Cobra AEROJET Drivers

Any images of what the PWR-BRIDGE looks like? I think I get it, but not totally sure.

Edit: thanks @jdtox

Great write-up @Jman! There are so many good releases and this one jumps right into a 3-way tie for the top spot :LOL:

It’s quick but kind of a 3D view of the internal construction

Pretty cool here

Great Write up @jman, I really like the looks of these. I do tend to favor where the weight ports are moon the max than the LS, they just seem too close together on it for me to think they will enhance the draw more. but then again, I ain't no engineer. Thanks you for the writ cup and i look forward to getting to hit one of these soon.

It looks better than I thought it would. I was pleasantly surprised. I had a hard time getting used the LTDx LS over the ball.

Looks fantastic!

one of the best crowns they produced imo

1673277597547.png

Is tour length still an option?

Last edited:
I need someone to explain this to me like I'm 3.

What does that flex mean? Well, more speed through more efficient energy creation and transfer to the golf ball

The LS is very likely to be a blind buy for me. At the Morgan Cup Jose told us the LS model was "LS on steroids" (meaning LTDx LS on steroids) and my ears perked up. Yags was talking about the speed gains and mentioned the gains are even higher for guys like Bryson and Kyle Berkshire because of the improved efficiency.

I've come to really prefer the Cobra/TM style of carbon insert on the crown of the driver. I've grown attached to the "Paradise Blue" but this looks solid too. Curious if going with the single black color means more limited edition colorways this year.

The new PWR bridge really has my mind spinning on future design possibilities. Hopefully we get some visuals of it as additional press comes out.
I feel the exact same about the standard Aerojet. Yags talking about the amount of forgiveness and consistency in this new setup with the increased performance had my attention. My LTDx has been on notice since that night. Now it’s final rounds are numbered. I am curious about some potential color ways that might come out. That could be the only thing that delays me in getting one.

That’s a great write up @Jman!!!

question. Any internal pictures of the internal PWR-Bridge? I’m picturing an internal structure right though the middle of the head that ends at the weight port on the back. Is my head in the right spot.

I need someone to explain this to me like I'm 3.
I thought I did that in the article. 🤣

It allows the energy at impact to be absorbed and reflected back to the ball more efficiently.

That’s a great write up @Jman!!!

question. Any internal pictures of the internal PWR-Bridge? I’m picturing an internal structure right though the middle of the head that ends at the weight port on the back. Is my head in the right spot.
It’s across the face, @jdtox found a picture and put it in here a bit back

Not a huge fan of the looks, but then again I've said that about a Cobra driver before and ended up playing one for a bit.

Not gonna lie, when I saw Aerojet my first thought was Aeroburner.

Great article @Jman! I’m definitely blind buying this after how good the ltdx was and this looks better imo.

This is one of the better looking drivers Ive seen in a while. Sole does look a little Fly-Z ish but thats not a bad thing at all.

Been really excited for Aerojet ever since the first chatter and leaks. Played the LTDx LS last year for about a month as a shorter 2nd driver, but never really as the main.

So, got a chance to check them out and wanted to try the LS 9 first. I recorded the first one for posterity. And so I can find it later. lol

Not the best, but I'd take that to start a round. Couple things about it. I wanted to hit it with the Kai'li White 60X stock option. I didn't like it when it came out last year in a different head, and ... I still don't. It's a bad fit for me. So I went to heat things up after that and even though I got the swing moving I was fighting for consistency with that shaft.

It's supposed to be about the heads though and not a shaft fit, so I wanted to see what the head really performed like in that setup with less me in the way. And if you caught in the video I forgot to switch off the 'Wedge' tag I was on from testing something else prior and the data was a total cluster from that anyway. So, I dialed it way back down, hit 6 with a kind of 3/4 pause swing and with a lot of focus managed to keep it pretty tight. One eh, but tried to work it up and down a little on a straight line.

View attachment 9149491

The details
Someone else hit in between and the machine got moved so I had to roll with being offline after I realized. I wasn't doing this a third time.

- Ball speed was real efficient for how much I backed down the swing. The first one up in that video was actually my only 1.46 efficiency of the entire session(s). Everything else was 1.47 or higher, even on some wandering strikes and not great results fighting that shaft. The speed forgiveness with that seems solid. Something to do with the suspended bridge and PWRSHELL flex maybe.
- It's low spin for me. Low. Had a few spooky ones that would require either more loft or hanging back and trying to launch a little higher in general.
- It sounds pretty good. That's pretty personal and I've been playing the TSR3 lately, which is quite different. At slow speed I think I prefer the TSR3. It gets a little duller knock at high speed though, and this I think actually starts sounding better over about 174. I honestly can't remember the LTDx sound profile well enough to compare.

Cobra drivers have never been my favorite over the ball. I like a smooth crown. Even baby turbulators turn me off a bit. And I like a rounder looking face vs. a straighter one usually. I also don't love looking at a carbon pattern. That said, I think these look pretty darn good. Better than I expected. I like the color and finish combinations, and the shape is nice. The toe doesn't look overly angular to me likje some. Sits well.

View attachment 9149492

The Aero shaping is really kind of cool. It'll take a direct comparison to see the benefits, but it sure looks and feels sleek. I had a couple pictures from the side but I can't seem to find them.

So end of the first LS chapter is that I put the stock Hzrdus Black X in it yesterday, that I am very comfortable with, and had an absolute blast. Saw a much more controllable flight and speed. I'll likely go with that as stock and have a couple backup options. The $549 price is low enough compared to some to make a difference too.

Hit the standard Aerojet a few times with the Hzrdus Black and that just seems like a damn good head. Again. I thought the LTDx was tragically underrated outside the forum. I'm excited to hit it more. And the LS now that it's more dialed. Little loft sleeve and weight adjustment, along with the better fit shaft had it showing some afterburners! Will try to do both soon and compare for me, but sticking with swing limits for now and there's been a ton of new stuff to hit the last couple weeks.

Look forward to hearing more people's thoughts as they get their hands on them!

That looks really good behind the ball.

I am trying to understand how the power bridge makes the sole less rigid? Or does it make the whole head less rigid?

This kind of reminds me of the F9 driver which if I remember was very popular

Back