Curse of Oak Island

Yo! Love this show. My 7 year old son has been watching it off and on with me too. We usually watch on Wednesdays after school. One of my favorite parts of the week

I hope a lot longer. I enjoy it.
It’s a fun show. It seems like they are really close with the drilling just west of the garden shaft. At some point, they have to excavate that area.

It’s a fun show. It seems like they are really close with the drilling just west of the garden shaft. At some point, they have to excavate that area.
but they have been approved for Dumas Limiting to restart the digging of the Garden Shaft feature. Just redigging the shaft itself, but like you, i wonder if just excavating the entire area would yield better results

fewer shows, but better results

I like to drink every time the commentator asks a dramatic question, I think my liver hates it 🤣

but they have been approved for Dumas Limiting to restart the digging of the Garden Shaft feature. Just redigging the shaft itself, but like you, i wonder if just excavating the entire area would yield better results

fewer shows, but better results
We have about 2 months left in this season. I want to see something “sizable” out of the area.

Is it a top pocket find, sure is. I have watched from the beginning and I am interested in the story but man the narration now kind of bugs me but also cracks me up.

I've been watching this since the first show, plus my cousin who is a Michelin Tire section manager lives in Bridgewater NS we sail around Mahone Bay and kayak the area a few times every few years when I can travel up there. Pretty area.

Maybe they find something or just drag it out for the next season.

I like to drink every time the commentator asks a dramatic question, I think my liver hates it 🤣
A lead ox cart hinge? 200 feet from where the team found pottery?

"A lead cross...? from the 13th Century...?"

Well, put it this way- i's highly unlikely the cross was lost 700 years ago on the Island. It was probably a 600 year old cross lost about 100 years ago... that is NOW 700 years old.

My other favorite bit of 'information'- They find a spike "that has been used since the 1500's right up until 1850 or so..."

"...A spike... that's 500 years old? found near the swamp?"

But seriously folks... I've watched it since the first series. After all the hype over the years about there being absolutely nothing to the original story, these guys are spending millions of their own money- (or at least they were until Prometheus Entertainment came along.. you know, the Ancient Alien guys), made for an interesting story line. Why did THEY think there actually WAS a treasure? To be honest- something is going on or went on, considering some of the stuff they found. Treasure- probably not. Templar Treasure? Absolutely not. But something was happening there during those early colonial days.

As for SOME of the stuff they claim as being from 'white Europeans', etc... sticks into the craw since Indigenous people aren't being given credit for anything they may have built. Like the well next to the swamp. Wells have been around for millennia- doesn't mean Europeans were there a 1000 years ago. Indigenous folks probably built some sort of 'basic' well structure and the later Euro's improved upon it.

Last edited:
"A lead cross...? from the 13th Century...?"

Well, put it this way- i's highly unlikely the cross was lost 700 years ago on the Island. It was probably a 600 year old cross lost about 100 years ago... that is NOW 700 years old.

My other favorite bit of 'information'- They find a spike "that has been used since the 1500's right up until 1850 or so..."

"...A spike... that's 500 years old? found near the swamp?"

But seriously folks... I've watched it since the first series. After all the hype over the years about there being absolutely nothing to the original story, these guys are spending millions of their own money- (or at least they were until Prometheus Entertainment came along.. you know, the Ancient Alien guys), made for an interesting story line. Why did THEY thing there actually WAS a treasure? To be honest- something is going on or went on, considering some of the stuff they found. Treasure- probably not. Templar Treasure? Absolutely not. But something was happening there during those early colonial days.

As for SOME of the stuff they claim as being from 'white Europeans', etc... sticks into the craw since Indigenous people aren't being given credit for anything they may have built. Like the well next to the swamp. Wells have been around for millennia- doesn't mean Europeans were there a 1000 years ago. Indigenous folks probably built some sort of 'basic' well structure and the later Euro's improved upon it.
so very true. Also, this is nothing but an Entertainment show like (Ancient Aliens, The UnXplained with William Shatner), and they will string it along until, the NS govt ( Nova Scotia Business Inc) stops funding their piece or the show's ratings start to drop and sponsors start leaving. But , I guess we shall see, most likely the cliff hanger goes to next season as it does each year.

so very true. Also, this is nothing but an Entertainment show like (Ancient Aliens, The UnXplained with William Shatner), and they will string it along until, the NS govt ( Nova Scotia Business Inc) stops funding their piece or the show's ratings start to drop and sponsors start leaving. But , I guess we shall see, most likely the cliff hanger goes to next season as it does each year.
Wait wait wait, it’s an entertainment show on a network that televised shows that are entertaining?

🤣😉

Back