Club Champion Driver Fitting: Today!

kevin81002

Fore Right!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Who knows
Yeah I know I just bought a new driver. But a true driver fitting is something I've been wanting to do for a while. I'm sitting here waiting for my appointment to start (about 15-20 minutes) and I'll post up anything of interest from the fitting. For all I know, he might recommend I take up Tennis and quit golf. ?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Following. Which location?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have fun, curious to see what you’re fit into

I'll go through the details when I get back to work and out of the car. But... the EF Flash SZ did win out. A shaft change is coming though.

Thanks for taking the time me to document your fitting. As someone who is considering a CC fitting next year, I find this information to be quite helpful.

nice kevin! looking forward to the full write up.

I'll go through the details when I get back to work and out of the car. But... the EF Flash SZ did win out. A shaft change is coming though.

Did you already have the EF SZ in your bag?

Alrighty. So here's how things went. I met with Jerry, the fitter at CC Newport Beach. Great guy and a golf nut like most of us on here. He was really geeking out on the Rose and Fire headcovers I had, and the Jackpot Johnny towel I got from one hell of a THPer. We talk about what I'm looking for. I basically tell him I'm looking for the best possible fit for me. Not necessarily dispersion or distance, but all around. My misses lately off the tee have cost me more strokes than I care to mention, especially at my home course where you're either in the fairway, first cut, or OB. Jerry mentions that Trackman indoors is a bit of a letdown on distances, so don't get too upset at the carry numbers. I warm up hitting a few 7 irons, then get right to the driver. My current driver is a Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9* set N/S with the weight slightly to the heel, Tensei AV Blue 75x at 45" with a swingweight of D4.5. He asks me to try and keep the swings as stock as possible, meaning don't try to swing faster or slower with one shaft or another. I hit 5 balls with my driver trying to keep a smooth swing. Then he hands me a SZ head with a Speeder IV shaft. Not bad. We move to the Ventus black.. hated it. Then a Paderson Kevlar Launch TP... spin comes down and dispersion tightens up. There were about 8 other shafts I hit with varying results, including the HZRDUS Green. Surprisingly, the Paderson shaft gave me the best all around results, with the Smoke Green and Speeder coming in a fairly close second and third. Then we move to different heads. F9, nope. TS3, not bad but ball speed came down a bit. G410 LST, dispersion was a little wonky. M5, meh.

End result, I'm keeping my EF SZ head, and they're building me a new shaft for it. The Paderson Kevlar Launch TP65+. Definitely not what I expected to get fit in to, but the numbers don't lie. I had a great time, and if any of you locally are looking for a clubfitter, Jerry at CC in Newport Beach is top notch. He definitely knows his stuff.
I tried copying and pasting the trackman sheets on to here but failed. Here are the highlights...
AVERAGE RESULTS:
Gamer SZ/Tensei Blue 75X:
club speed 105.2, ball speed 154.9, smash 1.47, launch 10.7, spin 2973, carry 251.6, total 273.4
SZ with Paderson Shaft:
club speed 106.0, ball speed 158.1, smash 1.49, launch 11.1, spin 2285, carry 261.3, total, 286.8

Nice write-up, based on the results, I think you made a wise choice... congratulations, have fun with your new club!

Nice write-up, based on the results, I think you made a wise choice... congratulations, have fun with your new club!
Thanks. It wasn't just distance though. With the Paderson shaft, my dispersion between 5 shots was 15 yards. With my gamer, it was 40yds.

Nice post. It always helps to see what other people go through during a fitting. Were you happy or disappointed that your existing driver was pretty optimal already?

Nice post. It always helps to see what other people go through during a fitting. Were you happy or disappointed that your existing driver was pretty optimal already?
Happy. Saves me a ton of money. Not to mention I JUST bought the subzero.

Nice writeup. Congrats and thanks!

Got an email yesterday afternoon that the shaft I ordered is being delivered today. Checking with UPS, it's already at CC Newport Beach. So now I'm waiting for a confirmation email that it was actually delivered. Hopefully I can pick it up today and hit a few on their Trackman.

This combo is ridiculous. I don't think I've ever hit a ball on trackman that registered at 280+ carry... let alone 10 balls. I can't wait to get this thing on the course.

That is awesome to read can’t wait to hear how it does on the course.

That is awesome to read can’t wait to hear how it does on the course.
I'm excited about it. The swingweight was a little lighter than what I asked for. But he swapped out the stock 2g weight for a 5g one and it was perfect.

Some pictures.
1afc884c2f029f143cd641b7ab1d069d.jpg
a50bb4026c142859235c077bc9879975.jpg
b03aa78ee43639aff35bce5fbc3ae00a.jpg

Great recap and very solid gains with your new setup!

Great write up. I've been thinking about doing something similar. Hope you don't mind my asking , what was the cost for the fitting at CC?

Fun and exciting when stuff like this happens around here! Hope the results are even better now!

Back