Clinton and Rubio

Minus the fact he is 100% Pro-Life.
But he is also not one to force his beliefs on people and has said that he would prefer to leave the issue to the states. I'm cool with that.

But he is also not one to force his beliefs on people and has said that he would prefer to leave the issue to the states. I'm cool with that.

And like any good politician he says one thing but his actions show otherwise. He has sponsored or co-sponsored numerous acts in an attempt to establish a federal ban on abortion.

As of now I'm undecided. Hllary's record in politics is atrocious. Can anyone explain what she's accomplished in here 30+ years as a politician? One scandal after another. The GOP primaries are shaping up to be interesting. I think Rand Paul is working hard to get minority votes and has some interesting ideas. Rubio could be interesting to watch. There are things I like about Ted Cruz, I believe he says what he feels. Very different than most politicians. He went to Iowa and said ethanol is bad. That's ballsy. Scott Walker is interesting but I'm very curious to see and learn more about Dr. Carson. I hope he surrounds himself with good people and not the also rans like Karl Rove and such.

I hope this election is about the economy and our nations defense. To many times elections are bogged down by social issues. We need to cut spending in useful ways. There is too much money being wasted and that needs to stop. No more cutting increases to budget, cut the damn budget already.

Was interested in learning more about Dr. Carson, but his social viewpoints mean I won't support him.

Wait. So Clinton started it (which he did), but Bush is to blame for not reigning it in? How is it that the entire last 8 years is still Bush's fault, when clearly there has been enough time to "reign things in"?

The idea that time is needed on one's side, but the other side time is the blame is what makes politics in this country just awful.

They reined it in after 2008 with new laws. Purchasing a home became more difficult - more info is needed, your first born child is offered...

Was interested in learning more about Dr. Carson, but his social viewpoints mean I won't support him.
Yup. Pot leads to hedonistic activities. And the government should allow hedonism.

As of now I'm undecided. Hllary's record in politics is atrocious. Can anyone explain what she's accomplished in here 30+ years as a politician? One scandal after another. The GOP primaries are shaping up to be interesting. I think Rand Paul is working hard to get minority votes and has some interesting ideas. Rubio could be interesting to watch. There are things I like about Ted Cruz, I believe he says what he feels. Very different than most politicians. He went to Iowa and said ethanol is bad. That's ballsy. Scott Walker is interesting but I'm very curious to see and learn more about Dr. Carson. I hope he surrounds himself with good people and not the also rans like Karl Rove and such.

I hope this election is about the economy and our nations defense. To many times elections are bogged down by social issues. We need to cut spending in useful ways. There is too much money being wasted and that needs to stop. No more cutting increases to budget, cut the damn budget already.

Cruz is a born again Christian with preacher father and introduces religion into politics. His ego has a tough time fitting through any door. He believes he is always right. And he does not read "Cat in the Hat" well... at all.

I do not like Ted Cruz, I do not like him at all.

Religious zealots and narcissists do not belong in politics -- they are dangerous. He appears to be both.

Walker is the anti-education candidate, having cut funding to universities. He is the anti-middle class candidate. But if you want a candidate for the uber-wealthy, he is your guy ... as well as most GOP candidates other than Paul - who is a candidate beyond labeling.

They reined it in after 2008 with new laws. Purchasing a home became more difficult - more info is needed, your first born child is offered...

I believe you missed the point, but such is life with politics. I was not discussing home purchasing, just the blame game in general. Bush is blamed for not reigning in Clinton's horrible move, but the same people are giving the current a pass on "cleaning up" saying "time is needed".

Oh how some spin politics (not directed at anybody)...Its no wonder nothing gets done in this country.

Yup. Pot leads to hedonistic activities. And the government should allow hedonism.

Pesky NAMBLA always ruining everything.

I hate the social angle of anything political? When was the last time the federal govt did anything on the social side outside of campaign on it?

Pesky NAMBLA always ruining everything.
922362.jpg

I hate the social angle of anything political? When was the last time the federal govt did anything on the social side outside of campaign on it?

His comments on homosexuality and his stance on evolution are deal breakers for me.

I'd like to see budget cuts where the cut will make an actual difference. Social Security, Medicare, and Military.

His comments on homosexuality and his stance on evolution are deal breakers for me.
How can an MD not believe in evolution? That bottles my mind.

How can an MD not believe in evolution? That bottles my mind.

I dont ridicule people who believe in the idea of creation, but considering the role of government I think its essential to have a pro-science administration.

I dont ridicule people who believe in the idea of creation, but considering the role of government I think its essential to have a pro-science administration.
I only ridicule people who call creationism science.

So Im guessing you did not vote for Obama considering what his stance was on Homosexuality?

So Im guessing you did not vote for Obama considering what his stance was on Homosexuality?

I did not vote for Obama. Given the options we had I voted for Romney.

Given that we are looking at potential candidates, I will look for the best one who fits my ideals until such a time comes I have to choose between the lesser of two evils.

I'd like to see budget cuts where the cut will make an actual difference. Social Security, Medicare, and Military.
Social Security and Medicare aren't normal budget items. As someone who works for DoD, I'm pretty upset with the scare tactics that are going out to the public by the Republicans right now. All of the money wasted and spent just to be spent is ridiculous. The military, like everything else government related could remain efficient and effective on a lot less money. But when they cut the budget, the people in charge cut the most emotionally charged sections in order to get the people outraged over it instead of cutting things that are unnecessary.

This isn't just the military, it happens with everything government related. Cut the department of interior budget, the first thing they do is close parks and monuments. Cut the IRS budget and the first thing they cut is call center personnel, while spending $4m on furniture, millions on PR and surveys.

They prey on people's emotions and somehow get people to buy into it.

I did not vote for Obama. Given the options we had I voted for Romney.

Given that we are looking at potential candidates, I will look for the best one who fits my ideals until such a time comes I have to choose between the lesser of two evils.

Sadly, that is all we can do at this point. And sadly that is all we can do come election time. Or we can make fun of their beliefs like some are doing...Its not in my nature.

For close to two decades I voted with social issues at the forefront. I watched each time not a single thing change on the social front other than flip flopping for votes by politician after politician.

At the end of the day I want my candidate to & not in this order:

1. Stand with Israel no matter what
2. Secure our borders domestically
3. Reform Entitlements
4. Reduce debt/control spending
5. Undo the crap that is AHCA
6. Move us towards energy independence
7. Abolish or severely reform the IRS
8. Let the states govern without fear of federal interference.

It's a lot to ask for probably, but shouldn't be hard to do.

At the end of the day I want my candidate to & not in this order:

1. Stand with Israel no matter what
2. Secure our borders domestically
3. Reform Entitlements
4. Reduce debt/control spending
5. Undo the crap that is AHCA
6. Move us towards energy independence
8. Let the states govern without fear of federal interference.

It's a lot to ask for probably, but shouldn't be hard to do.

I never thought I would see the day where #1 would even need to be asked for...But sadly that is what we have come to. Such a shame.

I never thought I would see the day where #1 would even need to be asked for...But sadly that is what we have come to. Such a shame.

I agree. We (current administration) has undone years of goodwill IMO and it's being overlooked like its two buddies having a disagreement. People do not get how vulnerable Israel is in that region. Egypt fallowing even more so exposed them be cause for as bad as Mubarek(sp?) was, he was our buffer in the region.

The IRS has had its fair share of trouble, but I don't think getting rid of them will help at all. Interesting segment on Last Week Tonight talking about how hard the budget cuts have been on the IRS, the agency that was one of the best uses of tax dollars in terms of return.

Back