COBRA KING 3D Printed and Vintage Series Putters

Was crazy. Hit another bunch of long ones again today. Can't wait for the black one to come though golf season key fine for 3 months here in the great white north. But will get a lot of basement practice.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

Finally had a sub 33 putt round with the Widesport, with the 0° toe hang of this putter you have to be straight back and straight through… I’m getting used to it.
Love to hear this. Love the look of this putter! Would 100% be my choice if I was selected to play in the MC.

On the putting mat, the Cuda-40 has been impressive. I've been playing a Stroke Lab and wasn't sure how going back to a steel shaft would feel but love the balance of the Cuda. Impact feels so solid.

Well it arrived today. Black Face balanced Agera. A big beauty! Sets up much better than the slant neck.
While I love slant neck on the spider it just didn't work with this head.

Interesting that 2 things have changed from the original silver color and the black besides the obvious.

1. Grip is a superstroke 2.0 from a previous Lamkin Model that had a Arccos sensor.
This has 2 effects. The shape is a bit different the original was flatter on top and I think I preferred that. It also weighs more than the original. Checked it out at Golftown and swing weight is E2on the black and F2 on the Silver. Big jump but both heavy. Testing both on the carpet didn't see much noticeBke difference.
Also because of the grip cap on the SS grip it actually plays 1/4 inch longer than the silver.

2. Shaft went from a CT tour 120 KBs to. Stepped KBS 120 gram shaft. I am sure the stepless is preferable but again no noticeable difference in feel or roll. This was true of same 2 shafts in 2 slant neck spider x hydroblast I putted with.

Am curious if everyone has stayed with the original grips or moved on.
My favorite OEM grip was on the spider tour and was a GTR 1.0 superstore which was a bit more angular in shape than the newer TM ones.

Can't wait for spring because rolling on my putting Matt and some trips to golftown where I can roll some 30 footers is getting me jazzed for the season.

Well it arrived today. Black Face balanced Agera. A big beauty! Sets up much better than the slant neck.
While I love slant neck on the spider it just didn't work with this head.

Interesting that 2 things have changed from the original silver color and the black besides the obvious.

1. Grip is a superstroke 2.0 from a previous Lamkin Model that had a Arccos sensor.
This has 2 effects. The shape is a bit different the original was flatter on top and I think I preferred that. It also weighs more than the original. Checked it out at Golftown and swing weight is E2on the black and F2 on the Silver. Big jump but both heavy. Testing both on the carpet didn't see much noticeBke difference.
Also because of the grip cap on the SS grip it actually plays 1/4 inch longer than the silver.

2. Shaft went from a CT tour 120 KBs to. Stepped KBS 120 gram shaft. I am sure the stepless is preferable but again no noticeable difference in feel or roll. This was true of same 2 shafts in 2 slant neck spider x hydroblast I putted with.

Am curious if everyone has stayed with the original grips or moved on.
My favorite OEM grip was on the spider tour and was a GTR 1.0 superstore which was a bit more angular in shape than the newer TM ones.

Can't wait for spring because rolling on my putting Matt and some trips to golftown where I can roll some 30 footers is getting me jazzed for the season.

I moved on grip wise. I liked the feel of the stock but I’ve played a pistol style grip my entire life and just couldn’t adjust.

I moved on grip wise. I liked the feel of the stock but I’ve played a pistol style grip my entire life and just couldn’t adjust.
Which grip was on yours? Lamkin or superstroke? You still have original? Which one to replace and at what weight?

Which grip was on yours? Lamkin or superstroke? You still have original? Which one to replace and at what weight?
I had both and replaced both. I used the superstoke weights to get close to the weight of the stock grip because I enjoyed the weightin.

unfortunately I don’t have the originals anymore

The Super Nova made an appearance at the simulator today. Still feels and rolls great. I plan on alternating this and the Odyssey 11 this upcoming season.

The grip is in bad shape, but thats cheaper than a new putter.

If I play tomorrow, might put the Agera back in play just to mix it up. Missing 4/5 putts inside 12ft (not counting the tap in’s) really pisses me off, and sometimes things need to be benched.

By that, I mean both putters will be in the bag and then something just goes back into the car. Let’s not be crazy here.

Review after 30 seconds of putting...

Seems to fix the feel/hollow/rebound concern I've had with both vintage cobras I've had. 🧐

Your reviews are making it hard to wait while I try to get a top line milled in mine….

I had both and replaced both. I used the superstoke weights to get close to the weight of the stock grip because I enjoyed the weightin.

unfortunately I don’t have the originals anymore
What do you use now for a grip?

If I play tomorrow, might put the Agera back in play just to mix it up. Missing 4/5 putts inside 12ft (not counting the tap in’s) really pisses me off, and sometimes things need to be benched.

By that, I mean both putters will be in the bag and then something just goes back into the car. Let’s not be crazy here.
Loving the look of the Agera black. Might want to cut it down an inch and go lighter grip to keep up swing weight. Would love to find the Cobra Lamkin grip as it is much lighter I think than superstroke.

Loving the look of the Agera black. Might want to cut it down an inch and go lighter grip to keep up swing weight. Would love to find the Cobra Lamkin grip as it is much lighter I think than superstroke.

Cobra’s website says the Lamkin is 99g and the SuperStroke is 55g

Got to play 14 holes today with Agera 30 (slant neck) today. 10min on practice green and headed straight to first tee.
Pin placement was toughest I’ve seen.
Left many putt 3-5ft range due to pin placement. Was almost impossible to get close to pin. Some made u-turn and came back down. Best part was no 3 putts. I made every one of them. Is it the putter? I like to think so. Putter felt so stable on short delicate putts. Didn’t made any bombs but I felt very confident that I could run it by 3-4 ft and know I can make the come back.
Ball clicks off the face nicely (Vice Pro plus) Ball glides on green without any skidding. Maybe it’s SIK face working but I didn’t hear one time on long putts. Putter looks huge and awkward compare to my Newport 2 and Chicago. But it sure feels rock solid. So stable going back and forth.
Headcover is HUGE!!! I’m gonna find something slimmer or make one. It just too big and bulky.
Great putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra’s website says the Lamkin is 99g and the SuperStroke is 55g
You are right had them backwards.
Can't understand how the black model which has the SS came in a full 10 swingweight points lighter at same shaft length.
E2 vs F2

Back