First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

@Jman over here making me question my bounce choices

What has really pushed me to buy them was all of the love @Jman and @Molten have given these wedges with shots out of the rough. That is a big part of my current game, and could really use the help on that.
They do really shine there. Unfortunately I can’t justify them in my bag for that alone. I’m just not in it enough. Well before I said that anyway. Most likely I will be now. :oops:

Last edited:
They do really shine there. Unfortunately I can’t justify them in my bag for they alone. I’m just not in it enough. Well before I said that anyway. Most likely I will be now. :oops:
Are they lacking for you elsewhere?

My final assessment of the 60 low. I’ve struggled in bunkers close to the flag, not anymore. This club will remain in my bag for that sole purpose. It’s funny how different clubs fit or don’t fit individual golfers and their swings. Flop shots, which I never been good at, are a breeze with this club. I struggle every where else with it. I have room and it is valuable so it has a home.

Are they lacking for you elsewhere?
The mass amounts of spin is killing me. The distance is a bit shy of what I expect on most shots. That said, I can perform flop shots with this club like nobody’s business. I did a 12 ft chips today and it spun back. o_O

Club washing day. Though I’d update the looks of the ZipCore and how it’s appearance is holding up. I’ve hit balls from just about every lie with this wedge sand, hard pan, tree debris, you name it I hit off it, well not the cart path ;)89F22885-9DC6-4CB8-AA75-080BB3187A51.jpegE545C6DF-EE80-4C79-AD56-CE3ADD8938D5.jpeg

Course built a new practice area this spring. ZipCore is fun 😃. I hit about 39 bunker shots, 86 chips and 27 pitches.

A44167E4-CFDB-464D-9644-CE73195B87AF.jpegEF0A2277-FCE7-415B-83A0-2438D70197C2.jpegD4732858-EF2B-4EBF-9AFA-A60A6958D820.jpeg833B4FC8-A978-4506-9FC6-868513E436C1.jpeg

Welp. Picked up a 54 and 60 today..

The mass amounts of spin is killing me. The distance is a bit shy of what I expect on most shots. That said, I can perform flop shots with this club like nobody’s business. I did a 12 ft chips today and it spun back. o_O

I’ve gained yardage with this one.

I’ve actually picked up yardage on these with full and 3/4 against my RTX4’s because from those clean lies I am seeing slightly less spin from these than the 4’s still. The 4’s have Tour Issue S400 in them so it’s a little surprising to me still with the spinners in these, though I do enjoy everything about the spinners feel wise and consistency.

Greenside though it remains not close, these excel for me on the touch and manipulated shots as well as from non ideal lies. They’re fun, there really isn’t any denying that.

Some nice chipping again today. Getting used to the distance and spin.

88CABA20-5C04-4BBD-A1D5-035728DC1555.jpeg

1830E40E-C603-4B05-B1C4-671696760FD5.jpeg

Is there an actual date when the raw version will be released?
I don’t have a date, but I believe it will be soon. I know some of the local staff players were able to order, but they have not arrived yet.

I left the zc out of the bag for today’s round to see if it was a little placebo effect swapping one 54 for another. It was not. My chipping suffered with the ZipCore out of the bag and I won’t make that mistake again.

I left the zc out of the bag for today’s round to see if it was a little placebo effect swapping one 54 for another. It was not. My chipping suffered with the ZipCore out of the bag and I won’t make that mistake again.

what are you doing to yourself?

LMAO at science.
Ok, fine. I made a snap decision running to the tee sheet but I’m glad I affirmed my affinity for ZC

I’ve actually picked up yardage on these with full and 3/4 against my RTX4’s because from those clean lies I am seeing slightly less spin from these than the 4’s still. The 4’s have Tour Issue S400 in them so it’s a little surprising to me still with the spinners in these, though I do enjoy everything about the spinners feel wise and consistency.

Greenside though it remains not close, these excel for me on the touch and manipulated shots as well as from non ideal lies. They’re fun, there really isn’t any denying that.
I currently have RTX4 wedges. 52 mid bent to 54 and 56 mid bent to 58 to help gap against my Ping G700 U wedge with 49 degree loft. The 54 works great for full shots at 90 yds. Haven't figured out the max distance for the 58 degree. Not sure it is worth upgrading to Zipcore right now. But, as the RTX4's get worn, I will consider them.

Where you guys buying these wedges, or are you all testers?

Awesome pics GraniteRoost!

Where you guys buying these wedges, or are you all testers?

Awesome pics GraniteRoost!

Few testers but I preordered (day after preordered started) and I already had my set for my round this morning!

Early testing for me has continued into this morning where I have been working with the 56 on 1/2 shots and the spin in the Tech Studio is mesmerizing. Continuing to see right around 10k spin on non-full shots which is exceptional. There isn't a shot I dont feel I can hit with this lineup.

Still working with 50, 56 and 62 and I think those stay with me for a while as I like the versatility in that mix in my bag. The feel is fantastic, and the leading edge design continues to shine for me personally.

Back