Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

Got my order in yesterday. Can't wait to game these bad boys.

Hybrid Selection: Amp Cell 2/3 orange 4/5 silver
Loft(s): 2/3 4/5
Lie: standard
Length: standard
Shaft Selection: 1st Graphite Design Tour Ad Di 75 2nd Kuro Kage 80 Black 3rd Matrix Radix S 8 Hybrid
Shaft Flex: stiff
Grip Selection: Golf Pride Multi Compound White/Black Mid size logo up on 18* and *22
Dexterity: Right

Fairway Wood Selection: Amp Cell Red
Loft (s): 3/4
Shaft Flex/Shaft Selection: Option 1- Graphite Design G Series 60 Stiff Option 2- matrix ozik 6x3 white tie stiff Option 3- Aldila rip beta white 60 stiff
Grip: Golf Pride Multi Compound White/Black Mid size logo up on 14*

sweet another staffer that will have all 4 colors in the bag! Love it.

sweet another staffer that will have all 4 colors in the bag! Love it.
I liked them all and figured it would be cool to have one of each to show folks on the course who might be pondering Cobra clubs.

I liked them all and figured it would be cool to have one of each to show folks on the course who might be pondering Cobra clubs.

I'm the same way. I thought they all looked good. Needed to have all 4 in the bag. I'm pretty excited about my orange 3 wood.

I'm the same way. I thought they all looked good. Needed to have all 4 in the bag. I'm pretty excited about my orange 3 wood.

me too. :alien:

My R7 4 22* Rescue is on its last leg and I'm really considering the Blue (my fav color) 4H-5H, but I feel I need some sort of custom fitting and no one around here has anything related to fitting and Cobra golf... Hmmmm !!!

Last edited:
Got my order in yesterday. Can't wait to game these bad boys.

Hybrid Selection: Amp Cell 2/3 orange 4/5 silver
Loft(s): 2/3 4/5
Shaft Selection: 1st Graphite Design Tour Ad Di 75 2nd Kuro Kage 80 Black 3rd Matrix Radix S 8 Hybrid
Shaft Flex: stiff
Grip Selection: Golf Pride Multi Compound White/Black Mid size logo up on 18* and *22

Fairway Wood Selection: Amp Cell Red
Loft (s): 3/4
Shaft Flex/Shaft Selection: Option 1- Graphite Design G Series 60 Stiff Option 2- matrix ozik 6x3 white tie stiff Option 3- Aldila rip beta white 60 stiff
Grip: Golf Pride Multi Compound White/Black Mid size logo up on 14*

Nice options! You are going to rock those!

I played with the Fit N Fly app on my phone, and one of the clubs it suggested was a 5/7 Fairway set at 5+. Can anyone tell me what loft the 5+ is? Thanks!

Thank you! I've been trying to find a chart or something that would tell me the different lofts for a given setting for both the fairways and the hybrids but haven't tripped across anything yet.

Thank you! I've been trying to find a chart or something that would tell me the different lofts for a given setting for both the fairways and the hybrids but haven't tripped across anything yet.

Fairway woods:

• 3-4 FWY 3+ = 13°, 3=14°, 3D=14° Draw, 4+=15°, 4+D=15° Draw, 4=16° *
  • 5-7 FWY 5+=17°, 5=18°, 5D=18° Draw, 7+=19°,7+D=19° Draw, 7=20°

Hybrids

• 2–3 H 2+=16°, 2=17°, 2D=17° Draw, 3+=18°, 3+D18° Draw, 3=19° *
  • 3–4 H 3+=19°, 3=20°, 3D=20° Draw, 4+=21°, 4+D=21° Draw, 4=22° *
  • 4–5 H 4+=22°, 4=23°, 4D=23° Draw, 5+=24°, 5+D=24° Draw, 5=25° *

I'm ready to crank the 3w down to 13 right now and just use it to tee off all the time

Fairway woods:

• 3-4 FWY 3+ = 13°, 3=14°, 3D=14° Draw, 4+=15°, 4+D=15° Draw, 4=16° *
  • 5-7 FWY 5+=17°, 5=18°, 5D=18° Draw, 7+=19°,7+D=19° Draw, 7=20°

Hybrids

• 2–3 H 2+=16°, 2=17°, 2D=17° Draw, 3+=18°, 3+D18° Draw, 3=19° *
  • 3–4 H 3+=19°, 3=20°, 3D=20° Draw, 4+=21°, 4+D=21° Draw, 4=22° *
  • 4–5 H 4+=22°, 4=23°, 4D=23° Draw, 5+=24°, 5+D=24° Draw, 5=25° *

Super sweet, thanks!

