Cut Golf Ball Review Thread

This ball gets absolutely shredded.

2I22KWANd_7vCWqAfwyuFyNwzeeeIYRuaTkRYcn1-bUXoFvjW8BgYnvmC7Tc5bDuBv9OfZ9NMLMeWVVTgU0hHarp9GHolvQJ_Q93TvRUEGA1pjRp1glrnShpvCZfMuUYZTHrcecmgQtkfi4wB44PzLxCDtkrh3BSKArE7fHGksNHQvq-wNUsn9O5sCQgL2AWUNetqV9zAKAU7IdBAsBcR9njFhKc3krKpcC5T4I0KrFX0bZCSMgyOh9bb8yg0dzfKq8AVG1uN5dx4m0rmQdi3JN1FsUYKr2IDRWtodRw0xrtFPJ-GlRaVPjVrXoWg63mf9XiUIjRuc2FkUz0ZZoDt1hoLMprxX5FBSLSO_PCc7NVc6cM1hejvMp7J8QXpH_Z5pVM54gmzcS49FUncXrdjQUxjSU2MaJDtbAzbbZBjT8hZFesqfLBNEkVhO4j30ErlbNg0-nSYw9eXsuqV3CA5bFTrqotSywvb5jMMOL-kyGDNZaByYFuOKqM3i0Afl-Ap7Web2jQtgR8Q0XvYs-PgnMBXTOz-Ifjg1hoax-uDK58D9_769i0rMJNust6AxjHEMDzfUcSVG4s74R2IsWkLsco7zG6MvYO_erU5xdE0f5X_1ynZWTmeVnKqLEyjCeAMSvkfICuGKEAsPdftaKGuaakXhrWOYkWoLWA9v6d1Sddr2gCYsTHB6CpTeNzEJCc5gJIZ-KrHMpu5ckbXczjIpiANA=w625-h833-no

Those little frays turned into spaghetti noodles over the next few holes. The ball met a watery end a few holes later.

I cannot say this ball is particularly long, it got beaten out by a Noodle today on a few holes but that can be chalked up to my swing as much as the ball. It's definitely not durable. It's not soft. It doesn't fly anywhere near as straight as the ERC Soft that I normally play. But this ball does play really well into greens. This ball does holds greens and spins pretty darned hard. Approach shots into greens seem to just bit into the surface and stop. I took a hybrid into a par 5 today, the ball stopped a few feet from the pitch mark. 100 yards and in, this ball is so fun because I know I can be aggressive.

This ball gets absolutely shredded.

2I22KWANd_7vCWqAfwyuFyNwzeeeIYRuaTkRYcn1-bUXoFvjW8BgYnvmC7Tc5bDuBv9OfZ9NMLMeWVVTgU0hHarp9GHolvQJ_Q93TvRUEGA1pjRp1glrnShpvCZfMuUYZTHrcecmgQtkfi4wB44PzLxCDtkrh3BSKArE7fHGksNHQvq-wNUsn9O5sCQgL2AWUNetqV9zAKAU7IdBAsBcR9njFhKc3krKpcC5T4I0KrFX0bZCSMgyOh9bb8yg0dzfKq8AVG1uN5dx4m0rmQdi3JN1FsUYKr2IDRWtodRw0xrtFPJ-GlRaVPjVrXoWg63mf9XiUIjRuc2FkUz0ZZoDt1hoLMprxX5FBSLSO_PCc7NVc6cM1hejvMp7J8QXpH_Z5pVM54gmzcS49FUncXrdjQUxjSU2MaJDtbAzbbZBjT8hZFesqfLBNEkVhO4j30ErlbNg0-nSYw9eXsuqV3CA5bFTrqotSywvb5jMMOL-kyGDNZaByYFuOKqM3i0Afl-Ap7Web2jQtgR8Q0XvYs-PgnMBXTOz-Ifjg1hoax-uDK58D9_769i0rMJNust6AxjHEMDzfUcSVG4s74R2IsWkLsco7zG6MvYO_erU5xdE0f5X_1ynZWTmeVnKqLEyjCeAMSvkfICuGKEAsPdftaKGuaakXhrWOYkWoLWA9v6d1Sddr2gCYsTHB6CpTeNzEJCc5gJIZ-KrHMpu5ckbXczjIpiANA=w625-h833-no

Those little frays turned into spaghetti noodles over the next few holes. The ball met a watery end a few holes later.

I cannot say this ball is particularly long, it got beaten out by a Noodle today on a few holes but that can be chalked up to my swing as much as the ball. It's definitely not durable. It's not soft. It doesn't fly anywhere near as straight as the ERC Soft that I normally play. But this ball does play really well into greens. This ball does holds greens and spins pretty darned hard. Approach shots into greens seem to just bit into the surface and stop. I took a hybrid into a par 5 today, the ball stopped a few feet from the pitch mark. 100 yards and in, this ball is so fun because I know I can be aggressive.
this is how I feel about the Blue/Grey. I loose balls at an alarming rate, so durability is not a deal breaker for me. I like how it interacts with the greens.

this is how I feel about the Blue/Grey. I loose balls at an alarming rate, so durability is not a deal breaker for me. I like how it interacts with the greens.
I wish I loved the ball flight more for me to take a dive and buy more. I can handle the cover because I also lose a lot of golf balls. It's what happens when you treat every hero shot as a personal insult.

