Cobra KING F6 Irons - THP Review Thread

I can understand the finish wearing. When I first got mine, there was discoloration on the hosels, so Cobra had me send them back to be re-headed (spanking new clubs and we're already heating the shafts). Got them back today, and the new heads also are discolored AND now my ferrules are all scratched and pitted. PGA Superstore is replacing the entire set for me (which I thought Cobra should have offered to do in the 1st place). The point is that I do not expect these clubs to maintain their finish very well. Let's hope I get the same type of play out of mine that you've gotten from your's.
FWIW, that discoloration happens on most clubs that have plastic on the heads, and by most I mean every iron set I've ever reviewed with a darker finish across manufacturers (all mizuno irons I've reviewed actually). Its not really a finish thing imo but rather an exposure vs non exposure thing, and for me a magic eraser has always taken care of it.

I appreciate that reply Jman, and I'll try a magic eraser in the future. In my case, though, the discoloration is in places with no plastic. As you can see in this pic, the discoloration is all up and down the hosel, below where the plastic is on the head.
image_zpslia5bjor.jpeg

That's what I'm talking about though, the non plastic covered region (hosel and part of heel) will show some discoloration at times on dark finished heads because of the exposure compared to the main head in plastic. Its been on every single dark polished finished iron I have reviewed, strange as hell I agree, but there.

That's what I'm talking about though, the non plastic covered region (hosel and part of heel) will show some discoloration at times on dark finished heads because of the exposure compared to the main head in plastic. Its been on every single dark polished finished iron I have reviewed, strange as hell I agree, but there.

I see what you're saying, Jman. I just misunderstood before. I'll try your magic eraser idea. It is amazing stuff.

I see what you're saying, Jman. I just misunderstood before. I'll try your magic eraser idea. It is amazing stuff.
Did the magic eraser work?

Did the magic eraser work?

I haven't had the chance to work with it much. Gave it a try with one of my sticks, and it reduced the discoloration slightly after a couple of minutes. I guess if I keep at it and really buff and polish, it will work in the long-run. Maybe I'm being childish, but I paid full price for this set. Why should I have to be the one putting in all this work before the clubs ever touch the ground? After I've used them, sure.

Cobra KING F6 Irons - THP Review Thread

I assume you are talking about the face of the club. How worn are they? Do you mind posting a few pictures?

Thanks

Here you go:
c1e6815d9e3fb5293c94b7d16c179482.jpg

Pitching wedge with 3 months of use. 2 range sessions and many rounds.

Last edited:
Here you go:
c1e6815d9e3fb5293c94b7d16c179482.jpg

Pitching wedge with 3 months of use. 2 range sessions and many rounds.
That's not too bad. Thanks for posting.

That picture looks pretty similar to what I am seeing with my irons as well. Not bad at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a round in this weekend with my new set, didn't get to play them much as we played the forward tee's and thru the King of the month I only received 5-P. They felt really nice and seemed to travel a bit further than my previous set. Gonna put some work in with these this week! Looks alone have me drooling!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Got a round in this weekend with my new set, didn't get to play them much as we played the forward tee's and thru the King of the month I only received 5-P. They felt really nice and seemed to travel a bit further than my previous set. Gonna put some work in with these this week! Looks alone have me drooling!

I had a similar situation with similar results, breedin. Played in a scramble with a couple of forward tee players, so I only had a chance to use my new sticks 6 times all day. The 1st shot was a low, screaming duck hook. A playing partner noticed that I stopped my swing way early. After that, the other 5 shots were straight, high, and longer than my Cally Razr XF's.

I had a similar situation with similar results, breedin. Played in a scramble with a couple of forward tee players, so I only had a chance to use my new sticks 6 times all day. The 1st shot was a low, screaming duck hook. A playing partner noticed that I stopped my swing way early. After that, the other 5 shots were straight, high, and longer than my Cally Razr XF's.
That's awesome, the guys I was with talked me into hitting one of them off the tees on a par 5 with water about 220 out. I pulled the 6 iron for the first time and hit a screaming low hook into the other pond to my left. Next shots were better to say the least. Glad to hear we had the same exact outcome

That's awesome, the guys I was with talked me into hitting one of them off the tees on a par 5 with water about 220 out. I pulled the 6 iron for the first time and hit a screaming low hook into the other pond to my left. Next shots were better to say the least. Glad to hear we had the same exact outcome

Lol from our perspective it was nice to see that you were human that day

Lol from our perspective it was nice to see that you were human that day
Just imagine when I figure them out!!! Gonna be nasty...

i held these in hand today, and i still contend for the market segment i think they're after, it's the best looking iron out there. they really don't look any bigger than the king forged tec to my eye, although lighter.

