ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats: You Have Edison 2.0 Wedges Headed Your Way

Congrats!!!

Congrats all!!!!

Congrats to the chosen testers!

Congrats, looking forward to the reviews

Congrats! Anxious to see the reviews

Congrats, Guys.

Happy for you to try these out and tell us all about them.

Congratulations, can't wait for the reviews

Congrats guys! Look forward to reading some reviews.

Anyone get their wedges yet? Can’t wait for mine…

Would love to hear what Specs you all picked, especially Bounce.

Would love to hear what Specs you all picked, especially Bounce.
I went with the 49* and 59*. Edison wedges don't have a choice of bounce, and from their website it's because:

" Every EDISON 2.0 wedge is built around the patented Koehler Sole, a dual-bounce design that has been proven for over thirty years to eliminate the compromise of having different and specialized bounces and grinds in the bag.

The Koehler Sole is the only design to efficiently combine a high bounce angle in the front of the sole and a low bounce angle in the back of the sole so it can handle any lie and any swing path. While other brands are starting to copy this proven design, none have the experience with it that we do, so they can’t replicate the Koehler Sole versatility."

I'm excited to test this theory out, and see how these wedges cope with the wet sloppy conditions of spring, and the hard dry conditions in summer here in Ohio. A versatile wedge would be very welcome in my bag!

Congrats everybody! What a great group of testers!!!

Congrats @MGoBlue @dAS0 @GoldenBuff @gkeller813

Very curious to get your feedback. Terry Koehler has impressed me over the years with his articles and his club design work. Looking forward to see how his latest project performs.

I went with the 49* and 59*. Edison wedges don't have a choice of bounce, and from their website it's because:

" Every EDISON 2.0 wedge is built around the patented Koehler Sole, a dual-bounce design that has been proven for over thirty years to eliminate the compromise of having different and specialized bounces and grinds in the bag.

The Koehler Sole is the only design to efficiently combine a high bounce angle in the front of the sole and a low bounce angle in the back of the sole so it can handle any lie and any swing path. While other brands are starting to copy this proven design, none have the experience with it that we do, so they can’t replicate the Koehler Sole versatility."

I'm excited to test this theory out, and see how these wedges cope with the wet sloppy conditions of spring, and the hard dry conditions in summer here in Ohio. A versatile wedge would be very welcome in my bag!
Hmmmm, did not read about their Bounce profile but sounds like their design is designed to to change Bounce as you open and close face for different shots?

Hmmmm, did not read about their Bounce profile but sounds like their design is designed to to change Bounce as you open and close face for different shots?
If you swing deep or play in soft conditions it will perform like a high bounce wedge. Shallow swing, or in firm conditions, like a low bounce wedge. The link below gives you lots of detail into the thought process:

As one of the testers, I am wildly excited to get these in hand and start testing. I ordered 51 and 55 lofts.

I didn't know much at all about Edison wedges, and these could have easily slipped past my radar. The 2.0 design is very appealing, but rather than go deep on details I get excited about outcomes. I think of times I have had a wedge in hand and ended up short because the strike was higher on the face. Solve those shots and we have a winner chicken dinner! There is nothing more frustrating than a great drive leaving a wedge distance and the approach shot is meh.

The comparisons for me will be my ZX7 AW (51) and Vokey SM8 54-10S. I also previously grabbed a CBX Zipcore 50 to test. My wedges have Steelfiber i110s shafts. I think the incoming Edison 2.0 wedges will have KBS Tour 120 S shafts. As soon as the new shafts arrive I will re-grip with my preferred grip and start testing. I like to get some numbers on GCQuad and then work on wedges at a great practice area with 3 greens. The real test, of course, will be on course when shots have meaning. I can't wait!

As one of the testers, I am wildly excited to get these in hand and start testing. I ordered 51 and 55 lofts.

I didn't know much at all about Edison wedges, and these could have easily slipped past my radar. The 2.0 design is very appealing, but rather than go deep on details I get excited about outcomes. I think of times I have had a wedge in hand and ended up short because the strike was higher on the face. Solve those shots and we have a winner chicken dinner! There is nothing more frustrating than a great drive leaving a wedge distance and the approach shot is meh.

The comparisons for me will be my ZX7 AW (51) and Vokey SM8 54-10S. I also previously grabbed a CBX Zipcore 50 to test. My wedges have Steelfiber i110s shafts. I think the incoming Edison 2.0 wedges will have KBS Tour 120 S shafts. As soon as the new shafts arrive I will re-grip with my preferred grip and start testing. I like to get some numbers on GCQuad and then work on wedges at a great practice area with 3 greens. The real test, of course, will be on course when shots have meaning. I can't wait!
I'll be comparing to a Cleveland RTX-3 CB 50*, and an RTX Zipcore in the 58* slot. In the 49* slot, looking forward to seeing how it compares GIR % wise. I'd be curious if I see any added distance and less greens missed short due to strikes high on the face? Around the green I'm excited to try the 59*. I use my current Zipcore in a variety of ways, so I can't wait to test out the versatility of the Edison in this regard.

One area of my game that I am working on are partial wedges and bunker shots. I recently updated my wedges so I will have almost new wedges to compare to the Edel clubs when they arrive. I gamed an ATV wedge from Taylormade years ago and had good results with it, so the Edel sole is something I am looking forward to trying.

After the tips for bunker play from the 2022 Data Experience, I am not afraid to open the club face up and actually swing in the sand. Having a wedge that performs in dry and wet, firm and soft conditions should be a very good thing!

congrats guys!

Congrats.

Got a shipping notice today!!!

@gkeller813 maybe we get together to compare wedges when my wedges ship

Back