The Epic Flash color scheme was tough at first but grew on me very quickly. With that said, it helps that it was one of the best drivers of all time.

If Dunlop made a driver that looked the same it would be a lot worse.
Yup, in the end for most performance always trumps paint. For most. Haha

The Epic Flash color scheme was tough at first but grew on me very quickly. With that said, it helps that it was one of the best drivers of all time.

If Dunlop made a driver that looked the same it would be a lot worse.

I remember talking with Cobra Golf when they released their driver in a myriad of colors. Which colors sell and which don't. I guess they eliminated polarizing by releasing just about every color haha.

Not much to me. My interested is peaked by performance.

I think it is a big deal. I keep clubs a long time so if I'm going to shell out money for them then I want them to look good to me. I've heard a lot of good things about the new Mavrick but there is no why I will rock that ugly burnt orange color.:sick:

I think it is a big deal. I keep clubs a long time so if I'm going to shell out money for them then I want them to look good to me. I've heard a lot of good things about the new Mavrick but there is no why I will rock that ugly burnt orange color.:sick:

I see Texans keep calling it burnt orange and I am unsure where that comes from other than dislike for a school that actually has burnt orange.
Maybe you dont like all shades of orange?

One of the best selling drivers over the past few years was the PING G400 and their colors were black and brown....so that tells me most don’t care about color scheme😆

I see Texans keep calling it burnt orange and I am unsure where that comes from other than dislike for a school that actually has burnt orange.
The hate for the University of Texas is strong, and rightfully so.

One of the best selling drivers over the past few years was the PING G400 and their colors were black and brown....so that tells me most don’t care about color scheme😆
I think copper appeals to more than most realize. But I love the convo because it shows how different we ALL are in our opinions and perceptions, and that is AWESOME.

I guess it depends on the color. I generally say no color does not matter. But the cobra orange drivers, the Nike Covert red drivers, made the drivers look cheap and seemed to take abuse quickly.

So, I guess the answer is no, it does not matter but keep it subtle.

I do not mind the Mav color. Or the epic for that matter.

I guess it depends on the color. I generally say no color does not matter. But the cobra orange drivers, the Nike Covert red drivers, made the drivers look cheap and seemed to take abuse quickly.

So, I guess the answer is no, it does not matter but keep it subtle.

I do not mind the Mav color. Or the epic for that matter.
But man. That Red sure POPPED on TV. Which is about all those drivers had going for them :p

If it's on the sole I really don't care anymore. The biggest thing to me is how it looks at address. I actually like some color and the old blue Cobra drivers are still some of my favorite looking drivers ever.

It matters minimally to me. I do think subconsciously, playing a club you like looking at, probably helps you just a little. But, if all brand new clubs were "murdered out", it would be kinda boring.

Black drivers & chrome irons. I don’t care for a lot of flash on my clubs but everyone is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a whole lot. I mean I will pay closer attention to a black club - like Wilson did with those C300's last year. But for the most part the overall look of the club is more important to me.

But man. That Red sure POPPED on TV. Which is about all those drivers had going for them :p

True.. easy to see what players had them in the bag.

I'll be honest that I'm not that much of a fan of orange but this shade is close enough to be considered burnt orange. It doesn't matter what you call it it still looks like S***!

Oh and Maroon is an ugly color too!:ROFLMAO:

I'll be honest that I'm not that much of a fan of orange but this shade is close enough to be considered burnt orange. It doesn't matter what you call it it still looks like S***!

Oh and Maroon is an ugly color too!:ROFLMAO:

Purple works well.

I think a lot of people are judging clubs by colors or schemes... If you look at Callaway, Mizuno, Nike, Cobra - different colors have worked and others get a lot of noise on this forum. Nike Blue and Mizuno Blue drivers. Some hated it and others are clamoring for it to come back. Even the Cobra yellow vs white on SZ shows that some people choose the club performance but want it in their colors.

I think the overwhelming trend now is colors for iron heads. Seems Hogan has gained a lot of followers because of the black irons and a finish that lasts... The Mizuno live chat and PGA show had people clamoring for copper and blue irons.

Its definitely polarizing as it divides the masses.

Some, It did with my last set but I am more of a function over form.
Picking golf equipment based solely on looks is probably not the best idea.

I like things that are orange; however, I haven’t noticed orange clubs going any further or straighter so it tends not to impact my club selection.

I actually thought the Coverts performed quite well. I think they were generally very unforgiving. All that mass forward created some pretty low spin if I remember correctly. the second version was more playable.

Not that much unless it is just really bad color that clashes.

I thought the cobra bio cell clubs were gorgeous and loved them.

I’d like to say I’m conservative in colors and think bland is good ... then look at Mymensingh golf bag which is bright yellow, red, and blue and that conservative thing goes out the window.

Performance is key... and attractiveness is second.

I like the colors on the Mavrik line but then again I also like corvettes in the atomic orange and Daytona orange colors too.

If it's a wood I don't care what color it is but I hate pretty much all color on an iron. Irons should be chrome-ish with maybe only a couple score lines, the number and a logo with paint fill. If it looks like something found on the toy aisle then that's a serious turnoff for me.

Back