Status
Not open for further replies.
Denton? I was just over in the Lewisville site this afternoon getting my first one....
Denton County. Lewisville location. ;)

My county did a great job of setting up the vaccine hub. They set up a drive thru. As you drive thru, you fill out the paper work, paper work is checked and then the vaccine was given. Then, waited 15 minutes in another parking area to see if any reactions. Then drive off. A piece of cake. Didn't have to get out of my car.
Sounds like you went to the Alamodome!

We were 'warned' that our 2nd Pfizer vaccine dose might cause more symptoms, but I felt similarly after both. A little run down, and had some diarrhea the day after. For those experiencing arm pain - that really has zero to do with the vaccine, but speaks to the skill of the individual giving you the IM injection. The deltoid is not the biggest muscle and especially for more slight folks, you're going to be sore.

I'm in a national research project where I log my possible symptoms and potential exposure every morning. I've been tested more than 6 times for COVID antibodies over the course of my participation. Despite working as a nurse in a hospital where COVID patients abound, I am still negative. I recently received a shipment with 6 monthly tests, the first of which I took shortly after my first Pfizer dose. I expected antibodies to show, but they did not. I'll take the 2nd test in a week or so after getting the 2nd vaccine. Very curious if I show antibodies this time. There are other antibodies other than the two primary ones most COVID antibody tests look for. So even if I don't show antibody positive, it doesn't necessarily mean the vaccine provides no protection. But I would be encouraged to see antibodies on the next test.

Denton County. Lewisville location. ;)

Yep, They had that place laid out fabulous. I am also a CERT volunteer member in Another area, Neighboring County and they were doing a lot of the non medical volunteering, I will be volunteering at the Mc Kinney Site

My wife received her second Pfizer vaccine on Thursday. We both had Covid before Christmas and she experience light cold-like symptoms plus loss of taste and smell. After her first vaccine she had a very sore arm, muscle aches and fatigue for around 36 hours (she practically slept the whole next day). The second she had a sore arm and some muscle aches the evening she received the vaccine and has felt fine since. For her the second was easier, but I wonder if her experience was different because she just had the virus.

Last edited:
BYW, i will add, i have no soreness or ill effects this morning after getting the shot yesterday afternoon

So far, no side effects after getting the shot yesterday.

wife and I both received our first shots last Thursday...Feb. 11 will go for our second.

Please excuse my ignorance but if you already had the virus why do you need the vacine? I have not kept up on all the newer evidence but early on it was said once you had it you were done and most likely could not get it again.

Is that now determined to not be true and like the flu you need a yearly shot and can still get it no matter what if exposed?

Please excuse my ignorance but if you already had the virus why do you need the vacine? I have not kept up on all the newer evidence but early on it was said once you had it you were done and most likely could not get it again.

Is that now determined to not be true and like the flu you need a yearly shot and can still get it no matter what if exposed?
You are only guaranteed around 3m of immunity and after that it starts to weaken. So you can get it again. Likely symptoms are not as severe. I had it but will take the vaccine when I can. Unpleasant enough to not want to go through it again.

It has been recommended that you still get the vaccine even if you had Covid because of the longer immunity expected. I know a few people who have contracted it twice with one case being worse the second time but still not requiring hospitalization.
Since I have had Covid I am not positive if I will get ithe vaccine when available to me. I guess i will see what the situation is when we get there.

Got my first dose of Moderna a few weeks back and my arm was incredibly sore for almost 48 hours, actually kept me from sleeping on one side. Otherwise, it was easy.

I have my second dose in less than 2 weeks so hopefully that isnt as bad.
Same for me! Moderna on Thursday afternoon, sore arm, but Friday night couldn't sleep on that shoulder. Feels better today.

It's unknown whether infection results in long-lasting immunity, even to the currently circulating strain (or I guess strains, as there have been a couple that have emerged). There was a paper published recently that had some evidence for optimism on this front (at least 6mo of immunity and it looks like the immune system gets primed to respond over longer period fo times), but there have also been examples of people being re-infected.

No downside in getting the shot if you've had it, and at the end of the day it's probably more efficient to just get shots in arms than do antibody testing or something.

The m is what is relevant here. thus discussing mRNA not RNA is important. To that there is no agree to disagree. Facts are critical. To that, it is FACT that mRNA can not alter DNA. Which is critical safety aspect of this vaccine. Are there other concerns....yep. but that is not one of them.

Your choice to not get or get the vaccine is not something I would ever debate. 👊. that we can agree on.

disclaimer : I am just a PhD Chemist, not a medical doctor

some really good explanation of how the mRNA creates the protein to trigger the immune response can be found here:

Please remember that translation happens in the cytosol not in the nucleus where our DNA lives.

No we can still agree to disagree. Have you studied the actual vaccine being administered? Would you know the difference at looking at mRNA versus RNA? You are aware that mRNA can and will mutate? I’m not comfortable with it. It’s not something I’m comfortable with. Based on the best advice I’ve received, it’s a hard pass. You’re most likely 99% correct.

I understand and fully get your point. My point is with 4 months, who knows what we’re getting? I’ll gladly vaccinate anyone that qualifies. I choose not to.