I've purchased these irons about a month ago. I was hesitant about goin to cobra. Always been a Nike guy. But I love these clubs. Especially the gap wedge. It's a thing of beauty

Played with my new F6's yesterday, and it was a disaster. I was even hitting screaming hooks with the hybrids. Then again, I was struggling with literally every club in my bag. Was able to play again today, and the difference was night and day. My mishits (of which there were many) were at least straight with useable distance. When I put reasonably decent swings on them, I got nice, high laser beam straight shots that were easily a club longer than my old Razr XF's. I can say this about my F6's ... they give me good feedback when I mishit, and I can tell immediately (without even watching the shot) when I've made good contact.

I've purchased these irons about a month ago. I was hesitant about goin to cobra. Always been a Nike guy. But I love these clubs. Especially the gap wedge. It's a thing of beauty

What about these irons do you like so much? Why did you move away from Nike?

I have really enjoyed these irons so far. I have my distances down pretty well now and know what I can do with them. I am about a club to a club and a half longer. My 150 club is my 8 iron right now. Earlier this year it was between a 6 and a 7 with my 545s.
My confidence level is really high with these clubs, especially with the short irons. Once I get down to my 6 iron I usually feel good about my approach shot.
The pitching wedge and approach wedge are so solid and consistent.
Like rebel said, the feedback is there on shots, but I know if I put a decent swing on the ball I will have good results.
Highly recommend these for a lot of people!

I have really enjoyed these irons so far. I have my distances down pretty well now and know what I can do with them. I am about a club to a club and a half longer. My 150 club is my 8 iron right now. Earlier this year it was between a 6 and a 7 with my 545s.
My confidence level is really high with these clubs, especially with the short irons. Once I get down to my 6 iron I usually feel good about my approach shot.
The pitching wedge and approach wedge are so solid and consistent.
Like rebel said, the feedback is there on shots, but I know if I put a decent swing on the ball I will have good results.
Highly recommend these for a lot of people!

Glad to hear they are working for you and your game.

Can you give one positive and one negative from your experience so far?

Glad to hear they are working for you and your game.

Can you give one positive and one negative from your experience so far?

Positives are easy. I feel I hit the ball a lot better and with more consistency. The bottom of the bag irons are awesome.

Negatives are much harder to come up with for me. So ill nitpick, I started out hitting the 4 iron really well but haven't been hitting it as well the last couple of weeks. If I could hit a hybrid at all I think the 4 would be out of the bag.
That's more on me and my swing tho. Other then that maybe that They are pretty forgiving on the bottom of the club compared to what I came from but they could probly be more forgiving there.

Honestly tho I love the irons and am really glad I bought them. The negatives I mentioned are more about me and my swing.

Positives are easy. I feel I hit the ball a lot better and with more consistency. The bottom of the bag irons are awesome.

Negatives are much harder to come up with for me. So ill nitpick, I started out hitting the 4 iron really well but haven't been hitting it as well the last couple of weeks. If I could hit a hybrid at all I think the 4 would be out of the bag.
That's more on me and my swing tho. Other then that maybe that They are pretty forgiving on the bottom of the club compared to what I came from but they could probly be more forgiving there.

Honestly tho I love the irons and am really glad I bought them. The negatives I mentioned are more about me and my swing.
Cool. Thanks for the feedback, I have enjoyed reading your thoughts on these bad boys. I wish I had some time to go hits these, hopefully soon.

As far as the 4 iron goes I have a 4 hybrid and it is one of if not my favorite club in my bag.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback, I have enjoyed reading your thoughts on these bad boys. I wish I had some time to go hits these, hopefully soon.

As far as the 4 iron goes I have a 4 hybrid and it is one of if not my favorite club in my bag.

Yea I just don't get along with hybrids right now. It's a mental thing and drives me crazy. I can hit them ok on the range but as soon as I get to a course it's a disaster.

Yea I just don't get along with hybrids right now. It's a mental thing and drives me crazy. I can hit them ok on the range but as soon as I get to a course it's a disaster.
I hear you they do take a little getting used to but once you do they are game changers. Well they are for me at least. I couldn't hit the set 4 iron to save my life haha

Back