Clickgear guys, what bags work well with them?

scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a Clicgear 4.0 on the way. Currently have a Titleist Hybrid 5 stand bag. Would I be better off with a bag with 14 slots? If so, which ones work well with this push cart?

I don't have a Clicgear 4.0 but I do have the 3.5. I've used multiple bags on that one and have had zero issues with any of them. The main difference between the 3.5 and 4.0, from what I understand, is the distance between the front wheel and the bottom bracket holding the bag. So I'm hoping and thinking you shouldn't have an issue with any bag.

My Hoofer has always kicked ass on mine.

I've used several bags on mine over the last 4-5 years and haven't really seen an issue with any. Even my SM Three5 which has a good size kickstand on it, worked out just fine.

I have several I use. Sun Mountain cart bag, Titleist stand bag, OGIO stand bag. The thing I have noticed on the stand bags it where the top brackets of the legs rest against the top bracket. Some stand bags are narrower where the leg brackets are and for me they just don't sit as well. On my Titleist bag I can actually put the bungy straps under the leg brackets so the bag rest on the holder instead of the leg brackets. Keeps the bag more stable and from twisting. I can try to get a pic for you tonight to show what I mean.
Personally I like 14 way dividers on my bags.
Lighter is better on a push cart IMO.

I am using a sun mountain 4.5 with no issues at all. I really am enjoying my clic gear very well made.

Anyone use a OGIO 514 Convoy RTC with the 4.0? Does it fit well?

I have a 3.5+ and have used a Sun Mountain Sync and 3 or 4 different stand bags on it. No issues with any of them.

Can't speak for the 4.0, but I have one of the original Clickgears. (1.0 ?) It came with pneumatic tire. It has handled every bag of clubs I have put on it. Smallish stand bags to my current staff bag.

I have never had a problem with the clubs getting tangled up by the grip ends.

Unless the 4.0 has some major changes since the 1.0 model, I don't think it matters what bag the golfer puts on it.

Golfer's personal choice.

My Clicgear is a 3.0. I use my Sun Mountain C-130 on it and have also used a smaller Ogio stand bag. No problems with either of them.

Never found a bag that didn't fit my Click Gear 3.5. Al lot of my buddies use the 3.5 as well, and use all different bags, Ping, Titleist, TM, etc.

For a really nice Push Cart Mafia rig I think the Ogio RTC is the perfect bag.

I have a 3.5 and use a Sun Mountain Sync with no issues. I had an Ogio Cirrus before and it worked well also.

My 514 fits pretty darn well.
EB37FA83-0935-4B5F-B834-BD8A87619C4B.jpeg679E5084-9D8C-4267-ABC4-B27F850B6E8E.jpeg

For those of you with the Clicgear 4.0, is it supposed to turn or swivel to turn?

For those of you with the Clicgear 4.0, is it supposed to turn or swivel to turn?
Looks the same as my 3.5, you would have to pick the front tire up slightly and then turn the cart.

I noticed that my bag was rotating on my clicgear 3.5 so I bought that $25 thingy that goes on the top bracket and keeps it from rotating. I haven’t tried it out yet but it look s like it’ll work fine.

Oh and my bag is some kind of Sun Mountain stand bag so the bracket thingy is designed for stand bags

No swivel on the front wheel, same as previous versions.

I have the 3.5 and have used an Ogio stand bag that was little small but worked ok. Have used a Sun Mountain c130 and it worked just fine. Currently using a Sun Mountain 4.5 LS and it works great.

I don’t know if they still sell them but my ClicGear cart bag works perfectly. It has a slot on the bottom that is designed to fit on the base and which stablizes the bag.

Also, my Ogio cart bag works very well on my CG.

I am unaware of any carry bag that works particularly well on CGs, they always rotate.

C130 on my 3.5 I swap my clubs around when I walk to when I ride in the bag though.

One of the guys I play with just picked up a 4.0 and he also uses a C130. He hasn't mentioned any downsides yet.

On the 4.0 I do like that the top bracket is adjustable. Moves the bag away from the cart.

I have a Clicgear 4.0 on the way. Currently have a Titleist Hybrid 5 stand bag. Would I be better off with a bag with 14 slots? If so, which ones work well with this push cart?
I've had the 3.0 and currently have the 4.0. The rubber straps on the 4.0 are a game changer I think any stand or small cart bag would be perfect on the 4.0. I have a Titleist Players 5 bag that has had 0 issues with the 4.0.

I have found cart bags to fit great, the kick stand on a stand bag and the legs always seemed to get in the way for me

I've had the 3.0 and currently have the 4.0. The rubber straps on the 4.0 are a game changer I think any stand or small cart bag would be perfect on the 4.0. I have a Titleist Players 5 bag that has had 0 issues with the 4.0.

It looks like those new straps would keep any bag from rotating! At first I didn't see why they would be an improvement over the old bungee style.

I have a Ping Pioneer on my 3.5+ which looks very similar (except it doesn't have legs). The RTC looks like a perfect bag for a pushcart like this.
I'd take a picture but mine is totally covered with mud lol! It needs a bath first.

Since weight no longer matters much I’d highly recommend the Ping Traverse. The magnetic pocket and self draining insulated cooler pocket are both amazing.
15 slots for clubs with a large putter well. I’d never go back to a 5 way divider bag again. That 15th slot keeps my putter from ever touching another club which is a good thing as I’ve never use a putter headcover in 42 years of playing golf.

From last evening. It’s on a Bag Boy Tri-swivel but our club provides ClicGears and it works equally well on those push carts.

4CE8F342-4866-4D0B-AAAC-79DA49B2E2AF.jpeg

Last edited:
Back