Cleveland RTX-4 Wedges

I have finally found a 58* wedge that brings back all the confidence I need in that club. The low grind on it is perfect, and I hit some incredible chips and pitches today with one bumping right off the flag but unfortunately not dropping. The satin finish is so so so good too. Loving these so far

I have finally found a 58* wedge that brings back all the confidence I need in that club. The low grind on it is perfect, and I hit some incredible chips and pitches today with one bumping right off the flag but unfortunately not dropping. The satin finish is so so so good too. Loving these so far
The 58 is really good!

I set out on a mission today to source a pair of Recoil Wedge Proto Stiff shafts (or 125 proto F5s) but was unable to because they are on backorder. After a weekend of striking the ball well with these wedges, I think a set of recoil shafts will give me a bit more feel on partial swing shots, which will make the RTX-4 perfect for me. I am also hoping to pick up about 10 yards on my 52 and 56 with a graphite shaft just to try to close some gapping issues I have.

I just put some Midsize Lamkin Sonar grips on these wedges and boy oh boy has it helped. I feel so much more comfortable on full wedge shots and still have enough feel for confident less than full swings. I am averaging about 85 yards with the 52* and about 65 yards with the 56* on full, comfortable shots. Ball spin has been great with just about any ball I have played the last few months.

Budget Golf has an unbelievable deal on all of the RTX-4 Wedges right now. All are sub $100. These have been great wedges for me, and by far the easiest to launch of all the wedges I have played. If I was getting a new set (thinking about those Black Satin after seeing @GraniteRoost's next to his Black PTx Pros), I would get these wedges again.

Budget Golf - Cleveland RTX-4 Wedges

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread! It contributed to me picking up a 48* mid RTX 4 in satin finish. My PW is 45 and the next wedge up is a 52. So hoping this helps my 110-125 distance club on full shots. But also intend to use on chip and runs around the green too. So excited to get this out. It comes tomorrow, but my winter won’t end until early April! Arrgghh

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread! It contributed to me picking up a 48* mid RTX 4 in satin finish. My PW is 45 and the next wedge up is a 52. So hoping this helps my 110-125 distance club on full shots. But also intend to use on chip and runs around the green too. So excited to get this out. It comes tomorrow, but my winter won’t end until early April! Arrgghh

just wait until you hit some of those spinners into the green in April! Youre really gonna enjoy them!

When I first looked at Cleveland wedges, they made three lines, the very popular 588, the 485, and the 691.

I loved the Model 691 58º. The RTX-4 58-03 wedge looks nothing like it, even in general overall shape, but for me, it plays just like my old 691.
As a finesse wedge, it just feels better to me than does the Vokey SM7 L-grind. Can't really describe feel in words, though, and I know that many players swear by Vokeys so they must be very good as well.

If I can't hone in the distance with the cbx2 over the next few weeks, this guy might be on deck.

If I can't hone in the distance with the cbx2 over the next few weeks, this guy might be on deck.
You certainly wouldn't be disappointed

just wait until you hit some of those spinners into the green in April! Youre really gonna enjoy them!
It's a long wait, but one I am willing to wait for if I can pull off those spinners my friend. Appreciate the feedback!!

At the recommendation of my golf coach, I picked up a 60* RTX-4 Mid grind in tour raw finish today. I have been working on my short game quite a bit, and finally feel comfortable enough to toss such a high lofted club in the bag for a few rounds. I remain impressed by the spin these wedges generate, and after a season of use, they still create a ton of spin. I have had more than a few balls check up and come back on some well struck shots.

At the recommendation of my golf coach, I picked up a 60* RTX-4 Mid grind in tour raw finish today. I have been working on my short game quite a bit, and finally feel comfortable enough to toss such a high lofted club in the bag for a few rounds. I remain impressed by the spin these wedges generate, and after a season of use, they still create a ton of spin. I have had more than a few balls check up and come back on some well struck shots.
I think I need to order me one of these wedges.

Well that just happened. Bought a 60 deg mid grind RTX4.

My tour raw 60 arrived today, just in time for my event round tomorrow morning. Nice. And look at these grooves!
C8204E1B-0FBA-44CF-8FEB-9C069F15D228.jpeg8D043229-732B-4DF9-A635-ACE798EEB727.jpeg

@BigDill.....that's a damn good looking wedge

My RTX's have been so fun this past year. They are geared up for another great year this year.

Gonna be interesting to see how they can top this?

@BigDill.....that's a damn good looking wedge

My RTX's have been so fun this past year. They are geared up for another great year this year.

Gonna be interesting to see how they can top this?
Could not agree more. I will have a set of Recoils in them at some point this year, the only question is whether I buy new heads with fresh grooves or keep what I have for now.

Could not agree more. I will have a set of Recoils in them at some point this year, the only question is whether I buy new heads with fresh grooves or keep what I have for now.

I have said it many times in this thread and the Recoil thread.......these paired with Recoils with wedges are the funnest parts of my golf bag hands down. The feeling of hitting a crisp wedge shot with these is incredible.

I know you said at some point this year..........but I suggest doing it asap. You will thank me later. Trust me.

A few days ago I made an impulse buy of an RTX4 64* , played two rounds with it and am liking the results. For me it seems like 55 yards is about the max distance I should swing this club.

Going to give my Tombstone raw RTX4’s another go soon.

@GraniteRoost you still playing that set of black RTX4s? I still think about how awesome those looked with the black PTx Pros.

@GraniteRoost you still playing that set of black RTX4s? I still think about how awesome those looked with the black PTx Pros.

Yes! Reigning champions, those still have plenty of life left in them and look great after a full season in play. There is a challenger however, matching Ben Hogan Equalizer DBM to go with the PTx.

Hello old friends...

99C85CAD-DAB9-4297-BC13-4EE5D5659D1C.jpeg

Hello old friend.

15C0E18F-4CBE-445F-8DE7-9C84B2E88AEB.jpeg

Back