Cleveland ZipCore XL Irons Review

Well KBS doesn't make a 110g Tour Lite so even if the Zipcores were parallel wouldn't it say 105g?
Not necessarily. KBS had made the "Max 80" variant for years and it weighs over 110g. This one has always been really misleading to me. Thinking you are picking up an 80g shaft and its playing 30g heavier. :eek:
1712318302732.png
1712318316175.png

I'll try to make it happen today. I can't help with the 6 iron.
if you have the 7i, I can "make" that work too, lol or at least get it close.

Not necessarily. KBS had made the "Max 80" variant for years and it weighs over 110g. This one has always been really misleading to me. Thinking you are picking up an 80g shaft and its playing 30g heavier. :eek:
View attachment 9254375
View attachment 9254376
I realize sometimes the number on the shaft doesn't represent the actual weight but what's ironic is the KBS Tour (non-lite) is 110g. Is it possible they gave you the regular KBS Tour 110g instead of the KBS Tour Lite 95g for a demo? Did the label on the shaft indicate it was the Tour Lite?

My money is on this > Cleveland accidentally listed the regular KBS Tour weight instead of the Tour Lite weight.

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 7.35.42 PM.png

I realize sometimes the number on the shaft doesn't represent the actual weight but what's ironic is the KBS Tour (non-lite) is 110g. Is it possible they gave you the regular KBS Tour 110g instead of the KBS Tour Lite 95g for a demo? Did the label on the shaft indicate it was the Tour Lite?

My money is on this > Cleveland accidentally listed the regular KBS Tour weight instead of the Tour Lite weight.

View attachment 9254617

The one I tested was a Tour Lite. White label with red lettering. . I’m familiar with it as I was fitted into the Tour Lite 95Reg last August. In some ZX5’s)

The one I tested was a Tour Lite. White label with red lettering. . I’m familiar with it as I was fitted into the Tour Lite 95Reg last August. In some ZX5’s)
So you tested a Tour Lite that was 110g? Did it feel heavier than your ZX 5 Tour Lite?

Calling a shaft that weighs 110g a "Lite" shaft is a stretch, especially when the regular non Lite one weighs 110g.

Also we have no explanation for the picture of a 95g Tour Lite on their order page.

I must get to the bottom of this😂

So you tested a Tour Lite that was 110g? Did it feel heavier than your ZX 5 Tour Lite?

Calling a shaft that weighs 110g a "Lite" shaft is a stretch, especially when the regular non Lite one weighs 110g.

Also we have no explanation for the picture of a 95g Tour Lite on their order page.

I must get to the bottom of this😂

I’d did feel heavier. But I was thinking it might have been placebo lol since the plastic butt cap said 110g. Thinking it might really just be the 95g 😀

I’d did feel heavier. But I was thinking it might have been placebo lol since the plastic butt cap said 110g. Thinking it might really just be the 95g 😀
I have Nippon 125s in my launcher XLs. For you folks that like lighter, Nippon light steel could be a good match too.

I hit them today it's heavier than 95g and the shaft doesn't have 95 label but just "R"

IMG_1756.jpeg

Has anyone emailed Cleveland to ask about the shaft mystery?
Nah. I called them years ago and asked about the lie angle of a 5w and the lady said it was 18*. I said no the lie angle not the loft and she its 18*. 😀

Nah. I called them years ago and asked about the lie angle of a 5w and the lady said it was 18*. I said no the lie angle not the loft and she its 18*. 😀
Hmmm. I suppose someone could weigh the stock graphite 7i to the equivalent stock steel 7i with the same grip.

The
Has anyone emailed Cleveland to ask about the shaft mystery?
The Cleveland fitting van was by my local driving range today and I hit both the XL Zipcore stock KBS Tour Lite and the TT 95 Elevate, the Elevate was slightly lighter and not as stiff at the tip. I couldn't get a good launch with the Tour Lite which I usually do on other irons but the Elevate was hitting all the right numbers.

The guys in the van had no clue what the Tour Lite's weight was but agreed with me its weight was heavier than the TT Elevate.

I have been playing my new Zipcore XL irons with Recoil Dart 65 F2 shafts for a couple rounds and they are incredible! A simple swing gets them launched straight! and long (stronger lofts). The forgiveness is great. I just got a new launch monitor that was delivered today and I have to dial in their distances for gaps, but I am very impressed with them for my old guy game!

@llama with an "I love them!" at the end of the round. Can't ask for much more than that.

She hit them really well. Forgiveness showed itself nicely on a couple. Great first time with them at her favorite course.

Back