Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pitch invasion.jpg

Played on Friday and the wildlife are invading the course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is possibly the best birth control ever. If I ever thought about having children, all I have to do is come in here and see how grown adults act and it reminds me that if grown adults can act like this, I would never be able to handle children. Good grief people, get along or find another thread.

IMO growth is much more than size. Some grow their entire life and some people die having barely grown very much at all.

This is a perfect example of just how bad fear mongering media is. See this tweet by AP?

You would think there were major issues, right? 1 person went to hospital and was already released and 7 others showed no signs. That was it. And no new cases in 800 tests the next day.

F73FFB9F-D6DB-4024-9B84-6EA9EEC61CB0.jpeg

This is a perfect example of just how bad fear mongering media is. See this tweet by AP?

You would think there were major issues, right? 1 person went to hospital and was already released and 7 others showed no signs. That was it. And no new cases in 800 tests the next day.

View attachment 8945342
That’s the media for ya.... both sides. But really, it’s our fault as a society for looking at a headline and acting upon that.

What’s really messed up is that the sources one would normally consider as credible do not seem to be. So digging to find some sort of reality is difficult.

View attachment 8945342

That's really bad. A lot of people will simply read the headline and assume the worst.

Looks like Long Island is next for easing of restrictions. Hopefully, they’ll get carts out for general public soon. Right now it’s 65+ and/or handicapped. My buddy has worse knees than I do, but not old enough and not handicapped enough, so walking is tough.

View attachment 8945342
And now... the rest of the story... which is hard to put into 140 characters or a stock image (part of the problem)

8 people tested positive at that G&CC. 1 went to hospital (since released), the other 7 are in isolation. Those 7 appear to be asymptomatic, which is a good thing for them. There doesn't appear to be any further spread, based on recent test results. This particular outbreak (or cluster or hoax group or whatever you want to call it) happened in Western Montana (factual), involves employees of Stock Farm Club (weird name but factual), and the area was developed at least in part by Mr. Charles Schwab (factual). This is information straight from the article itself.

Part of the problem of today's media is them trying to tell a story with just a headline. Part of the problem is people who only read a story for the headline.

As for the usage of the word outbreak, they (the general they i.e. Doctors etc) call 1 positive test an outbreak because where there is 1 there is likely more. In this case, at least 7 others. The general public largely ties the word outbreak to Hollywood-style zombie apocalypses because running around screaming that the sky is falling is fun to some.

And now... the rest of the story... which is hard to put into 140 characters or a stock image (part of the problem)

8 people tested positive at that G&CC. 1 went to hospital (since released), the other 7 are in isolation. Those 7 appear to be asymptomatic, which is a good thing for them. There doesn't appear to be any further spread, based on recent test results. This particular outbreak (or cluster or hoax group or whatever you want to call it) happened in Western Montana (factual), involves employees of Stock Farm Club (weird name but factual), and the area was developed at least in part by Mr. Charles Schwab (factual). This is information straight from the article itself.

Part of the problem of today's media is them trying to tell a story with just a headline. Part of the problem is people who only read a story for the headline.

As for the usage of the word outbreak, they (the general they i.e. Doctors etc) call 1 positive test an outbreak because where there is 1 there is likely more. In this case, at least 7 others. The general public largely ties the word outbreak to Hollywood-style zombie apocalypses because running around screaming that the sky is falling is fun to some.

Hahaha. I think you missed my point. 1 employee at a club going to the hospital and then released is not a story. It’s pandering due to the tie ins to the club and done for no other reason than create divide.

It’s not surprising...

Hahaha. I think you missed my point. 1 employee at a club going to the hospital and then released is not a story. It’s pandering due to the tie ins to the club and done for no other reason than create divide.

It’s not surprising...
A puddle forming in the middle of a road can be a story.

• Eye Roll
Reactions: JB
A puddle forming in the middle of a road can be a story.

I look forward to the Associated Press showing those during a pandemic.

I look forward to the Associated Press showing those during a pandemic.
There's lots of stories that have no relation to other stories, does everything have to be pandemic-related?

• WTF
There's lots of stories that have no relation to other stories, does everything have to be pandemic-related?

THIS IS ABOUT THE PANDEMIC, despite being a non-story. I look forward to those puddle stories though. ;)

This is hysterical....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

THIS IS ABOUT THE PANDEMIC, despite being a non-story. I look forward to those puddle stories though. ;)

This is hysterical....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
And the great thing about having multiple news sources in this part of the world is that if you don't like that something is published, you can always go to a different source that doesn't publish news that you don't want to see. 🤷

• WTF
The church I attend is starting back up next Sunday with drive in services. Services are only allowed Saturdays & Sundays.

CDC: fatality rate of coronavirus:

• 0-49 years old: 0.05%
  • 50-64 years old: 0.2%
  • 65+ years old: 1.3%
And yet, the sky continues to fall in many places...

If this was some sort of bioweapon it would be a pretty crappy one with those kinds of numbers. Totally missing the target demo.

And the great thing about having multiple news sources in this part of the world is that if you don't like that something is published, you can always go to a different source that doesn't publish news that you don't want to see. 🤷

You are completely missing the point here. It’s not about don’t read that news source if you don’t like it, it’s about any news source posting garbage headlines like that, creating fear and panic when it’s not necessary. It’s about showing that the “news” is not helping these situations, only hurting it. It’s not about liberal news or conservative news, it’s about news and journalism as a whole.

You are completely missing the point here. It’s not about don’t read that news source if you don’t like it, it’s about any news source posting garbage headlines like that, creating fear and panic when it’s not necessary. It’s about showing that the “news” is not helping these situations, only hurting it. It’s not about liberal news or conservative news, it’s about news and journalism as a whole.
Western Montana virus outbreak tied to luxury golf club

Which part are we supposed to be fearful of? I'm going to guess outbreak (regardless whether the actual epidemiological definition applies), with my reasoning explained above as being tied to Hollywood fiction.:eek:

Small group of Golf Club employees test positive for coronavirus; full recoveries expected - This seems like it would be a less inciteful headline?

Western Montana virus outbreak tied to luxury golf club

Which part are we supposed to be fearful of? I'm going to guess outbreak (regardless whether the actual epidemiological definition applies), with my reasoning explained above as being tied to Hollywood fiction.:eek:

Small group of Golf Club employees test positive for coronavirus; full recoveries expected - This seems like it would be a less inciteful headline?

It was a non story to begin with, but then to report it with “trigger“ words makes it a garbage headline. We are talking in circles so I am not going to waste my time.

There are thousands of people ailing, lives lost, etc.
Somehow a small golf club with ties to a large financial institution and some athletes has 1 person go to the hospital and it’s an AP headline....just done to inform. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I guess maybe they should have gone with the puddle story...:ROFLMAO:

Talked to a friend who's part of an restaurant ownership group during yesterday's round. All of their sites closed 2+ months ago and they received multiple PPP loans. I asked about rent payments. He said there's not a restaurant in town paying rent right now. Yikes.

I don't know the details but it would be interesting to following the money on this one. Cities will demand taxes to make their payroll. Doubt any municipalities offer relief since government deemed all their workers as essential, to the best of my knowledge. Property owners won't be able make their payments to the bank and city. Does the federal government step in as a backstop to the banks as they did in 2008? Current and future (via debt) tax payers will ultimately fund significant portions of the shutdown.

Unknown.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back