COBRA KING 3D Printed and Vintage Series Putters

Where would I be able to buy that and is it hard to do?

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

I would agree that most of them are but the Supernova I think will surprise you
The Supernova was definitely smaller than I expected from the pictures.

Are you talking to me about the heat shrink ?

I really want to love my Agera. I love the look of it and in the golf town when I demo it in real conditions it beats out everything they have on the rack.

On my putting Matt perfect practice it comes in last place.

My Cobra Grace Lo pro managed 29 consecutive putt.
My Mizuno Craft 4 hit 3
Spider X hit 24
Cobra Agera16
Evnroll ER2B 20

Every now and then it just pushes and pulls a nice roll putt off line. And once out of every 15 or 20 it comes off the face funny as if it it the groove on the Sic face between the loft face and is weirdly off line.

I have cadet small hands and all the other putters have grips that are smaller with my favorite being in the Spider X. Love the GTR 1.0

Tried putting a 40 gram scre in head as a test counter weight as the Agera swingweights at F2 compared to the silver model with heavier Lamkin grip which is E2. Felt a bit more stable but results not that different.

Club is new only rolled on carpet and plastic still on grip.

Might sell or trade it for something....

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk
Hmm I have not noticed and come off the face weird.

The Supernova was definitely smaller than I expected from the pictures.
I was expecting the Nova to be like an Odyssey 7 in size, and the Supernova to be oversized. But the Nova was closer to the 7 Nano and the Supernova was pretty similar to the 7.

I still have yet to see a Cobra putter. I'm not a fan of the bigger mallets and I don't know how I would do with the Agera or Stingray. Without seeing the Supernova, I don't know how I would do with that. It looks a little big for me. I'd prefer a mid mallet with toe hang.
I thought the Agera looked and felt massive too. When I rolled a few of the putters at PGASS it just made more than the others. It didn’t take long for me to get used to it though. Probably didn’t hurt that my first 9 holes with it I only had 10 putts and made everything thing haha.

I thought the Agera looked and felt massive too. When I rolled a few of the putters at PGASS it just made more than the others. It didn’t take long for me to get used to it though. Probably didn’t hurt that my first 9 holes with it I only had 10 putts and made everything thing haha.

I would be willing to give it a look.

Just wondering how hard it is. Would love to make the shaft black.

I have black Agera it swingweights F2 compared to the silver with the heavier grip at E2.
Tried a counter core 50 gram weight. Seemed maybe more stable.
I am finding a hard time finding correct ball position. Maybe it is the shaft . I a used to slant necks and the single bed seems to have more offset and I tend to play ball too far back may e why I am having pushes and pulls.

Tried moving ball position up a bit and seems more consistent even if it looks a bit off.
Still not crazy about the super stroke tour 2.0 grip.
I prefer the GTR 1.0 on the Spider.
Might also try a flatso.
Would love to hear what grips and weights of grips peoe are trying on their Cobra putters.

Just wondering how hard it is. Would love to make the shaft black.

I just buy 10 foot pieces of black (they sell other colors too) 5/8" heat shrink off of ebay or Amazon. Just make sure it doesn't have any writing on it as some heat shrink has letters/numbers printed on it.

To do it:
Cut off the old grip or remove and save it (I have a removal tool, so if the grip is still good I use it again).
Slide the shrink over the shaft and cut the heat shrink to length (I usually make it just long enough to go under the first part of the grip). Cut a little longer than anticipated because heat shrink, well shrinks a little once the heat is on it.
Use a heat gun to heat up the shrink so it shrinks down around the shaft
Install the new or old grip (if you save it)

Pretty easy peasy if you do your own grip installs.

Would love to hear what grips and weights of grips peoe are trying on their Cobra putters.
On my Vintage Widesport I put a Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro Firm 75cc grip which is 71.5g. It came with 2 10g weights but I swapped them out for 25g weights.
I play my putter at 32.25" so it got really light feeling. The extra weight and heat shrink on the shaft added maybe 6-8g of weight too to help make it feel heavier.
I would have to see what it swing weights at later once I get home.

How durable is the heat shrink tubing in all around usage?

