Cobra KING F6 Driver Preview

Wow that blue looks awesome! Super sharp looking driver, need to find a way to hit this soon.

Any idea when shops will get clubs for demo/fitting? I know pre-order starts 1/1 and will be in stores slightly after on 1/15. I'd love to be able to try and hit one and see how it compares to my Fly Z.

First week of January is what I am hearing.
If you want to hold off, the THP Event is coming to your area in the summer and you can test mine on the course.

Man that looks awesome. Cobra sure does know how to do colors on their woods. That pops really nice. Definitely interested to hit this one and see how it feels vs. my gamer.

Should have a full review thread up on this one tomorrow as it'll arrive then.

Should have a full review thread up on this one tomorrow as it'll arrive then.

Can't wait to see what your thoughts are on this club. Couple of the workers at one of the local golf shops I go to said that this club is going to be awesome.

Can't wait to see what your thoughts are on this club. Couple of the workers at one of the local golf shops I go to said that this club is going to be awesome.

Me, too. The manager of the superstore I go to said it is no improvement over the Fly-Z.

Me, too. The manager of the superstore I go to said it is no improvement over the Fly-Z.

That is interesting, because it is such a different driver. Did he say anything else? Like why he felt this way?
They moved weight so much in this release, it is so different to me.

That weight movement is what really intrigues me here. I'll admit the FlyZ was a let down for me as it really seemed like another BioCell which I loved, this though based on THP info and early research I've done is a pretty different beast.

Yes, please. The Fly Z+ was a game changer for me.

Tried one of these out today. Love it. Great looks, spectacular feel. The middle of the face just feels amazing, and while I was fighting a push (not using built up grips makes me grip the club too tight) the distance was there.

I'd have to try it against my gamer on a LM to make sure, but I love the look and feel and the LM gave me good numbers, especially with the weight forward, where it was a bit longer than a Fly-Z+, though I might go to 11.5° to help out my main miss, strikes lower on the face.

I already have the king. Think I am going to game this one too. The f6 plus may not because I have read the sound is not the greatest, plus the multi trajectory adjustments seems like overkill. Love it I can swap out all my shafts between cobra drivers

This is the first video review I've seen on the new F6. This guy always seems to do the first review on new drivers. I wish I could hit it 330 on the toe...

THP review thread will get started soon, will take all my pics tonight. Should get testing underway tomorrow!

a1711db1a51351b9b844acd919e57230.jpg

91beed11961f72aa57465be03f370585.jpg

That's a good looking driver. Cobra seems to have dialed in their drivers lately & i'm looking forward to your thoughts.

I really really like that shade of blue

That blue is nice. One of the drivers that has my interest for club clash. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Hit this today at my local PGA SS.
Looks even better in person than the photos... in fact Cobra drivers look the best out of all OEMs in my opinion.
With the weight in the back, ball spin was about 500 higher than the King LTD at the same 9.5 degree loft.
It was definitely much louder than the King LTD, and did not feel as soft.
For me the King performed better, but this is still an awesome offering.

Hit it at golfsmith as well. Nice head but the red tie stiff was giving me big snap left at the last third of flight. A bit stiffer shaft and I could game this.

Wow that looks sexy!! Can't wait to hear about how it plays.

THP review thread will get started soon, will take all my pics tonight. Should get testing underway tomorrOw

91beed11961f72aa57465be03f370585.jpg

What's the small hole above the O in cobra for ? Access for hot melt ?

I want to hit this and the F6+ although I know it would be bad for my wallet...

Finally got a chance to hit this club today at golfsmith. 1 word... AMAZING. I tried the stiff and regular flex shaft today with the driver head at 10.5 and I was hitting it about as well as I could. I have not swung a club in about a month and after I got some kinks work out, this thing was going as far as any club I have hit off the tee (even the M1). Super easy to swing and just a great feel through impact. Didnt get enough swings to really see a huge difference in the ball flight between the penetrating and towering.

I liked the sound a lot and the look of it was really good. I wont give any of my numbers because I was only swinging in the mid 90's for a swing speed, but my carry numbers were still solid.

I've looked at the Cobra web site and all over, trying to find the length of the F6. 44", 44.5", 45", 45.5"? Looks like another trip to Golfsmith to test drive this Driver while I'm waiting on the F6 irons to be delivered.

Never mind, found it. The other Cobra King F6 THP Review thread has all anyone needs to know about this offering. Seems I'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. :doh:

Back