Cobra DARKSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
DARKSPEED is a big release for Cobra golf, so there should be no surprise to see a full complement of fairway woods and hybrids. Utilizing PWR-BRIDGE weighting, PWRSHELL with H.O.T. FACE, and carbon fiber crown technologies, these metal woods offer increased speed, distance, and forgiveness to golfers. Each fairway comes equipped with MyFly8 Adjustable Loft Technology, allowing golfers to easily adjust the loft to meet their launch and spin requirements.

Cobra-DARKSPEED-Fairway-Woods-and-Hybrids-1.jpg

DARKSPEED LS 

The DARKSPEED LS fairway wood is designed for golfers with faster swing speeds and is equipped with a space-grade titanium body and a titanium PWRSHELL H.O.T. FACE insert. Using titanium in this design helped Cobra R&D save discretionary weight and reallocate it to a lower and forward position in the head. Combining 68 grams of tungsten and PWR-BRIDGE technology helps shift the CG...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go!!!

I love the look of the hybrids. They feel so satisfying to hit with a nice sound as well. The shaft I tested them in wasn’t a fit but get that dialed and watch out. They are going to be good. I’ve got a few more to test but they have big potential.

I tested it in a 4h and I’ll say that compared to a couple other 4h I tested it didn’t seem as large. I didn’t measure them directly but I think it was more the blacked out finish that could have been giving sleek and small. What it was I liked and appreciated it.

I left the face wide open on this one but it shows a little potential
IMG_7977.jpeg
IMG_7974.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice and the shaft choices are awesome. I also like the adjustability.

Really intriguing lineup! I kind of like that each FW line has their own lofts. I'm thinking a LS 5W + standard 7W...

And the thought of continuing with a 6h is strong.

Great article @ddec !!

Great writeup @ddec Absolutely loving the look of these, really like the continuation of the Max and LS to differentiate heads. The fairways and hybrids with the matte black crowns look amazing cannot wait to hit these. Also excited to try out the stock UST Lin_Q shafts, I have not hit those before.

Great write up. I saw these yesterday, they look so good.

I love the look of the hybrids. They feel so satisfying to hit with a nice sound as well. The shaft I tested them in wasn’t a fit but get that dialed and watch out. They are going to be good. I’ve got a few more to test but they have big potential.

I tested it in a 4h and I’ll say that compared to a couple other 4h I tested it didn’t seem as large. I didn’t measure them directly but I think it was more the blacked out finish that could have been giving sleek and small. What it was I liked and appreciated it.

I left the face wide open on this one but it shows a little potential
View attachment 9235662
Pretty incredible ballspeed for that strike

Yes! Give me all the matte black! Those hybrids look mean and I love the shaping and bonded hosel.

Pretty incredible ballspeed for that strike
Yeah strike was poor but like I said it shows it’s potential with the right setup and a good swing on it.

Looking forward to seeing these fwy's at address. Typically I lean toward the LS models and I'm guessing this will be no different

These have my attention!

Great write up @ddec

I think the Cobra FW and hybrid lineup is potentially they most underrated product line in all of golf. They have been excellent for me in the past and always provide high strait flight and stopping power. Offering a 7 hybrid is also amazing for this #TeamHeadcovers guy.

Glad they stuck with bonded hosels, opens up performance benefits elsewhere and from someone who has a 4, 5, and 6 hybrid in the bag from a prior line Cobra knows how to nail the gapping.

Last edited:
Glad they stuck with bonded hosels, opens up performance benefits elsewhere and from someone who has a 4, 5, and 6 hybrid in the bag from a prior line Cobra knows how to mail the gapping.
Nail or air mail? 😉

The Aerojet Max is probably my favorite fairway wood that I've played. This one will definitely be on my list of things to try this year. Maybe I'll lose the 3 hybrid and go with a 5 wood this time. Hmm...:unsure:

Glad they stuck with bonded hosels, opens up performance benefits elsewhere and from someone who has a 4, 5, and 6 hybrid in the bag from a prior line Cobra knows how to mail the gapping.
What do you think about the new 7H?

What do you think about the new 7H?
I’m intrigued, especially with the shaping of these. It looks like it is punch friendly when needing to bring the ball down

I hope these are out at the Golf Exchange expo in Dayton this weekend. I desperately want to try putting a better swing on this hybrid and see what kind of numbers I get. I'm expecting to be blown away if I'm honest.

I’m intrigued, especially with the shaping of these. It looks like it is punch friendly when needing to bring the ball down
How deep are you planning to go with the hybrid this year?

I was thinking of maybe going to a 5.

These things look SO good. Cobra is doing things right

Great article! Love love love the shaft pairings with these!

That LS fairway sounds like an absolute cannon. 68 grams of tungsten :oops:

Back