Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

I think I saw Rock Bottom Golf also had a discount for the Pars and Stripes but “only” by $100, which means their version is still $100 more then the standard.

As for the PGASS deal, I did end up pulling the trigger last night - the value that deal offers is just too good to pass up, and I can always trade in /sell my regular SZ Xtreme to help minimize any extra cost. If PGASS tries to change the price or says anything to me about the discounted price, I’ll be sure to post an update here.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger too. Have been chomping on the bit between the PXG Proto, CPO Mav or the regular Corban Extreme sale so this pushed me over the edge with the shaft. Will be able to recoop all my $ if I don't love it.

Will also let people know if this price is legit.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Happy to report I just got an email from PGASS that my Pars and Stripes driver has just shipped!!! The $350 price was included in the shipping notification and my CC also has that amount (plus sales tax) listed as a pending charge. Looks like this is the real deal!

Was able to try out the Xtreme for a few... feels quite forgiving. Also....is it me or does this bad boy like to fade? I think I really like that!
Gonna bring this out with me tomorrow perhaps.
Have a Tensei Orange 7S in it.

Was able to try out the Xtreme for a few... feels quite forgiving. Also....is it me or does this bad boy like to fade? I think I really like that!
Gonna bring this out with me tomorrow perhaps.
Have a Tensei Orange 7S in it.
I think most are finding it to be fade biased.

I like the shape of the head and the way the graphics on the head frame the ball. This driver feels easy to aim.

This is my first time ever owning a Cobra driver. Bought this one off a THP member.

I'm excited to get this one out on the course tomorrow.....trial by fire!

The Tensei Orange was a random pickup for this driver and I must say....it is quite good. I also nabbed a Tensei White in the same weight and flex and don't like it at all.

I like the shape of the head and the way the graphics on the head frame the ball. This driver feels easy to aim.

This is my first time ever owning a Cobra driver. Bought this one off a THP member.

I'm excited to get this one out on the course tomorrow.....trial by fire!

The Tensei Orange was a random pickup for this driver and I must say....it is quite good. I also nabbed a Tensei White in the same weight and flex and don't like it at all.
Look forward to hearing how you like it!

I went ahead and ordered a Speedzone Xtreme P&S 10.5 Ventus Blue 6R for $350 (plus tax, but free shipping) from PGASS last night because I really want to try the Ventus Blue 6R shaft and compare/switch with my F9.

Then, my wife saw the SZX P&S and said "I want one too! I love the colors!" so I ordered a second one for her to replace her F8. One will be here tomorrow, the other on Saturday, we'll play on Tuesday.

This deal is too good to ignore, especially with PGASS return/exchange policies. I expect these to sell out quickly.

I went ahead and ordered a Speedzone Xtreme P&S 10.5 Ventus Blue 6R for $350 (plus tax, but free shipping) from PGASS last night because I really want to try the Ventus Blue 6R shaft and compare/switch with my F9.

Then, my wife saw the SZX P&S and said "I want one too! I love the colors!" so I ordered a second one for her to replace her F8. One will be here tomorrow, the other on Saturday, we'll play on Tuesday.

This deal is too good to ignore, especially with PGASS return/exchange policies. I expect these to sell out quickly.

Mine is coming tomorrow too! Really can’t wait - the color scheme is the best of the three options and the shaft is for real, not to mention it’s a great driver. For what it’s worth, my current SZ Xtreme replaced my F8 and it’s been a fantastic purchase for me. I know I’ll have two identical driver heads, but it allows me to experiment with different shafts and whatever I don’t keep will have excellent trade in/sale value.

For sure. I have my 48” ruler against the wall at a 60” angle to measure club lengths. When I rest the Xtreme with the head resting on the ground and shaft on the ruler the head wants to fall very open. By far the farthest open Faced driver I’ve tested yet. Like I’m talking probably 7* open. Granted I square it up on the course but being a hooker of the ball I love how this one sets up. It doesn’t fade or slice on me but my miss is usually a push right. Most drivers my miss is a snap hook.

Man that PGASS deal has me shook. First, disappointed I spent $550 a mere 2 months ago. But second, I secretly really want to try the extreme so maybe I buy a 2nd and try them both? Seems crazy, but Ive done worse.

