Cut my handicap in half

Pulling for you. 7 strokes is a big bite. Work Hard. Work Smart. Believe. and don't be afraid to modify your plan as you and your coaches see things evolve.

When you play are you playing with any low handicaps or just randoms? I think that playing with better golfers really helps you to focus and also see and learn how they are hitting certain shots or playing certain holes. This can go a long way towards playing better.
Most of the time I’m playing with guys that are a higher cap. I definitely play better when I play with lower Players. I plan on bumping myself up to a higher flight next tournament season to get more of this in.

I had an absolute horrible day on approach shots. I caught a case of the shanks on the first nine and lost five balls. I ended up shooting 51/41.

Positives: I got out of the tee box better today than I have been. I putted absolutely amazing, which was very encouraging with the putter change today.

Critical mistakes that cost me strokes: all five balls that I lost were shanks inside 140 yards. Three were inside 100.

I managed to turn around my day on what started off as the worst ball striking day in a long time. The handicap didn’t move and is still sitting at 14.1 after today.

And here are my Shot Scope stats from the round.
IMG_3153.png

Last edited:
Time to work on the shots that killed me yesterday. Need to smooth out 75-150
IMG_3165.jpeg

Coach saw me on the range and came over to point out what I was doing wrong. Sometimes those little things make you feel so dumb. Oh well, went from the hosel to good strikes, maybe a little on the toe but much better than yesterday. Now i need to go play again lol

I had a little bit of a rough trip to play golf in Georgia so that was frustrating but a lot of fun.

Since coming back from that trip, I’ve been following along with my practice plan. I’ve been doing some extra practice with the wedges since I’m involved in the Edison PW challenge. I’m happy to say the practice is paying off.

I got out to play yesterday and shot my best round ever at a 77. I was +6 on the round I’m extremely happy with the round but already thinking, what could’ve been. I finished bogey, double, bogey. I was rushing to make sure I finished the round being up against the daylight. I made one stupid decision on the double. Oh well, it was still the best round. I’ve played.

My handicap now sits at 12.4.

I had a little bit of a rough trip to play golf in Georgia so that was frustrating but a lot of fun.

Since coming back from that trip, I’ve been following along with my practice plan. I’ve been doing some extra practice with the wedges since I’m involved in the Edison PW challenge. I’m happy to say the practice is paying off.

I got out to play yesterday and shot my best round ever at a 77. I was +6 on the round I’m extremely happy with the round but already thinking, what could’ve been. I finished bogey, double, bogey. I was rushing to make sure I finished the round being up against the daylight. I made one stupid decision on the double. Oh well, it was still the best round. I’ve played.

Congrats on the PB! Finishing a round like that sucks but it provides a mighty incentive to get better in closing out the round.

Ambitious goal. Don't know your history. If at some point in time you have been below 10 I'd say good chance but if not you have a tall mountain. Go climb it.

Great drop in HC.

“Cut handicap in half” I’ve seen this somewhere before… 🙃

Hitting greens helps a bit with it all. Aim for no less than 8 a round

Heck ya dude

“Cut handicap in half” I’ve seen this somewhere before… 🙃

Hitting greens helps a bit with it all. Aim for no less than 8 a round
I aim for all the greens. It’s that hitting them part that’s hard 😂.

It’s funny you say try to get eight per round. I looked at my Shot Scope and that’s what I hit yesterday. It’s almost like you’re a genius.

Best of luck to you. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Just catching up, looking forward to following along.

I aim for all the greens. It’s that hitting them part that’s hard 😂.

It’s funny you say try to get eight per round. I looked at my Shot Scope and that’s what I hit yesterday. It’s almost like you’re a genius.
I don’t know why people question this. I only act stupid for my own amusement

You are your way to the Hero, that’s a finish Tiger can (did) do!

I’m working on doubling mine.
You do you
Youre Doing It Wrong Everyone Makes Mistakes GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Inside 100 yards. Short game practice. Putting and chipping will help reduce handicap quicker than anything.

Putts make up more strokes than any other single thing.

Avoiding penalties off the tee is another important thing to focus on.

Inside 109 yards. Short game practice. Putting and chipping will help reduce handicap quicker than anything.

Putts make up more strokes than any other single thing.

Avoiding penalties off the tee is another important thing to focus on.
It’s like you’ve watched me play 😂

Practice has been going well. Missed a few days because work has been crazy but pretty solid for the most part. I’m currently sitting at 13.0 so down 1 since starting this.

My play has been good lately. Last six rounds include an all time low of 77, 81 twice, 87, 88, and 92. Scoring avg over that time is 84 so that’s trending the right direction. I’ll probably get in one, maybe two more rounds before closing out the year.

I’m hitting greens more right now at 33%. I think a lot of that has to do with less pressure being put on to get up & down if I miss. My up & down is at 29% which is up from 24% year to date.

I’m losing the most shots each round off the tee right now. Going to focus on getting that under control and I should see a little bump.

I’m looking forward to seeing the continued improvement!

Shot 87 today in what’s likely my last round of the year. The score has been added to GHIN and the pending index is 12.7. I’ve made some great progress and looking forward to keeping it going in 2024. Only 5.7 shots to drop!

Shot 87 today in what’s likely my last round of the year. The score has been added to GHIN and the pending index is 12.7. I’ve made some great progress and looking forward to keeping it going in 2024. Only 5.7 shots to drop!
Keep it up dude!

Well done my man!

Back