Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

jscincy;n8901654 said:
Anyone know how to adjust this thing so it is not so draw biased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loft it down

smartpad setup should maintain neutrality

jscincy;n8901654 said:
Anyone know how to adjust this thing so it is not so draw biased?

The only way to open the face is to lower the loft and keep on the neutral setting. It does not have a flatter setting.

I’ll try it tomorrow, I love the driver but I have to intentionally step into the ball with an open club head... aiming 30 yards right of target to draw back to target. Which if I forget good lawd it will be smothered

jscincy;n8901761 said:
I’ll try it tomorrow, I love the driver but I have to intentionally step into the ball with an open club head... aiming 30 yards right of target to draw back to target. Which if I forget good lawd it will be smothered

What loft head do you have?

jscincy;n8901761 said:

I think I read somewhere that using a lefty adapter, the draw settings open the face.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kevin81002;n8901983 said:
I think I read somewhere that using a lefty adapter, the draw settings open the face.

If that’s the case I need one lol

kevin81002;n8901983 said:

I was going to say the same thing. My golf pro used to set up his to be far biased by using the left handed adapter (as a right hander)

I had a couple pretty long drives with the F9 driver this weekend. Yes, both were wind-aided, but still... This is measured with the Golfshot Plus app. I didn’t have Arccos on because I was messing around with a set of cb/mb irons and couldn’t sync them into Arccos for one round. EF04BDEC-C896-458D-A573-7AF2A5DDC0D7.jpeg

Attachments

• C67B75F2-4642-440F-9495-990E0922C317.jpeg
    C67B75F2-4642-440F-9495-990E0922C317.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 15
Tenputt;n8903259 said:
I had a couple pretty long drives with the F9 driver this weekend. Yes, both were wind-aided, but still... This is measured with the Golfshot Plus app. I didn’t have Arccos on because I was messing around with a set of cb/mb irons and couldn’t sync them into Arccos for one round.

I'll take a 300 yard drives anyway I can get it these days! It all evens out eventually because I have plenty of 230 yard drives into 25 mph winds :clapp:

On Saturday in windy conditions I was often taking less than driver off the tee due to the course setup but all 3 times I pulled my F9 driver it put me in a good position to score. (on the 3 holes I used driver I got birdie - par - par). On the 14th hole it was into the wind and I caught it low on the face and still ended up in the center. On 18 it was also playing into the wind and I caught it out of the center but pulled it slightly to the left and it landed into the rough and didn't get any runout. If that one landed a few yards right it would have chased up the fairway. Screenshot_20190909-105916.jpg

Gained so much confidence since adding the f9. On a nemesis hole (330ish downhill par 4). Usually if I hit driver in the past I end up in the tree on the left , leading to bogey or worse. Or if I try and take a lesser club off the tee I end up weak shots to the right.
F9 has been so solid so I pulled driver , around 260ish there’s a speedslot if you hit correctly will funnel your ball closer to the geeen. I stripped mine , when I got to the green I found my ball on the secondary cut of rough. First time I was able to get that close to the green in all my round there(over 50).

I love this driver.... but the thing is so draw biased that it’s painful at times... if you come to far from the inside it’s really easy to ground hook this thing. If it had a fade option without delofting the piss out of it , I feel it may be the best driver ever produced

I haven't played a round of golf in almost a month! :banghead:
Pulled this driver out of the bag the other and WOOOOO. It's still a gorgeous club!!

jscincy;n8904211 said:
I love this driver.... but the thing is so draw biased that it’s painful at times... if you come to far from the inside it’s really easy to ground hook this thing. If it had a fade option without delofting the piss out of it , I feel it may be the best driver ever produced

I would seriously experiment with a left hand adapter (assuming you are right handed). The TXG guys on YouTube provide tons of fitting information and they have used the opposite hand adapters for years to give players a flatter (fade biased) lie in their drivers and fairway woods.

Switched to the F9 this season and very happy . Ball speeds are better all over the face for me when compared to others I tested . I was playing 913 titleist since it came out and every year I tried to replace it with something newer. Haven’t been able to better it until this year , this club

Personally I've never found the F9 to be overly draw biased. For me it's always a swing issue when I start snap hooking. My symptoms for heavy draw include set up, swinging too hard or inside causing hips and hands to flip early .

For draw vs fade bias, I think the higher lofted heads are more draw biased.

My 9* head I have to think about turning over and my swing hard swing usually results in a fade. On my 12* head I notice my stock flight being a draw and the ball will hook if Im not careful. However, there is a significant shaft length difference between the two.

For some ball flight changes, the front weight position is slightly more fade biased than the back position. Additionally, lowering the loft will open the face.

For the left hand adapter trick, I'm not sure if that will just reverse the adapter or not. I'm sure cobra customer service will be able to answer that; however, I wouldn't be surprised if it just makes the standard setting the draw setting and lowest loft and highest loft flipped like some other manufacturers.

That said, in my last round I played I loved the driver. It goes far and I feel like I can slow my swing down and still get everything out of the club. This is probably been the driver that has been my bag the longest since coming back to golf. It just makes me not want to try other drivers and to just keep hitting it. I cant wait to see how Cobra can improve on this design since it's going to take something special to make me want to take this driver out of my bag.

OITW;n8905869 said:
Hitting my stride with the F9 and the LA Golf Shaft proto....

Dang bro you hitting the juice? Those are looong

jdtox;n8905879 said:
Dang bro you hitting the juice? Those are looong

It's nuts, like truly nuts, I have more context in the Shaft thread, but the round this morning was in the 60s and with a ball that is 10 yards shorter than my gamer, freaking incredible.

Going to have a really really really tough time getting away from this setup.

I continue to hammer this combination of shaft (LA Golf OLYSS 65 Proto) and head 10.5* +1* 14g weight back 6g weight forward).

My Fairway Hit % is 51.1 vs 50.4 with the other shaft combos.

Average dispersion in 17 yards vs 20 yards

Smart Distance is 260 - 280 with the long being 306 compared to other shafts 264 - 278 298 long.

Also the right misses are taken out of play, unless it's a block or I'm aiming right to takeaway the hook miss that I've been playing.

Such an amazing combination. So pumped to continue to play it.

I continue to hammer this combination of shaft (LA Golf OLYSS 65 Proto) and head 10.5* +1* 14g weight back 6g weight forward).

My Fairway Hit % is 51.1 vs 50.4 with the other shaft combos.

Average dispersion in 17 yards vs 20 yards

Smart Distance is 260 - 280 with the long being 306 compared to other shafts 264 - 278 298 long.

Also the right misses are taken out of play, unless it's a block or I'm aiming right to takeaway the hook miss that I've been playing.

Such an amazing combination. So pumped to continue to play it.

It’s so cool that you are seeing such a reward. You have dedicated a lot of time and effort to dial this in.

It’s so cool that you are seeing such a reward. You have dedicated a lot of time and effort to dial this in.

Now if I could just figure out my irons swing...

I LOVE my F9. I love the sound, the looks at address, the feel, the ball flight.....all of it. My misses aren't over exaggerated near as much. Granted when I make a completely terrible swing sure.....but I have got away with a lot with it too.

This driver continues to perform. On the range was reaching halfway up the net on the fly and either straight or a slight draw.

Back