Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

Never seen an 18grammer I know you can get 14’s off eBay for about 13$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilnu8Aq.jpg

Well went out to the range for the first time with the F9 yesterday and had kinda mixed results. Mostly was due to the fact that artificial grass ranges have either super long/short rubber tees, so its hard to get my normal tee height. I also will say I have been struggling with a terrible strike pattern hitting towards the heel on a lot of my longer clubs. That being said even hitting heel strikes, I still got decent distance and flight. I started off standard @ 10.5*, then kinda moved around STD Draw, +1*, -1* to see what happened. I found the standard draw setting got me the best results, great launch/distance and helped with less than ideal strikes. I will say the shape of the face is a lot different than my current TM M4, it's more oval almost appears to be "smaller". Today I will be using it during a 9 hole round, so will get a better idea of how it performs/feels.

Hi guys,
I currently cut my standard shaft down 1-1/4”. I am bringing the swing weight back to roughly what it was by installing an 18g & 10g weight into the head. I noticed that the tour length had an 18g and 6g weight in its head. Does anybody see a problem with the weights being closer in weight between the front and back?
Thanks,
jeff

Hi guys,
I currently cut my standard shaft down 1-1/4”. I am bringing the swing weight back to roughly what it was by installing an 18g & 10g weight into the head. I noticed that the tour length had an 18g and 6g weight in its head. Does anybody see a problem with the weights being closer in weight between the front and back?
Thanks,
jeff
I will verify my weight setup tomorrow but with the Masters edition head and tour length Helium shaft they added hotmelt in the head and a 14gr and a 10gr weight. I have no problems and I play the 14gr forward and the F9 still sounds good in this combination.

So last night wasn't really the results I had hoped, again my swing is pretty out of sync so that isn't helping. However even on decent center-ish strikes my distances were well short of my gamer M4. I wanna think it's due to the F9's Helium shaft, doesn't feel as smooth/good as my V2. I am contemplating buying a V2 to swap in the Cobra to give it a go or just stick with my M4 which has honestly been a great driver for the past season.

I have an 18g in mine I got from Cobra. 18g in the rear, 2g in the front

Mine is set up a little different . 14 up front 6 in back

01c86be29d651f9fdb2a32c1fc18a321.jpg

Hi guys,
Thanks,
jeff

My Tour Length was 44.5 and was 18/6

Current setup is 14/6 or 14/10 at 45”

I think you’ll be fine, it might only be an extra 2g you’re carrying around

Mine is set up a little different . 14 up front 6 in back

01c86be29d651f9fdb2a32c1fc18a321.jpg

What length?

Best Drive of the weekend - probably the best drive I hit with this combo ever.

Can’t top the distance and accuracy - my playing partner who I play with frequently and over the years was even blown away - so much so he had to hit the driver for himself.

53605EFC-FCCD-47B2-8127-A818E23C6974.jpeg53605EFC-FCCD-47B2-8127-A818E23C6974.jpeg45A956FF-B9C2-495B-BDA5-4AC00F0EB6D9.png

What length?

It’s at 46”.... which was a chore for cobra to get correct. They shipped me two different drivers that I ordered +3/4” ... to get it at 46”... each one that came was playing at 45.5”. They told me it was impossible. Low and behold they were not taking into account that difference in not using their “connect” grip... I guess the sensor in it takes up almost....0.5”, once they figured it out they got me the right length hzrdous red... but unfortunately it had a couple nicks and chips in the shaft. I just dealt with that... tired of sending it out lol

What length?

[/QUOTE
]
Thanks guys!

Best Drive of the weekend - probably the best drive I hit with this combo ever.

Can’t top the distance and accuracy - my playing partner who I play with frequently and over the years was even blown away - so much so he had to hit the driver for himself.

View attachment 8909775View attachment 8909775View attachment 8909776

I have definitely hit some of my longest drives with this beast. I hit one on Saturday that was 295 dead center on a par 5. Very rare opportunity for me to go for this in two. Got the ball greenside and made a birdie. I wouldn’t normally have chance without a booming drive. I hope I am strong enough to ignore the new release from them, especially if they have a low spin option. I doubt that I can hit the ball better, but I am sure I will try the new one.

Another really solid day driving missed 1 fairway and only by a bit. Secondary cut . Really grooving this driver now

10g front and 18g back on my cut down 44” shaft. Straighter than I have ever drove the ball. Probably lost some yards with shorter shaft, however I will take straight all day long!

I've still got $250 store credit.... I really don't need shoes. I'm thinking of getting a driver fitting.... Not that I REALLY need one. The bag is solid, but I've heard this F9 is really good. Cobra offers it in the Tour Length: 44.25" with an 18 g weight in the back and 6 g weight in the front which they did to bring the SW back up to D3. The shorter shaft would be better for more consistent strikes, and I might play around with the weights a bit and buy the 2 g standard weight for the front to lighten it to a C9 and move the weight further back. I hope they have a shaft selection, too, to see if we can really dial it in.

I have hit all of the big name drivers for this past year. None of them sounds/feels as good as the F9, and it isn’t even close, imo. I had this one out today and it is just so much fun to have in the bag. I only was able to play 9 holes, but I pulled driver on 6 holes, hitting 5/6 fairways. The longest drive was 281, which is pretty darn good in the cooler, weather with soft fairways. It’s simply an awesome club. I can’t wait to see what Cobra does for an encore.

Last edited:
I have all of the big name drivers for this past year. None of them sounds/feels as good as the F9, and it isn’t even close, imo. I had this one out today and it is just so much fun to have in the bag. I only was able to play 9 holes, but I pulled driver on 6 holes, hitting 5/6 fairways. The longest drive was 281, which is pretty darn good in the cooler, weather with soft fairways. It’s simply an awesome club. I can’t wait to see what Cobra does for an encore.

#BeastMode

I have all of the big name drivers for this past year. None of them sounds/feels as good as the F9, and it isn’t even close, imo. I had this one out today and it is just so much fun to have in the bag. I only was able to play 9 holes, but I pulled driver on 6 holes, hitting 5/6 fairways. The longest drive was 281, which is pretty darn good in the cooler, weather with soft fairways. It’s simply an awesome club. I can’t wait to see what Cobra does for an encore.
Double that thought. So good.

So I've been using the hzrds smoke shaft and I have the opportunity to get an atmos blue for a great price. What's the difference between these 2 shafts and what would I expect if I bought it?

So I've been using the hzrds smoke shaft and I have the opportunity to get an atmos blue for a great price. What's the difference between these 2 shafts and what would I expect if I bought it?

Tinkering? I think it will depend on the weight of the HZRDUS vs the Atmos.
If I'm not mistaken, their bend profiles are pretty close.

Back