No we can still agree to disagree. Have you studied the actual vaccine being administered? Would you know the difference at looking at mRNA versus RNA? You are aware that mRNA can and will mutate? I’m not comfortable with it. It’s not something I’m comfortable with. Based on the best advice I’ve received, it’s a hard pass. You’re most likely 99% correct.

I understand and fully get your point. My point is with 4 months, who knows what we’re getting? I’ll gladly vaccinate anyone that qualifies. I choose not to.

No, this isn't a "agree to disagree" situation. Your understanding of the underlying biology is incorrect here.

No, this isn't a "agree to disagree" situation. Your understanding of the underlying biology is incorrect here.

Again, have you personally studied this under an electron microscope?

My understanding is fine. My point is being missed but I can guarantee you that my fundamental understanding of the situation is the same as yours.

I’m not right nor wrong. It just depends.

I’m out. PM me if you’d like to berate me further.

And it is an agree to disagree. I’m not the dumba** that I can come off on here as.

Again, have you personally studied this under an electron microscope?

My understanding is fine. My point is being missed but I can guarantee you that my fundamental understanding of the situation is the same as yours.

I’m not right nor wrong. It just depends.

I’m out. PM me if you’d like to berate me further.

And it is an agree to disagree. I’m not the dumba** that I can come off on here as.

I've worked in infectious disease (including RNA viruses) for nearly 20 years and have a Ph.D. in a related field. And I've spent the last year or so on vaccine-related projects. I've got a pretty good handle on the biology here.

I've worked in infectious disease (including RNA viruses) for nearly 20 years and have a Ph.D. in a related field. And I've spent the last year or so on vaccine-related projects. I've got a pretty good handle on the biology here.

Take it to PM dude. I already said that. I’m not in the damn mood and I don’t want to say something I’ll regret.

My wife received her first dose (Pfizer) about a week ago. No issues for her thus far, thankfully. See how shot two goes.
I intend to get mine when I’m given the option.

I’m an RN, 38m. Was exposed on a fri/sat by my old man who came over in the morning to watch my son while my wife and I were at work. Next Thursday my wife and I got the vaccine(Pfizer) I got super sick that night with all COVID symptoms except for fever. Got tested twice and was negative but was sick for a week+. My old lady wasn’t as sick but tested positive. She only tested because I was sick. We both work In an ICU setting full of COVID patients. Not looking forward to my second shot! Lol.

We were 'warned' that our 2nd Pfizer vaccine dose might cause more symptoms, but I felt similarly after both. A little run down, and had some diarrhea the day after. For those experiencing arm pain - that really has zero to do with the vaccine, but speaks to the skill of the individual giving you the IM injection. The deltoid is not the biggest muscle and especially for more slight folks, you're going to be sore.

I'm in a national research project where I log my possible symptoms and potential exposure every morning. I've been tested more than 6 times for COVID antibodies over the course of my participation. Despite working as a nurse in a hospital where COVID patients abound, I am still negative. I recently received a shipment with 6 monthly tests, the first of which I took shortly after my first Pfizer dose. I expected antibodies to show, but they did not. I'll take the 2nd test in a week or so after getting the 2nd vaccine. Very curious if I show antibodies this time. There are other antibodies other than the two primary ones most COVID antibody tests look for. So even if I don't show antibody positive, it doesn't necessarily mean the vaccine provides no protection. But I would be encouraged to see antibodies on the next test.
If so why is a sore arm on the list of side effects for the vaccine? I could see poor injection on a couple per hundred injections, but not the percentage that are stating sore arms - like 30%. In the documentation it says the antibody creation can cause inflammation, etc. Also a number of people said the sore arm effect didn't start until quite a few hours after the injection.

Every single one I’ve followed up on (100’s now, basically every one that has got it at my place of employment) have varying degrees of arm soreness.

The couple I’ve spoke to that have had their second dose say it’s a lot worse.

I’m not for nor against. Just think about what you’re putting in your body. I’m saying this as anonymous internet poster guy not for some of the guys that know me and my job.

Do some research and if you are comfortable puting that substance in your body I’ll slam the plunger home myself if you ask nicely.

If so why is a sore arm on the list of side effects for the vaccine? I could see poor injection on a couple per hundred injections, but not the percentage that are stating sore arms - like 30%. In the documentation it says the antibody creation can cause inflammation, etc. Also a number of people said the sore arm effect didn't start until quite a few hours after the injection.

Find an injectable medicine that doesn't list injection site soreness as a side effect. I don't know how one could differentiate from soreness caused from a 20 gauge needle being inserted into your deltoid or from medication irritation. My point is, maybe poorly worded, you could be injecting water and many would still have soreness. There are ways to give an IM injection that are less painful (Z track, using a 'dart' method vs. pushing the needle in, etc...), and those will definitely result in less (or even no) pain. And size of the muscle is also a factor.

I'm 75 so I guess that puts me in the high risk group but as of now I'm not interested. Going to risk the virus and take my chances until we see how well it works.

Yikes brother - you're really taking a risk there. As a medical professional I would really encourage you to re-think that. The risk COVID poses to you is incontrovertible. There is little to no evidence the vaccine can harm you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back