Cleveland RTX-4 Wedges

Recently i mistakenly purchased a 64* instead of a 60* low bounce wedge on ebay as the morning coffee hadn't kicked in yet. This spatula is a ton of fun, easy out of the traps, cuts through thick greenside rough when you need to get it up quick. and spins the heck out of the ball. Starting to really like the features of it along with the 52 and 56* I already had in the bag.

JMB3 ;n8890194 said:
That sounds like an awesome combination.

In my previous wedges, I was playing the stock PW and GW in the Recoil 660 and my 57* forged Miura with a Recoil 95 proto. When I went in for this most recent fitting, I hit with the Recoil 95s then he had me try out the 110s. They felt more firm, and if I was going solely off of feel, I would have stayed with the 95s, but my dispersion was quite a bit better with the 110, so it was an easy decision.

tomcat;n8890233 said:
In my previous wedges, I was playing the stock PW and GW in the Recoil 660 and my 57* forged Miura with a Recoil 95 proto. When I went in for this most recent fitting, I hit with the Recoil 95s then he had me try out the 110s. They felt more firm, and if I was going solely off of feel, I would have stayed with the 95s, but my dispersion was quite a bit better with the 110, so it was an easy decision.

I have been thinking about putting recoils into my RTX 4 wedges but was leaning towards the wedge protos, as I thought that was the only option. Now you have me thinking about the 110s. This may happen sooner than later.

chefkritter;n8890205 said:
Recently i mistakenly purchased a 64* instead of a 60* low bounce wedge on ebay as the morning coffee hadn't kicked in yet. This spatula is a ton of fun, easy out of the traps, cuts through thick greenside rough when you need to get it up quick. and spins the heck out of the ball. Starting to really like the features of it along with the 52 and 56* I already had in the bag.

64 lmao I'd hit myself in the face with the ball trying to hit a flop shot.

Canadan;n8890906 said:
64 lmao I'd hit myself in the face with the ball trying to hit a flop shot.

Oh by all means caution is taken when swinging the spatula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chefkritter;n8890205 said:

For a stud like you I bet it's a lot of fun.

People would be in danger is I tried one, including myself.

I had a day with these this past weekend. When I had a 100 yard shot and in my confidence level was through the roof. These paired with Recoils are SO.DAMN.FUN

2BFAST;n8897715 said:
I had a day with these this past weekend. When I had a 100 yard shot and in my confidence level was through the roof. These paired with Recoils are SO.DAMN.FUN

Completely agree. Such a nice pair.

I had my first round last Saturday and the added bounce of the 56/Mid over the 56/Low made all the difference. The low grind definitely allows for more versatility in opening the face, but I have preferred the added bounce since I am not one that likes to open the face on many shots.

If you are a 20 handicap like myself, these are perfect wedges for you. They are easy to elevate and generate spin, and I recommend the mid grind. Lower handicaps or more confident ball strikers would benefit from the low grind on the higher lofted wedges.

BigDill;n8897772 said:
I had my first round last Saturday and the added bounce of the 56/Mid over the 56/Low made all the difference. The low grind definitely allows for more versatility in opening the face, but I have preferred the added bounce since I am not one that likes to open the face on many shots.

If you are a 20 handicap like myself, these are perfect wedges for you. They are easy to elevate and generate spin, and I recommend the mid grind. Lower handicaps or more confident ball strikers would benefit from the low grind on the higher lofted wedges.

I initially went with the LOW in my 58 thinking the same thing, and I knew better as I really prefer a high/full bounce wedge and have no problem with being versatile with it. But I thought I would try it and it reminded me right away how much bounce is your friend. Going from the LOW to FULL made a world of difference. The solidifier is I can really do just about anything with my FULL 58...tight lie, super tight lie, fluffy, rough, fluffy sand and hard packed sand...it doesn't matter.

XLOW would be very tough to play as LOW was tough for me

2BFAST;n8897783 said:
I initially went with the LOW in my 58 thinking the same thing, and I knew better as I really prefer a high/full bounce wedge and have no problem with being versatile with it. But I thought I would try it and it reminded me right away how much bounce is your friend. Going from the LOW to FULL made a world of difference. The solidifier is I can really do just about anything with my FULL 58...tight lie, super tight lie, fluffy, rough, fluffy sand and hard packed sand...it doesn't matter.