As to the color, it's a bit different than the Srixon, but I wouldn't call it "off-white", maybe just not as bright. Here's a pic, although as you said, hard to tell in the photo.
Looks like it has less blue in it than the Srixon.

Played 18 with the Cut Grey yesterday, on a pretty tough course, and confirmed for me that this is a very good ball, especially at it's price point. The feel is good off all clubs, other than being a bit clicky off the putter, and that was less noticeable when not going side-by-side with another ball . Ball flight and distance were right in there with my regular gamer, the Q-Star Tour , as was the way it played on and around the greens. Durability was definitely not a problem, so maybe that is an issue with the DC only.

I let my playing partner play one for a while, he is younger than me, has a higher swing speed, and usually plays balls in this price range. He really liked it, thought it felt great off all clubs, and really liked how it performed on and around the greens. He finally hit it OB with a bad drive, and was disappointed to see it go.

I lost two balls yesterday, and my partner lost another, so I still have three sleeves left. I'll keep playing them until they are gone, as I'm definitely not seeing any lack in performance with them, and I'll continue to post my thoughts about them here. I can say this already though, even after only a couple of outings with the Cut Grey, I could easily see this being my regular ball, if it weren't for the shelf full of Q-Star Tours I already have.

Cut DC’s will be put in play for the first time in live play during league tonight, can’t wait!

First nine with the Cut DC tonight. Played a single ball the entire round, which is a plus on many levels. The ball performed very well on route to a nice 39 for me and a win in league.

A slightly harder feel off the driver, hybrid, and irons with a consistent distance. My numbers were all spot on with my average distances recently with the TP5 and Vice Pro Plus.

The ball performs great around the green. It is very responsive and spins exactly how I need it to. I noticed nice zip back on my long iron shots as well.

I was hoping to not run into the same durability issues as the other testers but unfortunately I did. Again, I played a single ball the entire round and didn’t get into too much trouble but the ball is definitely beat up. As a 12 handicapper I don’t know how big of a deal it is, I don’t think it really affects my game so I am not too worried about it but could see this being a problem for scratch golfers.
77B1AA6C-D102-45FF-B7D5-1F2D467DB433.jpeg
E54A9FA8-8A23-4594-BD4C-D2F8FBF5386B.jpeg
D8709882-C92B-4053-A8B2-DEC900F44326.jpeg

Hello THPers,

We appreciate being a part of the THP community and the support received over the past four years.

@Davidhibler @KingsKraken @blugold @Nate<80, thank you for participating in the ball test and for your honest feedback. We greatly rely on the general public’s reaction to our balls and apparel so we can improve as a brand, be it big or small.

We’re sorry to see you had durability issues with Cut DC, as it is our premium ball and has tested well with the likes of Golf Digest, TGX, and Today’s Golfer in the UK, as well as highly rated by our customers.

We stand by our 100% satisfaction guarantee, so we’d like to regain your trust with a new batch of Cut DC. Please shoot us a direct message with your contact information so we can take care of you! Thanks again!

I played this morning.

I gotta say, into greens this ball is a lot of fun. It's been a bit cold here and soft so I can't say it's a long golf ball, but into greens, it's been one of my favorites in a long time.

Thanks to @AndyL0711 I will be gaming some DC balls this weekend and letting you know how they play!

Thanks boss!

16182842220324122812227416553768.jpg

I played this morning.

I gotta say, into greens this ball is a lot of fun. It's been a bit cold here and soft so I can't say it's a long golf ball, but into greens, it's been one of my favorites in a long time.

Couldn’t agree more here. This ball is lethal into greens. I feel like almost every shot holds and it is definitely spinning back for me as well. Been fun so far and will be putting it in play for league again on Friday and a full 18 on Saturday.

I am looking forward to hitting these balls...of course I am between iron sets right now. I ordered a new OL radspeed set but they are still getting done.

