LIVE UPDATE THREAD Contest: Shaft Up #2 with UST Mamiya

For you Grandaddy hopefuls watching, mid event name change as “how I would change up the live thread” is taken. Well done @BuffaloPlunger and @Qwkz51. I enjoyed following along.

Way late to the party and from what little I understand there has been a name change. Now I'm going to go back through the 79 pages I'm behind and read what awesomeness happened that led to this. Well done guys, looking forward to reading through!

Congratulations to all four of the participants, two of which scored slightly better than the others.
Then again, the other two made huge gains in the driver department, so that counts for something right?
Not to be forgotten the whole "artist formerly known as" mid-event name change!
Ultimately it would seem that it was the course that won, however I would argue strongly that it was in fact THP. Hundreds of us got to live vicariously through two lucky men and share in an incredible experience.
Well done all and I can't wait to see what happens in the next edition.

Thanks for this follow everyone. @DannyLe fitting up a 50 yard gain. A course that was absolutely pristine and difficult. A new forum name. A Kentucky condo. What more do you want. I love Shaft Up.

Great job guys, really enjoyed your experience

I’m pretty sure I saw half of the guys on my flight at the course😂😂😂

Back in Nashville and unpacked.
Incredibly tired.
What a great couple of days with the group.

This facility is absolutely awesome.
The gains these two saw might be some of the best we have seen to date.

I’m that photo it was playing 171 not adjusting for slope. It has a decent amount of depth but it’s very narrow and the only miss is short
Oh wow, I didn't realize it was playing that long! Difficult, but it sure is pretty!

I cant thank @Qwkz51 and @BuffaloPlunger enough for a great couple of days.
Victoria National was absolutely spectacular and one of the hardest courses I have played to date. Danny's quote was funny. "I just played the PGA Champ course two weeks ago and this is way better and should be higher on the stupid list".

But either way, what a special couple of days with some awesome THPers and we cannot wait to do it again.
I mean, this says it all! Well done @BuffaloPlunger and @Qwkz51!

What an absolute great follow. Thanks for the laughs, pictures, and average man’s POV on this course that hosts the Koran Ferry Tour Championship every year.

thanks @JB and @DannyLe for organizing another perfect event. Danny takes the fun at every experience to a different level.

Those dormie network Johnny O shirts are absolutely phenomenal. Top of my pro shop wish list at the Dormie club.

Those greens were just really uncomfy. They rolled super well but they played games with your head on the shorter putts
Greens rolling at a 12 will do that. Especially if there’s some movement to the putt. That outside the hole putt from 3 ft. turns into a 2 ft breaker on certain greens. I wouldn’t sweat it.

For everyone wondering, Victoria National is ranked #47 but was #43 a few years back although I’d make the case it should probably be too 40 or maybe even top 30. If you pay really close attention, there’s a pretty famous course way up towards that 50 spot;)

View attachment 9096987

So cool. This course is definitely going on the bucket list. Just need to find a way to get out there 🤔

Absolutely great job to @Qwkz51 and @BuffaloPlunger on your pictures and updating in the thread throughout this event. Super entertaining and was blown away.

@DannyLe with the photo expertise...

This and the sunset picture could be printed and added to the office! Wow what a great course!
Oh I missed that one! What a view.

@MONTANTK or @Qwkz51 when you get a chance any pics of the gift shop are appreciated. I'm trying to start my shopping list for September!
Trying to go through this thread. I did see this and snagged pictures20220614_132844.jpg20220614_132840.jpg20220614_132838.jpg20220614_132835.jpg

Well done everyone. This was a fun follow!
The food, the golf and the course! There are no supply shortages there. I could spend some time, I mean $$$ in there.

So cool. This course is definitely going on the bucket list. Just need to find a way to get out there 🤔
This course should be at the top of everyone’s bucket list!

This course should be at the top of everyone’s bucket list!
absolutely is on mine now. Blown away by what I saw. So happy that you guys got to experience it!

What an absolute amazing event!

Back