I'm ready to crank the 3w down to 13 right now and just use it to tee off all the time

I have mine set at 13* and it is great off the tee and off the deck. Dont let the low loft scare you from hitting it off the deck, the head generates a good amount of spin to give the ball a nice mid ball flight off the fairway. This fairway has produced more eagle chances in the last month than I have had in the last year. (10 eagle chances) (ive made 3).

Tapatalking from the bottom of the cup.

That's my exact plans with my 14* 3 wood. A great driver replacement!

I have mine set at 13* and it is great off the tee and off the deck. Dont let the low loft scare you from hitting it off the deck, the head generates a good amount of spin to give the ball a nice mid ball flight off the fairway. This fairway has produced more eagle chances in the last month than I have had in the last year. (10 eagle chances) (ive made 3).

that's what I like to hear. I currently have a 14 degree 3 wood and am comfortable with that off the deck and tee. Getting off the tee with the driver is an issue right now but if I could swap this in it's place I'll be happy.

that's what I like to hear. I currently have a 14 degree 3 wood and am comfortable with that off the deck and tee. Getting off the tee with the driver is an issue right now but if I could swap this in it's place I'll be happy.

Def. give it a shot, I set it to 13° as soon as I bought it and haven't thought about changing it. Its great off the tee and fantastic off the deck. Amp cell fairway is def. the sleeper fairway of the year. Highly underrated. My opinion is, if people dont give it a chance its their loss.

I can't wait to have my two woods and two hybrids in the bag, I need to figure out some better clubs to hit off the tee when I know I need to be in the fairway on a hole. Strategy has become very key for my game and having options off the tee really helps with that!

Got the Cell after I bought the driver. I know this sounds cliche but from the get go I'm hitting this FW incredibly well !! for the last year a FW has been a struggle for me, it's been hit or miss. I'm not having any trouble getting it airborne & the contact always seem solid. Guys I play with tell me it's been the best I've it aFw.
I got it in silver because I thought blue, the color of my driver, might be a lil bit distracting on the deck. Besides the 2 color combo matches my bag lol. OH!! The best part is worth trade ins & coupon I had, I got it from Dick's for $56!!!! :beer:

tapin from my big as note 2

Got the Cell after I bought the driver. I know this sounds cliche but from the get go I'm hitting this FW incredibly well !! for the last year a FW has been a struggle for me, it's been hit or miss. I'm not having any trouble getting it airborne & the contact always seem solid. Guys I play with tell me it's been the best I've it aFw.
I got it in silver because I thought blue, the color of my driver, might be a lil bit distracting on the deck. Besides the 2 color combo matches my bag lol. OH!! The best part is worth trade ins & coupon I had, I got it from Dick's for $56!!!! :beer:

tapin from my big as note 2
Glad you're getting dialed in Bulldog! I can't wait to give mine a go.

I placed my order today for the 5/7 Fairway in blue of course. Can't wait for it to get here and try it out, since I liked the driver so much. I'll probably set it to 7 Wood loft, since I seem to get in a lot of situations where I need that nice 200 yard distance and I've missed having a 7 Wood in my bag for quite a while.

Depending on the budget, I may be picking up the 3/4 hybrid as well in blue. They have those on the shelf, so no need to order it.

Just picked up a great second hand bargain 5-7 wood and love it.

First hole, par 5 and I had about 270 to the pin. Pulled the Amp Cell (set to 5 wood) out and put a perfect swing on it that finished pin high left of the green....

Just need to get a 3-4 now and I'll have the full set :act-up:

Going to hit a 3/4 next week. Since adding a new driver my one local course that my work plays on had three par 4s that I can now no longer hit driver on as I am long and OB. It would be nice to set this at 13 or 14 and be able to reach them and then turn it to 16 for my rounds on other courses where par 4s don't play 270.

Back