Cleveland Launcher XL Drivers Preview

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Cleveland Golf resurrected the Launcher name back in 2017 when they released the Launcher HB. Two years later, it underwent a significant facelift with the Launcher HB Turbo. If you happen to be a golf fanatic who follows the release trends within the industry, there will be little surprise when reading the following sentence. Today Cleveland Golf ushers in not just one but three new models of the Launcher XL driver: Launcher XL, Launcher XL Lite, and Launcher XL Draw.

Cleveland-Launcher-XL-Drivers-1.jpg

During its review period, the Launcher HB Turbo driver tested out to be a sneaky good driver for both...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Way better looking than the last…

• Staff
Way better looking than the last…

Better looking, better sounding, adjustable (XL). It's not only those three things, but all of those are big enough improvements

These look interesting. I may take a shot with one of these.

Very cool, motivates me to go to the next Cleveland demo day. Could the the XL irons (Turbos?) be far behind?

Some good things to like with this new driver. With the tech, the adjustability, and the price, it’s something to consider.

Better looking, better sounding, adjustable (XL). It's not only those three things, but all of those are big enough improvements
I agree on all fronts. The sound is 100% improved and it was very forgiving high on the face which is one of my misses.

It looks very nice. Not sure it would unseat my RADspeed but I’ll give it a swing this fall for sure.

Constant improvement in this line. I had HB that I didn't get along with but it hitting long bombs in BIL bag

I know that's not the first thing that has that clean looking top but from my screen it looks like a very nice clean and sort of matte black finish. That look is very nice, combine that with forgiveness and misses from the top that jb said, this may very well be the new driver I need to check out.

I have always had a soft spot for Cleveland metal woods and these look and sound like they don't disappoint. The "Accuracy Build" sounds interesting.

I like their wedges but would probably go to their sister brand (Srixon) for other categories.

So when Cleveland first came out with the Launcher Harold Henning was playing it. About 1991/92...The head was one of the first all composite heads and was quite light with a lead weight imbedded in the middle of bottom...I picked one up and loved it for a short while but that weight broke loose and on we went to something else...Then I brake my left wrist March 1993 with a severe smiths fracture and have surgery to repair and implant a steel plate...For a year I played golf with just one arm...I took that Launcher and removed that weight and club was swing weighted at B7.....And I could mash that thing about as far as I currently hit a driver...Ha

Awesome! Launcher XL was one of the first drivers I bought when I started playing golf, and I used to love that club.

Can't wait to give these a shot.

I love when brands come out with good looking clubs at an attractive price point. Definitely a club to hit next time I get a chance.

Love the look of this! Rebound Frame in a Cleveland Launcher driver sounds awesome! I would definitely play the accuracy length.

Really digging the looks, and great job on the review!

Love the look of this! Rebound Frame in a Cleveland Launcher driver sounds awesome! I would definitely play the accuracy length.
I think I’m going to give it a try like that as well. I’m a fan of the Cypher shaft in general.

If I could SW it properly, I'd be curious about giving it a go with accuracy length as well. While I did hit some really good drives with it at std length, things did get a bit wonky for a bit too. But that's just me with long drivers, it can be good or it gets me all out of sorts.

If only the B21 wasn't the greatest driver ever for me, I would be very interested in this new offering from Cleveland.

Love the "accuracy length" option. I have been rolling with a shorter length in my driver for a little bit now and have found a bit of success hitting more fairways, so I'm a big fan of that add-in.

Good info @ddec . Lot of cool stuff with these, and looks really nice now. I know a coke guys that will definitely be looking forward to these.

They look sweet. Would love to try them one day.

687584AD-2E5D-4839-89F2-89704D042353.jpeg
F897889C-9C12-4141-9B5D-25623DB73F84.jpeg
EF58F521-FBD8-44AC-8938-B3C86BE52E37.jpeg

I’m becoming a big Cleveland/Srixon fan. I’m currently playing Launcher UHX irons, an HB soft putter, and a Z785 driver. I’ll definitely have to check these out when they’re released. I’ll be interested to see if the regular XL or the draw model works better for me. I definitely need the anti-right assistance, but the lighter shaft on the draw model may not be a fit. I can’t wait to find out!

Back