Another 18 in the books with the Cut Grey, and again the ball performs well for me. It was a day of erratic play for me, really inconsistent off the tee, and a lot of scrambling around the greens. Flight, distance, and feel were still what I would expect from a ball of this construction, when I put a good swing on the ball, and durability is definitely not an issue. I hit a couple of trees, and at least one good bounce off a cart path, and the Cut Grey held up really well. :thumb:

I was a lucky recipient of the Cut Golf Ball Give Away and I want to thank THP and Cut Golf for the opportunity. I was given the Cut Grey Ball which they say is close to Srixon Soft/Bridgestone E12 balls. Upon opening a sleeve I for a very "Bright White ball with a Bold Red number", the ball felt a little sticky but I was anxious to play it in my League Play.
First hit: kinda sounded low and dead, not like the crisp sound off the face of the club. 2nd hit Fairway: same feeling but ball did glide down to fairway bunker. 3rd shot: oh boy the Beach....I hate this shot but the Cut Grey did what I had been reading in the other reviews. The ball came off the 9 iron with a "POP" and hit nicely up to the collar of the Par 5. 4th shot: well I was about 40 feet from the pin, puttable yes but I like to use my 2 way for shots like these. Again the Ball "popped" of the chipper and gave me a great straight roll across the green leaving me an 8 footer. 5th shot: 8 foot putt pretty much straight on but the greens were punched and sanded 4 days ago and there was still stuff all over. The Cut Grey came off the putter crisp, just like the wedge but nothing like my Driver and 3 wood. The ball was very good for me on the green for the 1st hole.

Played the sleeve because 2 of these decided that walking in the woods was better than getting all sandy....so I was down to 1 ball at the end of 7 holes. However, those 2 balls preceding the last were holding up well with no scuffs or blems.
Final thought: I probably wouldn't play this ball as my everyday one, it just didn't feel like my others. I would though suggest these to a Beginner or Twice a year Outing Hacker because of their price point. I'd even say to an Outing Host if they were doing a "Money Ball" purchase these.

Yeah, after Cut sent out some more sleeves of balls, I played today with some yellow DCs. If the cover wear is an issue, use the yellow balls. Hides it much better. I can't say these are long golf balls, I'm working on early season swing rust, but they are some of the most accurate golf balls I've used. Just great golf balls into greens.

The DCs are not soft, man they feel exactly like Pro-v1x balls. But they absolutely fall out of the sky or spin like crazy on lower shots. That firmness has to play a part in how easily they crack and wear.

Put the DC’s in play for 18 today.

Hard to tell distance consistency as I was playing Cobra Forged Tecs which I have never hit before and it was also 45 degrees lol.

I’m on the original batch we received and still seeing some major durability issues, but enjoying the ball still. The DC is very strong around the green and is nice from long distances into the green as well.

Tough to comment on how it performs off the tee as I was duck hooking a lot of balls with the driver today.

Major shout out to @Cut Golf for sending a couple sleeves from a different batch. Will be continuing to play these and giving feedback.

Yeah, after Cut sent out some more sleeves of balls, I played today with some yellow DCs. If the cover wear is an issue, use the yellow balls. Hides it much better. I can't say these are long golf balls, I'm working on early season swing rust, but they are some of the most accurate golf balls I've used. Just great golf balls into greens.

The DCs are not soft, man they feel exactly like Pro-v1x balls. But they absolutely fall out of the sky or spin like crazy on lower shots. That firmness has to play a part in how easily they crack and wear.
I had no problem with the DC balls sent over by @AndyL0711, not sure they rise above grey/blue for me. Also I witnessed some quality with the cover issues. Played 16 holes with same ball...

I had no problem with the DC balls sent over by @AndyL0711, not sure they rise above grey/blue for me. Also I witnessed some quality with the cover issues. Played 16 holes with same ball...
Right. Sure, the cover may crack or fray, but the ball goes straight and doesn't go out of play. So what's the issue?

I'm not sure if I like it enough to game them full time, they are firm, but fun into greens.

I haven had my yellow out yet. Had high hopes because the cover looks different. Dang.
The ball made it the entire round. Scratches and all.

Had the new batch of Cut DC’s out tonight at league compliments of @Cut Golf

Much more durable than the last batch which was great to see.

These things are very good into greens, tons of check with long irons and even the shorter pitch shots.

I played a Callaway Chrome Soft at the end of the round and noticed slightly more distance. I think the DC might be a little shorter, but hard to tell for sure unless I get on a simulator.

Heads up guys. I gave a sleeve of the DC to a buddy of mine on Thursday. He played them side by side with his pro v and seemed to enjoy them. They were just as long, if not longer. Checked up ok on the greens and more importantly, he didn't have a mark on them until he hit a cart path.
Even on a full 52 degree into a green.

Not sure why I was having different results with durability, but they came from the same dozen 🤷‍♂️

Put the Cut DC Yellows into play this evening. The durability was great! No issues whatsoever after nine holes of play.

I can’t say it enough, this ball is so good into the greens. Had a 9 iron and P Wedge spin back nicely around 5 yards.

Felt great off the tee today, and performs how I need it to around the greens.

Something about the yellow color I like a lot better than the white. Enjoying them!

Last edited:
I've still got a couple of sleeves of the Cut Grey, and have played them side-by-side with several other balls. This ball compares favorably with everything I've put it up against, mostly balls in the $30 - $35 range. Distance is at least close, if not equal to most of them, spin is as good or better (some of the comparisons weren't urethane), and durability was very good. I'll keep playing them until they're gone, and seriously consider gaming them full time when my shelf full of other balls is gone.

Back