Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart Preview

Checked out the 3.5 today and the brake system at the wheel seems identical to the 3.0, but the handlebar side of the brake system is slightly different. The 3.5 brake lever is shorter and there was a cable tension adjustment I don't recall seeing on my 3.0.
The matte powdercoat finish is an improvement IMO.
I hate the 3.5 cup holder; if I upgraded to the 3.5, I'd use a 3.0 cup holder.

Ordered one of these today. I'm looking forward to using it once the golf season starts here. I always would carry before but that's just getting too tiring by the end off the round.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

You will love it and wonder why you waited. What color did you order?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yeah.. If I would get a cart clicgear would be the one.. Maybe the 3.0 will be a little cheaper since these are coming out.

Checked out the 3.5 today and the brake system at the wheel seems identical to the 3.0, but the handlebar side of the brake system is slightly different. The 3.5 brake lever is shorter and there was a cable tension adjustment I don't recall seeing on my 3.0.

Same here - the brake looks identical. The handle looks different and that's what I think they worked on was the pull lever in the handle end. I missed looking at the umbrella holder and its supposed to be improved to hold the adjustable umbrella holder.

Hard to think about giving up the 3.0 though. It has a lot of rounds left in it yet.

You will love it and wonder why you waited. What color did you order?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Went with the charcoal and green. It was a toss up between that our the Orange. Heard they were selling lots of those so went with the green just so I was different.

I bought mine in a hurry. It was kind of last minute. I had a tee time and decided I wanted to get this on the way to the club so I stopped at Dick's and picked one up. Only color they had was the silver. About a week later I saw them at my local club for $20 cheaper and with several cool color options. I thought about seeing if Dick's would take it back, but decided that would be unethical. I made my choice and that's what I get for being in a hurry. They did honor the price that my club was selling it for though so I got a $20 credit. I think your Charcoal and Green look sharp. Now you just need to get the B3 bag to match!! That'll be my next "big" golf purchase.

Same here - the brake looks identical. The handle looks different and that's what I think they worked on was the pull lever in the handle end.

I double checked my 3.0 and compared it to the 3.5 today. I confirmed only the 3.5 has a cable tension adjustment on the handle end, but both the 3.0 and 3.5 have a tension adjustment at the wheel so… :dont-know:

Overall I think the new brake lever assembly is just a little more trick. It has a more complex movement, and arguably a slightly cooler lever… Plus the cable tension adjuster.

I agree with clicgear calling it a “0.5” improvement.

I bought mine in a hurry. It was kind of last minute. I had a tee time and decided I wanted to get this on the way to the club so I stopped at Dick's and picked one up. Only color they had was the silver. About a week later I saw them at my local club for $20 cheaper and with several cool color options. I thought about seeing if Dick's would take it back, but decided that would be unethical. I made my choice and that's what I get for being in a hurry. They did honor the price that my club was selling it for though so I got a $20 credit. I think your Charcoal and Green look sharp. Now you just need to get the B3 bag to match!! That'll be my next "big" golf purchase.

No rushing here, might be a couple of more months before I can use it. Winter storm here today is calling for up to 20 cm of snow. :mad: We were just starting to get some nice weather and the white stuff was starting to go away.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

I feel your pain. Just not as much as you do generally. I've been lucky so far. Got a round in Jan and Feb. We got nailed with a ton of snow here in Kansas city (a ton for us anyway). It's just about gone now though and a lot of courses just opened back after most of the snow melted and now things can dry out a little. I'm hoping to get a round in this weekend, but the closer we get to the weekend the drearier the forcasts are becoming. You'll feel all warm and happy with that cart though LOL.

i agree on the cup holder I have a 3.5 and find the cup holder useless. I have a Sun Mountain C-130 so I keep my water bottle in the cooler pouch of the bag

I'm actually looking for a mid size staff bag next to use for it and when on golf carts. Stand bags just don't work well with either. I just need to decide which staff bag I want to get. It's a tossup between the Taylormade and Nike ones right now for me.

I feel your pain. Just not as much as you do generally. I've been lucky so far. Got a round in Jan and Feb. We got nailed with a ton of snow here in Kansas city (a ton for us anyway). It's just about gone now though and a lot of courses just opened back after most of the snow melted and now things can dry out a little. I'm hoping to get a round in this weekend, but the closer we get to the weekend the drearier the forcasts are becoming. You'll feel all warm and happy with that cart though LOL.

