Club Shipping Addresses

How many guys have multiple shipping addresses for their new sets of clubs so their wife doesn't find out? Last week I RACED home because I found out I used my home shipping address by mistake! Told my boss I had to get home because of a water leak. I hope I'm not the only guy. :bulgy-eyes:

haha, I have one. I work there during the day so I decide what the wife knows about, but I've got nothing to hide. She knows all about everything I own.

Thanks! I was wondering if I broke some rule about # of topics for a new member!

There is no such thing. We've got a mod team that can merge if a thread has already been discussed at depth.

Bring on the golf talk!!

Why is this guy trying to be a freedom fighter. It was a question. No one brought morals into it. I don’t think he recklessly drove home. The thing about his boss, you mean to tell me you’ve never been in a pinch before. Let it go dude

Sent from HTX

I don't go out of my way to mention new clubs arriving but I also don't hide it when the come to the house. You'd be surprised at the number of clubs or golf accessories I've "won" from contests from various websites that arrive at the house though, haha!

She's knows it's my thing though so it's not a problem. She has her hobbies and have have mine and as long as I don't say no to hers and the bills are taken care of we enjoy the things that we work for.

I'm usually so giddy when I get a new club that I could never keep it a secret anyways. I don't ask or tell my wife anything but I make no effort to hide it either.

I'm usually so giddy when I get a new club that I could never keep it a secret anyways. I don't ask or tell my wife anything but I make no effort to hide it either.

haha I am the same. Every once in a while she'll ask "why" but most of the time she's indifferent and just happy I'm happy.

I don't go out of my way to mention new clubs arriving but I also don't hide it when the come to the house. You'd be surprised at the number of clubs or golf accessories I've "won" from contests from various websites that arrive at the house though, haha!

She's knows it's my thing though so it's not a problem. She has her hobbies and have have mine and as long as I don't say no to hers and the bills are taken care of we enjoy the things that we work for.

I think I have too many sets is the problem. She drove over my MP-57 8 iron head which slid down from the wall....it ended up at a 45 degree angle against her front fender. I don't end up hiding purchases, but I like to delay the inevitable question: "what's wrong with all the other sets?". She gets it....it's a guy thing...lol

haha I am the same. Every once in a while she'll ask "why" but most of the time she's indifferent and just happy I'm happy.

I had a box show up the other day (wedge) and she's like "That better not be another *$#*&@ putter". I love her lol.

I had a box show up the other day (wedge) and she's like "That better not be another *$#*&@ putter". I love her lol.

If she says that again, I'd say "quit trying to give me ideas!!" hahahahaha

Nope. One address or local pick up. She has given me permission to buy whatever I want. I believe her exact words were, “it’s your money, do whatever you want with it.” Pretty hilarious if taken out of context, but she really doesn’t care as long as the bills get paid. She has her own budget and she buys whatever she wants so it goes both ways.

If she says that again, I'd say "quit trying to give me ideas!!" hahahahaha
I just told her not to look too closely at the next box that arrives hehe.

I'll chalk your comment up to an over-reaction. I try to refrain from personal attacks in a forum that is intended to be a lighthearted discussion about golf.

Yes, I started some threads to get a feel for the forum. 3 of like hundreds. What did my topics "stir up?" They're topics...that's it. I don't demand others agree or disagree with me. I post what i'm interested in the hope others might enjoy discussing. If not, the topic won't get any responses.

Fair enough. Apology offered to you and the site.

I disagree with your point of view in this thread, and was concerned that your actions might backfire on you, but I did over-react. I generally go out of the way to go the other direction (welcoming) to new posters and should not have added that comment particularly. If there were concerns, there are mods for that.

Last edited:
Nope. I spend money on what I want, the wife spends money on what she wants.

No need to hide anything at all.

Nope. One address or local pick up. She has given me permission to buy whatever I want. I believe her exact words were, “it’s your money, do whatever you want with it.” Pretty hilarious if taken out of context, but she really doesn’t care as long as the bills get paid. She has her own budget and she buys whatever she wants so it goes both ways.

And that’s how it should be! Cheers

If the bills are paid and the cash doesn’t interfere with any necessities and your tired of hearing the “what did you buy this time, you have enough clubs” conversation I get but if interferes with any bills or day to day spending it’s shady in my book.

what do you need new clubs for, you already have a set

what do you need all that makeup for, you're already married

60% of the time, every time

Nope. Everything comes to my house. My wife doesn't mind. She's pretty stellar.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

How many guys have multiple shipping addresses for their new sets of clubs so their wife doesn't find out? Last week I RACED home because I found out I used my home shipping address by mistake! Told my boss I had to get home because of a water leak. I hope I'm not the only guy. :bulgy-eyes:

I buy stuff and have it shipped to the house without telling my wife about the item I purchased. When it gets delivered and she finds it she just giggles because she knows how happy I am to get it, and when I'm happy she also becomes happy. She has come to realize that a happy hubby makes for a happy wife.

I've always been honest in my household. Good luck with all of that.

I pay for everything, so I don't worry about it generally, but sometimes if the wife and I haven't been seeing eye to eye and I don't want the additional headache, UPS/FedEx feature of holding at one of their stores for pickup can come in handy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My wife and I both have our own money and buy whatever we want within reason. She would be way more pissed if she found out I had intentionally hid something from her.

Back