kua 50 reg shaft
Callaway Mavrik Max 5w Helium Black reg flex shaft
Ping G410 2,4, & 5 hybrid UST Recoil F3 shaft
Ping G410 6 hybrid Steelfiber reg shaft
Ping G710 Red dot 7-UW Steelfiber i80 reg shafts
Ping Glide 3.0 Red dot 54 & 60 wedges Steelfiber i95 reg shafts

Well after a fitting in February I was determined to pick up this driver. So bought it and had it shipped from Cleveland to my brothers-in-law in New Hampshire. Then COVID19 hit and the borders shut down. Meaning our annual April golf trip was out of the question. Asked him to put it in the mail and he did so March 27th. Still no package! No scans beyond the local post office. They are investigating but I'm not holding out much hope. Sucks big time!

Well after a fitting in February I was determined to pick up this driver. So bought it and had it shipped from Cleveland to my brothers-in-law in New Hampshire. Then COVID19 hit and the borders shut down. Meaning our annual April golf trip was out of the question. Asked him to put it in the mail and he did so March 27th. Still no package! No scans beyond the local post office. They are investigating but I'm not holding out much hope. Sucks big time!
Oh no Payton. Hope you get some news

Well, today I am over the moon! After 7 WEEKS my Launcher Turbo Driver was waiting for me on my porch when I got home! I was certain I was never going to see this thing and the postal service was a little less than helpful. That said, the job got done and given the crisis we are all living with I need to tip my cap to them. There was a little wear on the top turbulators towards the back that I assume is the result of being bounced around for 7 weeks. I always did wonder why factories don't simply put the headcover on before shipping? Not a big deal, a quick touch up with a sharpie and I'm good! Hit five balls into a field and they were all straight and OUT there! This is the driver that I had the best results/numbers with after trying multiple head and shaft combinations at a TXG driver fitting.
Golf opens tomorrow here in Quebec so the timing was PERFECT in retrospect;-)

Attachments

• IMG_4993.JPG
    IMG_4993.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 61161221070__E3595DAA-79CC-4E7C-9CB2-F26390AB9C83.JPG
    61161221070__E3595DAA-79CC-4E7C-9CB2-F26390AB9C83.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 11
Back