Man that PGASS deal has me shook. First, disappointed I spent $550 a mere 2 months ago. But second, I secretly really want to try the extreme so maybe I buy a 2nd and try them both? Seems crazy, but Ive done worse.
I agree, I'm super tempted to pull the trigger on the regular version SpeedZone but with the Morgan Cup only 3 weeks away and having played the Xtreme all season it doesn't make much sense for me to try and switch now for a potential few extra yards

I agree, I'm super tempted to pull the trigger on the regular version SpeedZone but with the Morgan Cup only 3 weeks away and having played the Xtreme all season it doesn't make much sense for me to try and switch now for a potential few extra yards

:p:sneaky:;)

I think that's the first thing I need to try. Hope to pull flight down and a little left as well as get some of that distance I'm missing back.
armed with a few shafts, hex wrench, extra weights, lead tape, varying tees, and some brews, I'm going to figure out this driver this afternoon.

Mine is coming tomorrow too! Really can’t wait - the color scheme is the best of the three options and the shaft is for real, not to mention it’s a great driver. For what it’s worth, my current SZ Xtreme replaced my F8 and it’s been a fantastic purchase for me. I know I’ll have two identical driver heads, but it allows me to experiment with different shafts and whatever I don’t keep will have excellent trade in/sale value.
I ordered our two on Wednesday afternoon, one with 4-10 business day free shipping and the other with 3-5 business day $11 shipping and they both got here together early afternoon today. Weird, but wonderful!

I ordered our two on Wednesday afternoon, one with 4-10 business day free shipping and the other with 3-5 business day $11 shipping and they both got here together early afternoon today. Weird, but wonderful!

Mine came today too!!!! I absolutely love it - it looks so cool I almost don’t want to use it.

Almost:cool:

Mines is coming Wed! Went with the Extreme and hope it was the right choice. Sounds like most in this thread are having more success with it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

This is an outlier, for sure, but for just the second drive on the course, I'll take it.

1600522940926.png

I thought I'd end up switching the shaft out for the Helium from my F9, but I liked what I saw last night in limited use. It was much better than my range trips, so far. I hadn't come close to this with the F9/Helium combo.

Last edited:
Took my new Pars and Stripes driver to the range to try it out, and really enjoyed it! Much prefer the looks on this, but more importantly, I think the Ventus Blue 6 shaft is a better fit for me - was seeing slightly lower height on my drives (a good thing as I tend to sky my drives a bit) and a few more yards distance.

Into the bag it goes! Now I really can't wait for Wednesday's round.

Do any of you with a Speedzone Xtreme with a stock length shaft play with a heavier weight than the factory 6gm? How does that work for you?

Do any of you with a Speedzone Xtreme with a stock length shaft play with a heavier weight than the factory 6gm? How does that work for you?

Even with a 55g shaft and stock 6g weight at 45” (about 1/2” short) to end of the grip mine swing weights at D2. Going heavier would definitely get the swing weight on the hefty side. Not to say that won’t work but something to be aware of.

So the Xtreme I have came with a heavy 14g weight. I ordered a 6g for it.
For giggles, I brought it on course with me today and just took out the weight altogether. I only hit it a few times on course. On the 9th hole I hit a huge drive. Interested to see how this goes once I get the weight.

PS: I nearly cut my finger, inadvertently running it along the bottom of the club face. The sole side of the face is razor sharp! Wth..?

Had a good driving day today with the Speedzone. Only two drives got away. One led to a quad though. Still playing the tour length and easily the same distance as playing partners. It feels great when hitting it flush.

So the Xtreme I have came with a heavy 14g weight. I ordered a 6g for it.
For giggles, I brought it on course with me today and just took out the weight altogether. I only hit it a few times on course. On the 9th hole I hit a huge drive. Interested to see how this goes once I get the weight.

PS: I nearly cut my finger, inadvertently running it along the bottom of the club face. The sole side of the face is razor sharp! Wth..?
Wanna sell the 14g ?

Looking at my stats with this driver going back to March- compared to my F9 accuracy/distance is down
0F349608-E941-4758-A45C-CE2B2EF012DD.png
Mind you with F9 I was playing a longer shaft and lower loft so that would impact distance- hoping Tour Length would be more accurate for me

But one thing I can’t say about F9 is this

94E48ADA-BCAC-402F-A01D-C92BF3B29B74.png

Back