Cobra AEROJET Irons

I'm setting up so that if I swing poorly, the miss is toe side, because the forgiveness there is fantastic.
It really is and it still surprises me. I have had some pretty bad misses out on the toe and end up being just 5-6yards short, which is just impressive to me.

Hit the irons really well yesterday. On hole 2, I pushed my drive a little right, and that brought some trees into play. My approach needed to stay a little lower with a little bit of a cut. I was about 200 yards from the flag and 215 to the center of the green. Hit 5 iron with a perfect low cut and it rolled up onto the green just past the center. I’ll take two putt pars on that hole any day. That was the shot of the day for me, because I was playing through a group and knew they were watching. Always nice to hit a good shot when playing through and the Aerojets make that easier. A LOT easier.

Here's something I never thought I would say... I'm thinking of getting a AJ 4iron.

I stopped playing long irons years ago, and rarely went past a 6iron. But, I am absolutely hammering the 5i in this set, Par 5 yesterday, 211 yards to the green, and I came up just short of the green (on a miss to boot). The 5i is just so forgiving, I am curious about having a 4i and being able to drop a hybrid or bridge the gap to my UW.

Just completely enamored with these irons, at the moment. And being able to confidently pull a 5i and see such great distance is something that is rare territory for me.

I think a 4i would be fun.

Here's something I never thought I would say... I'm thinking of getting a AJ 4iron.

I stopped playing long irons years ago, and rarely went past a 6iron. But, I am absolutely hammering the 5i in this set, Par 5 yesterday, 211 yards to the green, and I came up just short of the green (on a miss to boot). The 5i is just so forgiving, I am curious about having a 4i and being able to drop a hybrid or bridge the gap to my UW.

Just completely enamored with these irons, at the moment. And being able to confidently pull a 5i and see such great distance is something that is rare territory for me.

I think a 4i would be fun.
I am really glad to hear the irons are working well for you! They are fantastic.

I am really glad to hear the irons are working well for you! They are fantastic.
They have absolutely exceeded expectations. What a difference a few years can make. I loved my previous set, but they are an afterthought now.

They have absolutely exceeded expectations. What a difference a few years can make. I loved my previous set, but they are an afterthought now.
To think, @Nerdy and I have been telling the truth this entire time.

To think, @Nerdy and I have been telling the truth this entire time.
Oh I believed you guys, knew they were good, and going in knew that they were going to be phenomenal, but for it to be so instant and change my bag at the long iron spot is baffling.

It really is and it still surprises me. I have had some pretty bad misses out on the toe and end up being just 5-6yards short, which is just impressive to me.

That was one of the things that I noticed this season. I tend to miss out on the toe but I really didn't witness a dramatic loss in distance. Very forgiving irons. That's a big reason why they will be in the bag next season.

That was one of the things that I noticed this season. I tend to miss out on the toe but I really didn't witness a dramatic loss in distance. Very forgiving irons. That's a big reason why they will be in the bag next season.
I meant to take a picture of my 9i yesterday. I hit some awesome shots with it yesterday, including a 165 yard shot to about 3 feet from the pin. The wear pattern at the end of the round? All on the toe…

Oh I believed you guys, knew they were good, and going in knew that they were going to be phenomenal, but for it to be so instant and change my bag at the long iron spot is baffling.
I know you did. I was posting that more for the people who may just be passing through and think that I have been so high on them because of the Morgan Cup. They really are phenomenal clubs.

I meant to take a picture of my 9i yesterday. I hit some awesome shots with it yesterday, including a 165 yard shot to about 3 feet from the pin. The wear pattern at the end of the round? All on the toe…
My hole in one was a bit off the toe.

My hole in one was a bit off the toe.
Not a hole in one, but a big time GW, off the toe, a few inches behind the hole and spun it back and bounced off the pin and left me for about sure birdie make.

Closest golf shot I have had in a while on a full swing. Hit it high, dropped right behind the pin, we all thought I had just dunked an eagle.

Ball striking was pretty good today and the AJ irons are just fantastic when you put a decent swing on the ball. They're actually fantastic even when you don't. Had a few poorly struck shots today that ended up in far better position that they should have.

Also took a look around Edwin Watts yesterday and while looking at some of the other irons, I kept thinking about how great the Aerojets look at address. For a GI iron, they are pretty compact and I have just fallen in love with the looks.

Has anyone compared the Aerojet to the pxg 0211 irons?
And also , any feedback on how the older F8 irons compare to both as well?

Has anyone compared the Aerojet to the pxg 0211 irons?
And also , any feedback on how the older F8 irons compare to both as well?
I can’t compare them to the 0211 irons. But I have played both the F8 and the Aerojet. I think that the Aerojet irons are significantly better than the F8 irons. In the F8, I had a bit of difficulty controlling the distances of the wedges. In the Aerojets, the launch is significantly better, and the distance is longer. From my memory, the Aerojets also seem to look smaller at presentation, at least to my eye. I think the top line of the F8 was bigger. If I had to chose today, I would pick the Aerojet every time.