It's been 4 straight days here of almost non-stop snow. If this keeps up I might have to change the order and see if it can get it with skis instead of wheels. Either that or lfy somewhere warm for a bit to regain some sanity.

I'm actually looking for a mid size staff bag next to use for it and when on golf carts. Stand bags just don't work well with either. I just need to decide which staff bag I want to get. It's a tossup between the Taylormade and Nike ones right now for me.
I'd really like a taller bag, so in it's current setting the bottom clubs, wedges for me, wouldn't be as close the cart!

I'd really like a taller bag, so in it's current setting the bottom clubs, wedges for me, wouldn't be as close the cart!
I use mine with Bennington QO-12. Did away with the bungie cord and replaced it with a quick release nylon strap.

Got a chance to play for the first time all year, which meant first time with my Clicgear 3.5+. I have never owned a push cart, I always walked and carried. The Clicgear 3.5+ made walking so much more enjoyable. Rides really smooth on any surface, holds bag in tight and has a lot of room for accessories. Couple quick points...

1) The cargo net which I know they made bigger easily held my rangefinder and glasses. Really like having my rangefinder in here. Makes it so much quicker to use then when I used to keep it in my bag. Takes only a few seconds to take it out, shoot the pin and put it back in the cargo net.
2) The cup holder didn't get much use today, just a can of soda which fit nicely.
3) Really liked the elastic strap on the storage compartment to keep my scorecard and pencil, much better than in my pocket when I sometimes lose the scorecard or pencil.
4) The storage compartment was a very good size but I only kept a couple extra golf balls in there today. Will probably find more things to put in here over time.
5) I had the cooler bag on the cart today. It was only 50* today so hard to tell but for today kept my drinks cool enough. Don't know how cool it will keep drinks in the summer but it's better than nothing. Cooler bag locked on the cart easily and never moved.
6) Brake worked well whenever I used it but I sometimes forgot when I had it on and would try to push the cart. Got to remember this down the road.
7) Straps held the bag in place and had room to spare for bigger bags.
8) Very easy to get clubs in and out of the bag when on the Clicgear 3.5+

Overall, I couldn't be happier with my Clicgear 3.5+. Such a good investment for someone who walks 95% of the time. Still get the exercise from walking but don't have achy shoulders and back from carrying for 18. Here's a pic of my bag on the the Clicgear 3.5+ after my round:

20130329_144618_zpsf9febb53.jpg

I walked 18 today and have so much pain in my feet, knees, hips, lower back, & shoulders from carrying! The other 3 guys in my group had push carts. I think it's definitely time to spend the cash on one of these!

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

I need one of these!!!

I walked 18 today and have so much pain in my feet, knees, hips, lower back, & shoulders from carrying! The other 3 guys in my group had push carts. I think it's definitely time to spend the cash on one of these!

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

It took me a while to finally pull the trigger on a push cart and now I'm wondering what took me so long. For any walker, it really is worth the money and Clicgear makes a great product.

It took me a while to finally pull the trigger on a push cart and now I'm wondering what took me so long. For any walker, it really is worth the money and Clicgear makes a great product.

I need to get a cart I like to walk and would prefer it, but just don't like carrying.

I started walking and using a pushcart a couple years ago almost exclusively. It's a completely different game from riding in a motorized cart, and much less exhausting than carrying. I wouldn't go back to either one.

I've been complaining about my Sun Mountain here lately because of the cupholder. It's built into the center, by the handle and it's always been hard to get in and out past my driver and fairways. Lately, it's been used as my glove holder because I bought a SodaStream, and the bottle won't fit in the cupholder, it's just a tad too small. So the 3.5's cupholder setup looks like it would be perfect for the slightly larger bottle. The storage compartment is also molded plastic and small. My cell phone fits in it, but the keys have to go into the bag. I want to get a rangefinder, but don't want to have to zip/unzip the bag to get to it all the time. I may need to go check these out tomorrow.

I am loving mine after two rounds. Wish I did this last year like I wanted to.

THPing on Tapatalk

These are fantastic. People are always amazed that haven't seen them before when you break them down to put in your car at how small they get.

Think I will pick up one tomorrow. Called GG and they will match the internet specials of $186.

Going to pick up one of these, where did you find it for $186?

Never mind, got one off golfdiscount.com with 20% off for $176 shipped.

Last edited:
Back