I couldn’t have said it better myself. While I found a few times that the Low was helpful, I was in way more situations that the Mid would have been a better option.

BigDill;n8897788 said:
I couldn’t have said it better myself. While I found a few times that the Low was helpful, I was in way more situations that the Mid would have been a better option.

I remember when I was playing El Campeon at Mission Inn last year and I pulled my approach on #16 into the left side bunker....well....I really don't know what you would call it as the sand goes all around the green. Anyway, when I stepped down into it that sand was the softest and fluffiest sand iv ever been in. It was literally like powder and I was short sided. This was when I had my LOW 58 and I had to get the ball up in a hurry to get to sit soft but without the help of bounce I had to nip it clean and perfect to do it. Needless to say I didn't get up and down on my first shot. I would put money on the table if I had my FULL 58 I would of got out of there. I think it was a combination of when I seen how soft that sand was and knowing I didn't have any help from the bounce for the shot it was a combination of doubt and lack of skill for that setup.

Man that sand was soft........

i1520.jpg

2BFAST;n8897783 said:

The XLOW isn't that hard to hit....

I'm pretty filthy lethal with it. Hahaha

Jman;n8897858 said:
The XLOW isn't that hard to hit....

I'm pretty filthy lethal with it. Hahaha

Your skill level and my skill level are way different. When I feel that extra bounce I feel "help" is the best I can describe.

These wedges are probably the one part of the bag that I can count on all the time. I haven’t been able to play much lately but every single time I have a wedge in my hands I feel completely at home and confident I’ll be able to pull off any shot with them. The versatility and aesthetics are absolutely on point in this lineup!

I’ve seriously been considering swapping my stock PW for a 48* RTX4.

Also been thinking about completely changing my wedges for gapping purposes. Will for sure be sticking with the RTX4 if I do. :cool:

I had the 62* out for a spin recently. I used it on a couple of close to the green over a bunker or poor turf to short sided pin shots. The wedge was a dream. It got the ball up quickly with a soft landing and very roll.

Picked up a 48* RTX4. Will be fun. Pairing it with my raw RTX3’s for the time being

Well...after trying the 48* I just got...I want the 54 and 58 to match.

I have recently switched to playing the Bridgestone Tour B XS ball and they have fit so well with the RTX 4 wedges. I finally have my wedge game to a point of confidence and decent consistency to a point where I can get shots to settle and check up on a green from 80 yards and in. Adding more bounce from the low grind to mid grind has made a world of difference with my 56 degree and its now my go-to club from 60 and in. The RTX 4 has made me love wedges again after a year of struggling with them and basically chipping with a PW or 9i.

Well...after trying the 48* I just got...I want the 54 and 58 to match.

After seeing the 58* low in hand, I am definitely picking them up once I can get a solid deal. That bounce and grind combo on that one is killer for me, and that satin finish is awesome.

After seeing the 58* low in hand, I am definitely picking them up once I can get a solid deal. That bounce and grind combo on that one is killer for me, and that satin finish is awesome.

Amazon gift cards did it for me. Picked up the 54 and 58 to match. I can't wait to get going with them after the rounds I've had with the 48 already. They are everything and more of what I would have wanted the RTX-3's to be, and going with all satin wedges is a different choice for me too.

Amazon gift cards did it for me. Picked up the 54 and 58 to match. I can't wait to get going with them after the rounds I've had with the 48 already. They are everything and more of what I would have wanted the RTX-3's to be, and going with all satin wedges is a different choice for me too.

Do I recall you may have picked up RTX-3's in the Cleveland Short Game event a couple years ago? The RTX-4's, they are like coming home. Fantastic.

Do I recall you may have picked up RTX-3's in the Cleveland Short Game event a couple years ago? The RTX-4's, they are like coming home. Fantastic.

you are correct. I loved the 50 and 54, but the v sole on the 58 left me wanting more. It just...sat weird in certain positions. I got the 58 low with the RTX-4’s, which is a c grind, and is my favorite on high lofts. I’ve only ever had three sets of wedges before this of my own, two of those three being Cleveland, and you’re right...it’s like coming home.

Back