I would also note that I have struggled with the pwrshell in the past in tight lies. But with the Aerojets, I love the turf interaction in all conditions. They have been exceptional for me in the OL set, to the point that I have a set of King Tours that I haven’t put in the bag yet, just because I have been playing the Aerojets so well.

Has anyone played both these and the F Max Superlites? Can you compare? And how is feel on these?

Has anyone played both these and the F Max Superlites? Can you compare? And how is feel on these?
I can’t compare directly because I haven’t played the F Max Superlites, but I do notice that the Superlites will be weaker lofted throughout the lineup by about 1 club. Also, they are about 5 years older than the Aerojets, which is quite a bit technology-wise. If my memory is correct, they are the same model year as the F8s which I have played, and can say the Aerojets are far superior, most notably with respect to launch generated for me.

I suggested my father in law try them, and he did at his fitting. He is 67 I think. He loved them and ended up getting them with some regular flex graphite shafts. He’s not a super hard swinger and won’t stop raving about them.

As for feel, I love the feel of the Aerojets. They feel buttery and connected when struck, and both thin and toe strikes are not as harsh feeling as some other clubs. I personally prefer the feel over the Forged Tec irons.

Tell me more about this beauty of a club. Looking to add a driving iron type option to the top of the bag and doing something like is is intriguing to me.
it’s an Aerojet standard head (non-one-length) that I put a UST Mamiya Recoil Dart 90F4 shaft in, built 1/2” over standard length. It’s the third “version” of this club, having played a SpeedZone and an F9 in a similar configuration before.

It is such an easy club to hit. On well hit balls I can carry around 200, and still get it to draw. It’s really handy, especially on days where I’m not overly confident hitting driver. I tee it up a bit and let it fly. I love this club. The only thing that is close would be the Mizuno Fli-Hi in terms of ease of launch and distance.

it’s an Aerojet standard head (non-one-length) that I put a UST Mamiya Recoil Dart 90F4 shaft in, built 1/2” over standard length. It’s the third “version” of this club, having played a SpeedZone and an F9 in a similar configuration before.

It is such an easy club to hit. On well hit balls I can carry around 200, and still get it to draw. It’s really handy, especially on days where I’m not overly confident hitting driver. I tee it up a bit and let it fly. I love this club. The only thing that is close would be the Mizuno Fli-Hi in terms of ease of launch and distance.
The long irons in the Aerojet, IMO, is where these irons just really shine. Mid and short irons throw darts, and launch so easy, they are great. But, the 6,5,4 are game changers for those who typically prefer a hybrid over a long iron. I have hit more irons of the tee on shorter par 4s, as well as gone after more Par 5s in two with the long irons in the Aerojet since I put them in play than I have for years.

The fact that I can pull a 5i or a 4i, and confidently hit a higher launching shot, 200-220 yards is something that has been missing from my bag for quite some time.

The long irons in the Aerojet, IMO, is where these irons just really shine. Mid and short irons throw darts, and launch so easy, they are great. But, the 6,5,4 are game changers for those who typically prefer a hybrid over a long iron. I have hit more irons of the tee on shorter par 4s, as well as gone after more Par 5s in two with the long irons in the Aerojet since I put them in play than I have for years.

The fact that I can pull a 5i or a 4i, and confidently hit a higher launching shot, 200-220 yards is something that has been missing from my bag for quite some time.
I find the Aerojet OL short irons to be such a drastic improvement over the F9 set. The launch I get on them is exceptional. I really struggled with that in my prior OL experience, and now it’s become a real positive for me.

Is it wierd I may add the 4 iron and then play a few hybrids 🤣

I added a 4i and my hybrids are collecting dust.

Go straight from my 21* UW to my 4i. It's lovely.

Not at all. I have a 4H as well and sometimes it goes in the bag in place of either my 5 iron or my 52 wedge. I think it makes a lot of sense. It would just depend on the distance you see with the 4i.

And if you don’t want to go through the hassle of a build, you can order it right from cobra with a Catalyst shaft. I did that with my order just to try it and it was really, really good.

Not at all. I have a 4H as well and sometimes it goes in the bag in place of either my 5 iron or my 52 wedge. I think it makes a lot of sense. It would just depend on the distance you see with the 4i.

And if you don’t want to go through the hassle of a build, you can order it right from cobra with a Catalyst shaft. I did that with my order just to try it and it was really, really good.
I like to build but sometimes I like hitting the easy button.

I’ve never gamed Catalyst before. How would you describe it? What shafts have you been fit into befor?

Back