First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

ZipCore came thru big time tonight. Help me score second best round ever.

Starting out with a chip in bird and a chip to kick in par was a way to start the round.

Chipping was in fire tonight. 62° low is on the way.

0B75D198-2FD6-43D5-9FBA-0583E6D34096.jpeg

ZipCore came thru big time tonight. Help me score second best round ever.

Starting out with a chip in bird and a chip to kick in par was a way to start the round.

Chipping was in fire tonight. 62° low is on the way.

View attachment 8956508
How do normal people use a 62? To flip pancakes and completely miss the ball with flop shots?! You guys make it sound so easy. Or is it the wedge?!

How do normal people use a 62? To flip pancakes and completely miss the ball with flop shots?! You guys make it sound so easy. Or is it the wedge?!

I debated this with myself. I am NOWHERE near good enough to use a 62° on anything but right around the green.

I play a lot of small greens and have a larger tendency to not be on them. So, I never use my 3h and said why not add an additional wedge.

Now, I will have a PW, 50°, 54°, 58°, and 62°. Probably overkill for sure.

All Y'all chatting up the 62 has nudges me toward a dangerous tipping point. I don't even know why 😂

All Y'all chatting up the 62 has nudges me toward a dangerous tipping point. I don't even know why 😂

Jump on in, the water is so refreshing.

ordered the 48*...couldn't help myself

Jump on in, the water is so refreshing.

I don't even use my 58 that much. And don't ask about my affairs with a 60*. But it sounds so fun. 62 must be the answer.

I don't even use my 58 that much. And don't ask about my affairs with a 60*. But it sounds so fun. 62 must be the answer.
As long as you bend it 2* weak.

All the great things I’m hearing had me convinced to preorder... alas I’ll have to wait and don’t get the bonus customization. Preorder isn’t available in Canada.

I had the old Spinner shaft in a Mizuno wedge for awhile... curious to see how that compares but also really like the graphite option.

I debated this with myself. I am NOWHERE near good enough to use a 62° on anything but right around the green.

I play a lot of small greens and have a larger tendency to not be on them. So, I never use my 3h and said why not add an additional wedge.

Now, I will have a PW, 50°, 54°, 58°, and 62°. Probably overkill for sure.
Oh that actually makes a world of sense. More wedges will always be a good idea in my eyes and that is just a real specialty wedge then.

Those of you who pre-ordered to your homes: Have any of you actually received the wedges today? If so, I'll reach out to my local club to make them aware that the "Launch Date" may have been moved up in some cases, and to keep their eyes out for my new Bling :D

Muddy. Wet. Questionable lies.

These grooves....wow.

95190E27-1F89-4592-88C5-D0D037975A12.jpeg

expecting delivery today!

Still waiting for shipment. Package was out for delivery all day yesterday and then at 8pm back to the facility. Out for delivery again this morning. Maybe today. I plan to get out at some point for a practice session and would love to bring the zipcore out for initial testing.

Wearing well!

2970959A-F929-4729-A9B1-C377527E5CD8.jpeg

The more this thread grows I am falling in love with how these looks. No way I am moving on from the CBX2 or Fullface and not really a ponder. But darn these are really good looking.

Just got off the phone with my club pro to let him know that the wedges may arrive earlier than the 14th! I'm like a kid on Christmas!

Muddy. Wet. Questionable lies.

These grooves....wow.

View attachment 8956529
Adding to this....it’s like I mentioned in my Instagram story, these grooves are just silly. For me, they’re no doubt the most impressive aspect of the entire design, and where I’ve struggled recently at times with the sole for what I like to do, the grooves are crazy. From the most cabbage like and soaked lies today I’d hit shots that should have NO spin and instead get check, one in particular I had to play a wide open shot with the 62 from a lie that was going to have grass between face and ball no matter how I came into is, and played for release only to see it hit like a sack of flour.

They’re fun, and the 62 is a riot. I do still wish they were raw though. :ROFLMAO:

This 60* low bounce zipcore has found a new home. I spent some time with it today on the range and chipping to a practice green. Fantastic club. Feel, spin, flight, full shots, partial shots, chipping ... it did everything I could want. The low bounce is optimal for my needs off tight lies and firm ground. I'm sold on the v-sole. We just met, and it is on a track to be my favorite ever lob wedge. Also very pleased with the Modus 125 wedge shaft.

IMG_1706.jpeg

This 60* low bounce zipcore has found a new home. I spent some time with it today on the range and chipping to a practice green. Fantastic club. Feel, spin, flight, full shots, partial shots, chipping ... it did everything I could want. The low bounce is optimal for my needs off tight lies and firm ground. I'm sold on the v-sole. We just met, and it is on a track to be my favorite ever lob wedge. Also very pleased with the Modus 125 wedge shaft.

View attachment 8956605
Love it! There’s a lot of fun in the Low grind, I’m enjoying it in the 62. Fwiw, it’s a C-Grind and not a V-Sole, the slight V is in the Mid. (y)

It’s a dead versatile C-grind

Hitting the 62 today on the GCQuad and was routinely right around 10k rpms of spin. Pretty happy with what I am seeing

Hitting the 62 today on the GCQuad and was routinely right around 10k rpms of spin. Pretty happy with what I am seeing
I still see less than I do from my RTX4’s on full swings, but it’s close, and these still imo blow the 4’s out of the water in the non perfect lies.

Back