I've thought about doing this, but didn't know how it would stand up to day to day use.
I have used it on my 64* wedge for about 3 -4 years now. Once I get a minute I wilk take a picture and upload it. No rips or tears in the shrink but from sliding it into the bag and out, you can definitely see some marking on the shrink. but once you view it from about 2' away or at address its not noticeable to my eye. and the good thing is, if it would ever rip or tear you just remove and put a new piece on.

How durable is the heat shrink tubing in all around usage?

I've thought about doing this, but didn't know how it would stand up to day to day use.
Here’s the pic of my wedge. For 3-4 yrs of use I think it still looks nice.

22E2728D-4242-40A5-B404-9B4C839583F4.jpeg424519DA-71D7-47B8-9E33-E330F1FBB636.jpegEA455BA3-2D49-497A-BD53-3F0EC2B18C09.jpeg

I spent some time today with the Cobra putter they had at the golf store nearby. They had several models, but unfortunately none in LH. So, I just rolled putts right-handed at least to get a feel of the ball off the face and how each felt in hand and to my eyes.

A few takeaways for me...

I really like the feel off the face and the roll it puts on the ball.
The Agera just looks so big to me looking down on it, but the Supernova strangely didn't bother me that much. The overall size profile of the Agera and Supernova is pretty darn close, but somehow having that center part cut out just helps to me. It's strange.
The Vintage Cuda is right there with the Agera in just not suiting my eye.
Was surprised to quite like the Vintage Torino.
The Vintage Widesport is still one of my favorites along with the Vintage Nova.
The Grandsport really looks interesting, but they had them all locked up so I couldn't roll one.

So with what I've been able to roll I'm still liking the Vintage Nova and Vintage Widesport the most. However, the Supernova and Vintage Torino have crept into possible consideration. I think I could get along with any of those and be super happy all said.

I spent some time today with the Cobra putter they had at the golf store nearby. They had several models, but unfortunately none in LH. So, I just rolled putts right-handed at least to get a feel of the ball off the face and how each felt in hand and to my eyes.

A few takeaways for me...

I really like the feel off the face and the roll it puts on the ball.
The Agera just looks so big to me looking down on it, but the Supernova strangely didn't bother me that much. The overall size profile of the Agera and Supernova is pretty darn close, but somehow having that center part cut out just helps to me. It's strange.
The Vintage Cuda is right there with the Agera in just not suiting my eye.
Was surprised to quite like the Vintage Torino.
The Vintage Widesport is still one of my favorites along with the Vintage Nova.
The Grandsport really looks interesting, but they had them all locked up so I couldn't roll one.

So with what I've been able to roll I'm still liking the Vintage Nova and Vintage Widesport the most. However, the Supernova and Vintage Torino have crept into possible consideration. I think I could get along with any of those and be super happy all said.
The Torino is very similar to what I typically game. I could put it in the bag tomorrow and be comfortable. Having pkayed a round with the Supernova though, I was really impressed with the feel and roll. I putt quite well with it and right now the 2 are neck and neck for me

Just a FYI, if your want a vintage in a longer length or grip, you can get one. Just have your cobra account call in a custom. Ordered a 37” cuda with a SS 2.0XL. Used the custom options from a different dealer website for then supernova to see selections.

Has anyone had the lie angle flattened on the Agera or supernova single bend?
I seem to putt best when the toe is very slightly in the air and am wondering if flattening it a degree or so would be beneficial but am worried it is difficult or can damage the head.

Also if I were to shorten shaft a half inch or so would that make lie flatter ?

The Torino is very similar to what I typically game. I could put it in the bag tomorrow and be comfortable. Having pkayed a round with the Supernova though, I was really impressed with the feel and roll. I putt quite well with it and right now the 2 are neck and neck for me
We can fix this next week if you want more on course time with the supernova

Has anyone had the lie angle flattened on the Agera or supernova single bend?
I seem to putt best when the toe is very slightly in the air and am wondering if flattening it a degree or so would be beneficial but am worried it is difficult or can damage the head.

Also if I were to shorten shaft a half inch or so would that make lie flatter ?

I had the Supernova bent 1-2 up with no issues.

This putter line is so good. Hole was looking big today. If you are in the market try to go find one to roll.

You know I'm not going to say no to that
It’s rolling well for me at the moment but the Sport-20 needs an extended run, and if it helps Paradise I’m in :cool:

Back