Cut my handicap in half

Just caught up on your thread...man, what a journey. Congrats on the accomplishments! I've been having a rough go of it lately. After shooting a PB of a 77 2 months ago, I've been on the struggle bus. You're an inspiration right now. I'm going to grind hard so I can hold my end of the team up come Mitsubishi time!!

Just caught up on your thread...man, what a journey. Congrats on the accomplishments! I've been having a rough go of it lately. After shooting a PB of a 77 2 months ago, I've been on the struggle bus. You're an inspiration right now. I'm going to grind hard so I can hold my end of the team up come Mitsubishi time!!
Welcome to my world... Shot a 72 on a Par 71 last summer but it's been steadily down hill and flat since then. Swapped club and teacher and hopefully on the way back.

To the OP, great job, threads like this are an inspiration to those of us struggling...

A

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Welcome to my world... Shot a 72 on a Par 71 last summer but it's been steadily down hill and flat since then. Swapped club and teacher and hopefully on the way back.

To the OP, great job, threads like this are an inspiration to those of us struggling...

A

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk
I think both of your comments point to something that has been huge in my journey to improving the mental part of the game for me, has always been the biggest struggle. When I’ve had a good route, I go out the next round, expecting to do the same or better. That would absolutely destroy me. I can confidently say the thing that I have improved the most on is letting go of a good or bad round.

Every round is a new one, and I go into it with zero expectations on the score. I really tried to focus on doing what I’ve been working on. It’s not always easy, but it seems to be working for me.

I think both of your comments point to something that has been huge in my journey to improving the mental part of the game for me, has always been the biggest struggle. When I’ve had a good route, I go out the next round, expecting to do the same or better. That would absolutely destroy me. I can confidently say the thing that I have improved the most on is letting go of a good or bad round.

Every round is a new one, and I go into it with zero expectations on the score. I really tried to focus on doing what I’ve been working on. It’s not always easy, but it seems to be working for me.

Being consistent is consistently the hardest thing. I like your mindset and have tried it with mixed results, which tells me my mind isn't working in solidarity with the strategy. Something that was pointed out to me recently by a former D1 college golfer who also happens to be my fitter is that while I think I'm doing course management, I'm not doing the course management. Example: Par 5, dogleg left, I hit a drive that fades right. Instead of taking something that leaves me 150 in, which has been consistently solid, I take a 3 or 5 wood to try to get within 75 yards or less with more of a chance of duffing a fairway wood, as opposed to an 8-iron. So I need to rethink that, which would result in better course management and better confidence.

I’ve got a little over a month left. After today’s round I’m sitting at 9.9. It’s so freaking close I can taste it.

I admittedly haven’t been practicing the last 2 months like I was at the beginning. Instead I’ve been playing a lot more. I need to grind out some good practice sessions in the short game. That’s really been costing me some strokes much more often than I’d like to admit.

I have about a month left to shave those last couple strokes off. It’s going to be hard but I think I can do it. I won’t stop til I cross the finish line.

Back