Cobra DARKSPEED Irons

Saw these in person. The size, finish, and cavity are all top notch imo.
They are really nicely put together, and the feel is very solid. Liking the 6 iron I picked up.

I hit theses irons yesterday and I was really impressed. The finish looks amazing and they don't look like your traditional GI irons.
I def picked up a few yards from the LTDx irons and Now I have a decision to make.

I realize spin is estimated here but I'd love to know the real spin on that shot because that certainly seems like a lot of spin for this profile of iron, though I guess you are hitting down on it quite a bit.
I'm good at hitting down on golf balls..... but, yeah, curious to that point as well. I'm really curious to play an iron like this but would want that spin confirmation.

I'm good at hitting down on golf balls..... but, yeah, curious to that point as well. I'm really curious to play an iron like this but would want that spin confirmation.
If those irons produced that kind of spin I'd be very surprised but if they did they would certainly could have a spot in my bag haha

If those irons produced that kind of spin I'd be very surprised but if they did they would certainly could have a spot in my bag haha
Trackman italicized is ******* terrible.

Trackman italicized is ******* terrible.
Do you think height, descent and carry is pretty accurate?

Do you think height, descent and carry is pretty accurate?
Im sure some of it is and certainly it depends on if the ball is RCT or not or anything.
But I struggle so much with Trackman indoors in total.

Im sure some of it is and certainly it depends on if the ball is RCT or not or anything.
But I struggle so much with Trackman indoors in total.
Thanks, sounds like I need to head to the outdoor range to compare ball flights side by side with my current irons.

Ponder today was a 4 iron to act as that tee ball fairway finder that runs kinda club

Order a 7i with my standard specs to see how it compared to my gamers. No. It's a smaller head than I expected, but for my swing speed, it does not perform as good as those in the bag - T350's. Spin is a little better, but distance, even with the stronger lofts, is 5 - 10 yards shorter for me. Feel is nice, but I can't sacrifice the distance.

I wonder if a forged tech update is coming.

As with the new Cleveland XLs, i am really eager to give these a workout. Maybe a bit more forgiveness Ana bit more distance. If so, would make a big difference.

Order a 7i with my standard specs to see how it compared to my gamers. No. It's a smaller head than I expected, but for my swing speed, it does not perform as good as those in the bag - T350's. Spin is a little better, but distance, even with the stronger lofts, is 5 - 10 yards shorter for me. Feel is nice, but I can't sacrifice the distance.
Shorter, wow, same shaft and other specs,

Shorter is def a surprise. Maybe a different shaft?
I know I bombed a couple with the 7i and I think they felt really nice.

I am like @Scooby45 and want to add a 4i back into the bag.

In hand I maintain this is one of the best finishes on this segment of irons

In hand I maintain this is one of the best finishes on this segment of irons
I could not agree more. Gorgeous & different.

***A little odd: It almost makes me think of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers helmet color.

***A little odd: It almost makes me think of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers helmet color.
It’s got some pewter there for sure

During the emergency putter regrip, I was able to see these in hand, and they really look good.
I like the gunmetal looking finish.

Going to lose some people with talk like that haha

Seriously though the finish is really good in hand.
IMG_5436.jpeg

I am excited to get my hands on the Darkspeed driver again and, for the first time, the fairways and hybrids, but...I honestly am as anxious to spend more time with these as anything. I in no way expected them to be "bad", but was pleasantly enough surprised that these irons have been living rent-free in my head for the past few weeks. Seriously good looking and so easy (and pleasing) to hit. I expect these to surprise some folks, if given a fair look.

I've spent breakfast time watching DS iron reviews. The sound seems very nice too, apart from the beautiful looks.

I am excited to get my hands on the Darkspeed driver again and, for the first time, the fairways and hybrids, but...I honestly am as anxious to spend more time with these as anything. I in no way expected them to be "bad", but was pleasantly enough surprised that these irons have been living rent-free in my head for the past few weeks. Seriously good looking and so easy (and pleasing) to hit. I expect these to surprise some folks, if given a fair look.
I hope that people consider these. Cobra is putting out some very good. Looks and performance both covered by the DarkSpeed release whether it be woods or irons. These would be in the bag if I were considering new irons.

Back