Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Review - Range Days Episode 2

We are actually going to release Episode 3 a bit sooner than later and I think you guys will enjoy it. It's a tiny bit longer, but a pretty deep dive into Dan's numbers.

Looking forward to it.

Really enjoyed this one and found it more interesting than the Ping video. Maybe it was the driver itself that drove it, but I felt like it was a more in depth tech conversation and you all did a great job of highlighting what Cobra tried to and did accomplish.

I did not have a great experience with the F7 and I think I let that color my impression of the F9. Watching and listening to Dan hit the F9 makes me want to give it another try.

Really enjoyed this one and found it more interesting than the Ping video. Maybe it was the driver itself that drove it, but I felt like it was a more in depth tech conversation and you all did a great job of highlighting what Cobra tried to and did accomplish.

I did not have a great experience with the F7 and I think I let that color my impression of the F9. Watching and listening to Dan hit the F9 makes me want to give it another try.

My experience with Cobra hasn't been the best over the last couple years in terms of maximizing swing potential. No fault at theirs, just didn't quite work for me. Not the same at all with the F9, starting with the sound and flowing straight through the tech and overall profile. Hopefully you get a chance to give this one a rip, JeffJohn. It's a blast.

My experience with Cobra hasn't been the best over the last couple years in terms of maximizing swing potential. No fault at theirs, just didn't quite work for me. Not the same at all with the F9, starting with the sound and flowing straight through the tech and overall profile. Hopefully you get a chance to give this one a rip, JeffJohn. It's a blast.

Seeing your success with it and knowing that we are similar in that we both high spin guys, though you deliver a more consistent strike makes me think I probably should have given the F9 more than the 2 swings I gave it at my fitting. I tend to miss more on the heel side than toe, which is more of an issue with my setup, but nonetheless it was nice seeing the data of how forgiving it is on the toe-side.

Seeing your success with it and knowing that we are similar in that we both high spin guys, though you deliver a more consistent strike makes me think I probably should have given the F9 more than the 2 swings I gave it at my fitting. I tend to miss more on the heel side than toe, which is more of an issue with my setup, but nonetheless it was nice seeing the data of how forgiving it is on the toe-side.

You picked a great head, and I totally get why you did. When we release the Callaway Range Days episode you'll get a nice look at the variances between the two, I think.

You picked a great head, and I totally get why you did. When we release the Callaway Range Days episode you'll get a nice look at the variances between the two, I think.

I’m looking forward to it.

if you miss heel side, you should watch range days 3.

Nice job guys. Is there anyway to see the roll out as well? Just curious when some of Dan's spin and launch changed I know here wasn't a huge carry deviation but I wonder what happens when it hits the ground.

Looking forward to the Flash subzero range days so I can compare to this one. Very excited to see my speed the same as Dan's, makes it "real" for me. Thanks again.

Nice job guys. Is there anyway to see the roll out as well? Just curious when some of Dan's spin and launch changed I know here wasn't a huge carry deviation but I wonder what happens when it hits the ground.

Looking forward to the Flash subzero range days so I can compare to this one. Very excited to see my speed the same as Dan's, makes it "real" for me. Thanks again.

Roll is just wildly unpredictable, depends on where you play and what conditions regardless of the spin and launch one is putting on the ball. That’s a big reason carry numbers are so emphasized.

Carry doesn’t lie!

back spin and descent angle are going to play a pretty big role on how much the ball rolls forward once it lands. Obviously the type of ground conditions and location will play the biggest role here.

I have seen a bunch of monitor sessions that have crazy bounce and put up huge final numbers, and it just feels contrived.

Roll is just wildly unpredictable, depends on where you play and what conditions regardless of the spin and launch one is putting on the ball. That’s a big reason carry numbers are so emphasized.

Carry doesn’t lie!

back spin and descent angle are going to play a pretty big role on how much the ball rolls forward once it lands. Obviously the type of ground conditions and location will play the biggest role here.

I have seen a bunch of monitor sessions that have crazy bounce and put up huge final numbers, and it just feels contrived.

Oh. Hai.

LOL

Oh. Hai.

LOL

I agree, but I also use a GC2 Quad so if they are set up the same as far as the ground firmness goes ( if that's even a parameter...) it'd be cool to see. My spin was closer to 1900-2000 with Dans Speedand launch. My angle of decent came in a bit lower so I was getting around 20-30 yards or roll out. Would have been cool to see if I was getting "legit" numbers. I'm always skeptical when at a store. I know yours is set up spot on and it looks like the one I was using is as well.

Again, thanks and it made me go back and look at the Ping range days and I laughed at the fact that I found the same results. Basically 6 of one, half dozen of another if you don't need the "F/N/D" adjustments.

First off team avalanche of course.

After watching this episode I do think this would be a great driver for me. The toe miss forgiveness is crazy.

Well done segment again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great episode.
Great comments JB on toe strikes. That’s my main miss and I’m glad this driver works for me.
The people at Cobra have got themselves a winner.
Great hits Dan. I could hear the power of your shots with the sweet sound of this driver.
I also lowered my tee height in the sim for more centred strikes. Explains my slight increase in spin.
Great job JB, Dan and GG.
Man I’d love to sit down with Yagley and talk airplanes and Cobra.

#TeamYellow

Great episode.
Great comments JB on toe strikes. That’s my main miss and I’m glad this driver works for me.
The people at Cobra have got themselves a winner.
Great hits Dan. I could hear the power of your shots with the sweet sound of this driver.
I also lowered my tee height in the sim for more centred strikes. Explains my slight increase in spin.
Great job JB, Dan and GG.
Man I’d love to sit down with Yagley and talk airplanes and Cobra.

#TeamYellow

Maybe I'll talk Yagley into a video while I have him at my disposal next week? What questions would you have? (The more about Cobra the better haha)

Let me think about that one!!

Maybe I'll talk Yagley into a video while I have him at my disposal next week? What questions would you have? (The more about Cobra the better haha)

Aerodynamics have played a huge part in this release, how much higher is the ceiling for optimal performance in metal woods/irons/wedges/putters

Back