Cristobal Del Solar Shoots 57 on the Korn Ferry Tour

Great score no doubt, but put a bunch of pros on a course of that length and you could almost expect a score or two in the fifties.

Doubt anyone would pick that swing to be the one to do though. Somehow got to unsee that shut faced reroute of the club.

Badass accomplishment regardless of any beneficial circumstances

Just saw that. Course is 6254 yards and in Bogota. Is that an asterisk?
6254 yards par 70 does generally play longer like around 6600 yards par 72, but for these guys 6600 yards is a pitch and putt.

Great score no doubt, but put a bunch of pros on a course of that length and you could almost expect a score or two in the fifties.

Doubt anyone would pick that swing to be the one to do though. Somehow got to unsee that shut faced reroute of the club.
#Asterisk.

Jeez we can't give people flowers without other people trying to fertilize them. A 57 is awesome. Nobody said it is the best round ever. Why do people who can't accomplish anything want to put asterisks on stuff.

Jeez we can't give people flowers without other people trying to fertilize them. A 57 is awesome. Nobody said it is the best round ever. Why do people who can't accomplish anything want to put asterisks on stuff.
Golfers are brutal. Dude shoots a 57, people be like "Meh, wasn't on a 7500 yard course in driving rain with 50 mph winds, using hickories and balata balls with one hand tied behind his back".

God forbid you get a hole in one on anything less than a 240 yard uphill par 3 surrounded by a moat with alligators, it's not legit. :ROFLMAO:

Great score but at that yardage and elevation I could see many professionals going very low. All par 5’s reachable in 2, wedges into every par 4, I could see scores in the 50’s. I agree he still has to putt, hit it straight, etc but I believe distance or lack of makes scores like this much more attainable. Still quite an accomplishment, I could see a 54 in the future.

Huge asterisk. 6250 yds at 9000 ft elevation. That's like 5500 yds figuring the altitude. #Pitch&Putt
How’s is this an actual mini tour event at that distance and altitude?

What did he hit into greens?

#greatscorebutdamn 😂

Great score but at that yardage and elevation I could see many professionals going very low. All par 5’s reachable in 2, wedges into every par 4, I could see scores in the 50’s. I agree he still has to putt, hit it straight, etc but I believe distance or lack of makes scores like this much more attainable. Still quite an accomplishment, I could see a 54 in the future.
He was 4 shots better than anyone in the field. Two players shot 61 (-9). Short course or not, 57 is still very impressive.

How’s is this an actual mini tour event at that distance and altitude?

What did he hit into greens?

#greatscorebutdamn 😂
You got me?? He said in an interview that his longest club on an approach all day was a 6i; So one par 5 was driver/6i and everything else was less. Lots of 9i & wedges I guess.

Odd than no one else broke 60 at this pitch and putt, hell, 50+ guys didn’t even break par….
Yeah, how do 50 pro golfers go over par on this?

It’s one of the internet’s biggest mysteries. A bunch of hackers sitting around saying that 57 doesn’t count while most couldn’t shoot that on 9 on that setup 🤣

It’s one of the internet’s biggest mysteries. A bunch of hackers sitting around saying that 57 doesn’t count while most couldn’t shoot that on 9 on that setup 🤣
No, not really at all.

It is a hell of a lot easier for us hacks to discount what others achieve, than it is get out there and grind to do what it takes to shoot that number.

It is no longer a mystery, it’s the norm. :unsure:

I could maybe break 59 there for 9 holes 😉

No, not really at all.

It is a hell of a lot easier for us hacks to discount what others achieve, than it is get out there and grind to do what it takes to shoot that number.

It is no longer a mystery, it’s the norm. :unsure:

over your head GIF by ABC Network

Another sub 60 round out there today.

Closer to down the Koehler Tresham, but opinions do vary.

Im good with how anybody wants to classify that score. no reason to debate a great round of golf.

Back